Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Personally I like the UK climate. In general not too hot and not too cold but with the potential to get very hot or very cold at times. This makes the weather, in the main, bearable but also brings a lot of interest in the extremes when they do occur as they're unusual.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Crappy climate? Maritime is different to Continental, crappy is your view not fact,. I know many folk who would prefer the UK climate. You just seem very defensive of your preference, name calling a climate from another country just because you don't like it seems odd in my view, a preference is just that, not better or worse than somewhere else just totally different as we all are.

Yes, it’s my view and I’ve never really liked the UK climate. I prefer a more continental climate, the weather is more interesting generally and the seasons are a bit more defined. Also, weather types that I love (such as thunderstorms) occur more frequently and can be more severe. 
Just one thing I’d like to ask: If the UK maritime climate is so wonderful and appealing....why are you on here moaning about it so much? 

• Like 3

Posted

I only moan when weather forecasters lie. Like 3 days ago our local weather they mentioned getting the paddling pool out.. why say things like that?? gives people the wrong impression. The met office has gone for settling down by the 10 of the July  with the possibility of warm to hot conditions. there after for the rest of July. they will keep that message up for another 3/4 days and then change it. Just be honest that's all i ask  at this time of the year. Anyway saying that i cant actually complain  June has been excellent in my part of the world.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
32 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Just one thing I’d like to ask: If the UK maritime climate is so wonderful and appealing....why are you on here moaning about it so much? 

Your still doing it!! Now your inventing words i never used to describe the UK climate!!Also take look at the thread title......and please quote me on a direct moan i made about the UK climate as a whole? Oh and i hope we can still class this as banter part of the title....i don't mean at all to offend!

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
18 minutes ago, markyo said:

Your still doing it!! Now your inventing words i never used to describe the UK climate!!Also take look at the thread title......and please quote me on a direct moan i made about the UK climate as a whole? Oh and i hope we can still class this as banter part of the title....i don't mean at all to offend!

You’re on here whining away for much of the year. So you don’t like the UK climate then, either?

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You’re on here whining away for much of the year. So you don’t like the UK climate then, either?

So mate you can't quote me then!......i suppose it is tricky to quote what is not there

Edited by markyo

Posted
34 minutes ago, markyo said:

So mate you can't quote me then!......i suppose it is tricky to quote what is not there

You’re denying your near constant moaning on here then?!

Posted
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You’re denying your near constant moaning on here then?!

Again....show me a quote!!☺️

Posted
12 minutes ago, markyo said:

Again....show me a quote!!☺️

Answer the question! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Answer the question! 

I never moan....i just follow your marvellous example and voice my view

• Thanks 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Answer the question! 

it is a moaning thread :-p

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Well, we did have a cold (er) winter last year and we had a chilly April and May, maybe things are getting colder. But everyone on this forum seems to be very pro-warmth at the moment.

I bet Markyo would love it if we went into an Ice Age (which could happen if we get a Grand Solar Minimum).

A selection of people are pro-warmth at the moment because it’s summer.

The vast majority of people on here are pro-cold in the winter but for some reason that seems to be ok? (It is ok by the way, I’m just highlighting the fact that the same names pop up every year moaning at the people who like warmth in summer). 

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

it is a moaning thread

It is indeed! It’s not a guilt-tripping thread, though or a thread where people tell other people they are wrong to want summery weather in, er, summer ?‍♂️ 

Posted

Coming to the end of June, and in the Lake District it has been a very good month, not a classic, but in terms of rainfall about as good as it gets. Other than Friday just gone we have had very few days with any rain, and when it did, only brought a sprinkle. Certainly made up for the washout May, a very poor month. Sunshine wise its been ok. Temperature wise, good but we have yet to hit 25 degrees, indeed most days have brought maxima range 16-21 degrees. No rain forecast for the rest of the month, likely to be a Top 10 driest June..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It has been a fairly mixed June in my neck of the woods with top temperatures ranging from 15 to 26 Celsius, so an average top temp of 20.5 Celsius which I would say is pretty reasonable. In terms of precipitation we did have the odd shower on a couple of days as well as one evening where the rainfall was heavy, and showers are forecast for the last few days; but I would say that the rainfall levels have overall been just below average though certainly nothing exceptional. In terms of sunshine there were a few overcast days mixed in with sunny ones; so around average overall. On the whole, it has been a fairly benign start to the summer.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day here in Prague, mainly sunny and 26°C. As opposed to London where it’s cloudy and 19°C. I know which I prefer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Yes.  Mixed month here, not bad, but no classic.  1st half very good, 2nd half quite poor.  

But.. where on earth has the thunder been?!

• Like 1

Posted

June has been okay I’d say. Not good not bad, just okay. However, this is turning into a drab summer. Just clouds and cool. Into July it’s forecasted to be cloudy and 21-22C

• Like 2

Posted

Grey, cool, windy here. 18c is not exactly what I would call 'summer'. Still having to wear a light jacket to go out and about in. 28c is more like it for me but sadly in the 88 days since 1st April we have only managed 2 days at 25c or above. And nothing above 26c. So no washout by any means but certainly not a stonker! 

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Grey, cool, windy here. 18c is not exactly what I would call 'summer'. Still having to wear a light jacket to go out and about in. 28c is more like it for me but sadly in the 88 days since 1st April we have only managed 2 days at 25c or above. And nothing above 26c. So no washout by any means but certainly not a stonker! 

July traditionally turns on the heat.. but not always, last year we had one day above 20 degrees! Crikey!!! It also turns on the rain taps and forgets to turn them off until March!.. here anyway..

• Like 1

Posted
_119107858_3c05ec31-ec18-4679-8450-96e3f
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The National Weather Service has issued heat warnings for Washington, Oregon, California and Idaho.

Of all the years for this to happen after the last 15 months, mother nature can be a right b****h at times. Sadly even more folk will suffer the loss of loved ones now i fear.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
11 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

I only moan when weather forecasters lie. Like 3 days ago our local weather they mentioned getting the paddling pool out.. why say things like that?? gives people the wrong impression. The met office has gone for settling down by the 10 of the July  with the possibility of warm to hot conditions. there after for the rest of July. they will keep that message up for another 3/4 days and then change it. Just be honest that's all i ask  at this time of the year. Anyway saying that i cant actually complain  June has been excellent in my part of the world.

There is the issue. 10th July is a fortnight out. There is little skill in UK weather forecasts at that lead time, so most of the time they will change as the date approaches. Stop looking at forecasts that far ahead and expecting them to be consistent or have significant skill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
8 hours ago, Azazel said:

A selection of people are pro-warmth at the moment because it’s summer.

The vast majority of people on here are pro-cold in the winter but for some reason that seems to be ok? (It is ok by the way, I’m just highlighting the fact that the same names pop up every year moaning at the people who like warmth in summer). 

It is ok to prefer warm/hot weather in summer or cold weather in winter. Preferences cannot be wrong. What is not ok is when person A says they like heat, person B says they prefer temperatures below 25C, then person A comes back telling them to stop being a wuss, as though you can somehow train yourself to enjoy temperatures 5-10C above your comfort level and not doing so it a sign of weakness.

• Like 1