Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Smashing it down with snaw... instant covering and probably the heaviest snaw ive seen all winter. ❄❄❄❄

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Aye, just back from pickup up youngest from Insch. Scattered showers on my drive there, heavy snow heading back up the hill. Blustery wind too so pretty much a mini blizzard. Just managing to settle around the level of the house but doubt it'll last long enough to amount to anything. 

• Like 7

Posted

Suddenly the radar is alive and looks like some very heavy showers starting to pack in.. strangely last week and again tonight the radar has had me under the green rain/snaw but both times its been all snaw infact last week had 6 inches of laying snaw that stuck around for 3 days but not once was i under the pink...

3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Aye, just back from pickup up youngest from Insch. Scattered showers on my drive there, heavy snow heading back up the hill. Blustery wind too so pretty much a mini blizzard. Just managing to settle around the level of the house but doubt it'll last long enough to amount to anything. 

Same here was sticking instantly here and then as soon as shower stops its gone..

• Like 5

Posted

Snowing here tonight too (unsurprisingly, given I'm about halfway between MS and Ravelin!) after a lovely sunny, if windy, day. 

Heading to the Lecht first thing which could be fun if the wind and snow showers keep piling in tonight. 

• Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowandrocks said:

Snowing here tonight too (unsurprisingly, given I'm about halfway between MS and Ravelin!) after a lovely sunny, if windy, day. 

Heading to the Lecht first thing which could be fun if the wind and snow showers keep piling in tonight. 

Under another one now... looking at the radar it could be an all nighter here...❄❄

• Like 6

Posted

And another one now... these showers are really packing in here now.. big fat flakes and very heavy. Brilliant stuff. The boredom of December and January are now a distant memory. This is what winters all about..mon the snaw..❄❄❄

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Edinburgh castle yesterday. East Lothian had a covering in the morning.

EDIcastlejo.jpg

edicastlewindow.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Very slight frost to start day after a night of showers so still very muddy

However sun is now out and wind gone so feels a lot better

• Like 7

Posted

Another 2 to 3 cms overnight so about 18cms as I left this morning. Working in East Sutherland and it’s a lovely fresh morning with clear skies and some sun, no bad at all 

• Like 8

Posted
2 hours ago, Stormchaser17 said:

Next possible storm to keep an eye on in the coming days.

image.thumb.png.abfb800bd3b15ad87054eda2e755d8df.png

It could bring more windy weather in the NW from yesterday's and today's forecasts.

Here it is, just at the tail end of this morning's WRF 00z. For now, it seems that the strongest winds (possible 80-90+mph gusts) will stay out in the Atlantic, but a small shift is all that is needed to involve NW Scotland. Let' see what will happen.

image.thumb.png.34460aaad154c4d510c69a969e104692.png image.thumb.png.f0e71dee440b28c24c085583b75c5c77.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

2140644795_DSC_1239(4).thumb.JPG.15f0cae53481f994de1886df70c996ed.JPG

Yesterday and last nights showers left just couple cms as earlier snow had mostly melted, frozen and icy this morning so least couple of hours with no mud.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Pretty mild out this evening, compared to the last few nights - think we're at around 7C now. However looking around both locally and across the firth, there's still a lot of lying snow. A weekend of mild windiness (excuse me) will reduce it. 

• Like 2

Posted

Headed up to the Lecht this morning to an absolute cracker of a day. Light winds, warm sun and on the whole, great snow. Almost full car park too so good to see some cash finally pouring in after all the covid nonsense. 

IMG_20220225_181344_165.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Think we had five minutes wet snow  on Thurs that melted on hitting the pavement. More constant wind and sudden heavy showers. I think I've moved to a snow-free zone, but since I got so unsteady on my feet  (decrepit!) maybe it's a good thing. I miss it though.

• Like 5

Posted

Positive thought for the day Its dry above .ground drying  and milder at 8c  but that wind again like a never ending record for this winter is a gale force southerly making it feel a lot colder.  With such wet ground more trees vulnerable again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Positive thought for the day Its dry above .ground drying  and milder at 8c  but that wind again like a never ending record for this winter is a gale force southerly making it feel a lot colder.  With such wet ground more trees vulnerable again.

We have 9.5C and a stiff breeze which (cos I'm busy with firewood) feels very pleasant. 

• Like 2

Posted

It has been windy today and it will continue through the evening and the first part of the night for the Hebrides, with a front stalling just off the coast to the W.

The WRF is seeing the intense winds in the last 24h and the storm that will come close to Scotland later tomorrow.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

• Like 4