Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Yesterday.... gorgeous clear blue skies and pleasant temp at around 9.4c. Today, dreich, miserable pish,  temp 7.9c. My central heating is playing up and my telephone landline isn't working. Message to SSE re phone, contacted builder friend re central heating. So what's going to go wrong next? These things come in threes apparently! 

• Like 7

Posted

Spring is not starting off that auspiciously as each day the weather is getting worse.

Horrible day of soggy Aberdeenshire Permagloom™; persistent drizzle saturating surfaces, not a nice day to be working outside.

Currently 6c with light to occasionally moderate SE winds.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Cracking pics in this thread last few days.

Tuesday was fantastic but last couple have been wet and gloomy down here. Ground pretty saturated, I hope this easterly materialises to deliver us some snow before we see a much quicker warm up that last spring.

If nothing else it would save us some money after April arrives!

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

Spring is not starting off that auspiciously as each day the weather is getting worse.

Horrible day of soggy Aberdeenshire Permagloom™; persistent drizzle saturating surfaces, not a nice day to be working outside.

Currently 6c with light to occasionally moderate SE winds.

Oddly, after a wet start, it's not a bad day over this side of the hill. Gentle breeze, occasional brightness and everything drying up nicely. Always find it interesting how the weather can change over quite small distances. 

Working slowly through the ludicrous amounts of firewood I have to split - got at least 5 years supply from the storms! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Dull and cold again, all day, with some determined drizzle in the morning, but the sky is finally clearing from the west so it should be a brighter day tomorrow. Nice enough today though to get out for lunch for the first time in a long time. Walked there and back too. Just.

Overnight temperature around 6.4⁰C rose to a high of 8.3⁰C at 13:38 and has now fallen to a low for the day of 4.6⁰C, humidity is 90%, wind has dropped to nothing from a maximum gust of 14mph northwesterly at 04:18, pressure is 1017.0hPa rising slowly, 2.2mm of rain fell today, cloud cover is 7/8 and the dew point is at 3⁰C.

03 March 22.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Did anyone else get an interesting sunset? Just seemed to have different colours shifting and fading for a long time while I was at the kitchen window trying not to think about stuff.

• Like 5

Posted
18 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Did anyone else get an interesting sunset? Just seemed to have different colours shifting and fading for a long time while I was at the kitchen window trying not to think about stuff.

Yes interesting sunset as I returned in tractor from delivering some hay colours were very vivid ranging from blue to orange /red. Been dry here today but dull and the wind has been very variable from almost calm to gale force gusts.The last few dry/sunny days has helped get jobs done outside and clear your mind.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Same down here. A very nice sunset with the colour bouncing off the underside of the clouds.

• Like 6

Posted

Horrid day.  Cold (currently 3.5c) with persistent light to moderate rain.  Light winds the only saving grace.

Thankfully the weekend looks to be a big improvement.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Same as yesterday here - really raw cold damp - nice to be inside knittng and eating cake.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
2 hours ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Been a nice morning and some fair weather cloud bubbling up past few hours. Out of nowhere cloud has built up fast and just had a heavy shower. Was expecting a nice afternoon too.

I was surprised with the showers too, easy to see how elevated they were 20220304_144521.thumb.jpg.d1dc869731a4f928e99cafeaab916e75.jpg20220304_144529.thumb.jpg.b999cb757a291105839e338da3a5ab7a.jpg20220304_152247.thumb.jpg.7d7bbe656ecfd4f2c9560544b0ff1f83.jpg20220304_152428.thumb.jpg.e6034afb8bdc81418eeaf4c372566b60.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, mardatha said:

Same as yesterday here - really raw cold damp - nice to be inside knittng and eating cake.

Cake. Yes please. I'm still eating Xmas cake, no-one else here eats it so I'm slowly chewing away at it...

Oh. Weather. Not bad really, quite a good day for early March. 1829989824_WhatsAppImage2022-03-04at15_51_46.thumb.jpeg.3d21cbea3bf93a58db7b4c6acb482c5c.jpeg

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Cake. Yes please. I'm still eating Xmas cake, no-one else here eats it so I'm slowly chewing away at it...

Oh. Weather. Not bad really, quite a good day for early March. ⁷

Same in this house with Christmas cake and pudding . Just me earing them fir the rest of the winter Nice to have them both on a cold late winter day May possibly have last of parsnips from garden this weekend 

After a dull start a nice day here in afternoon cool at 6c with light wintry looking showers dotted around the Firth although skies mostly blue. Countryside looking very brown as it always does in March

Daffodils slowly peeping through the ground.

20220304_170129.jpg

20220304_170119.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Cracking day here although icy keen wind, long clear views of the snow capped higher hills and this afternoon several snow showers rolling over the tops.

B2ED7565-4F28-46AB-BF3D-3F7DE30F9E0D.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted

Been a nice few days here and there. Had a cracking day in Edinburgh, and again today, but now bitterly cold after a high of 10cPXL_20220227_163358277.thumb.jpg.c6b24a251a68aebd4b1bb789ece883a3.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

dung is what i would call it today...

• Like 2

Posted

What a morning! -2c and frosty early doors and now blue sky and sunshine! Superb! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Cheggers is that top pic a Russian jet or an eagle? Specs just not coping 

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 9

Posted

0c start with very white frost . Sunny calm  morning during which after feeding cattle I helped Mrs Northernlights to empty some pots to replant new lavender. Not a good job for the back but at least sun was warm. A bit cloudier in the afternoon but evening clear with a slight aurora to the north at 3c currently. All in all a very useable spring day with superb visibilities in the morning.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Glorious day here though some cloud built up later. A frosty start at -1.1C with blue skies all morning and the temperature then rising to 9.1C in the early afternoon.

• Like 6