Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Puffy the combined vibes of the  Kiltie Forum brought you back!!

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
7 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Bugger. Did it again. Bugger. Sorry. Sorry. Dash. Sorry. Bugger. Sorry.

Sun's out.

Just keep going, that's what keeps us going

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Overcast for much of the day before skies clearing this evening to give a very pleasant end to the day.

A few light nuisance showers in the late afternoon, dry otherwise and a high of 16c; moderate winds to start, weakening as the day progressed.

Countryside looking at its best.

even.thumb.jpg.9e48433251de8b0c0c79e1d00e2f4378.jpg

rnbw.thumb.jpg.2ecb0ded723428cb7a11561cd1ce4736.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Pretty disappointing here, cauld wind and very overcast. I've been forced to eat a lot of cake to get over the trauma. Lemon Drizzle actually.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
34 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Pretty disappointing here, cauld wind and very overcast. I've been forced to eat a lot of cake to get over the trauma. Lemon Drizzle actually.

Same here, or feels it. Except no cake yet, maybe later, and the stove may be lit.

• Like 4

Posted

Stove's on, cats in attendance. Ground's wet. I put my coat on for a trip to the Co-op. Everyone else here seems to be jetting off to sunnier climes.

No cake - rhubarb crumble though!!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Cake of the day here would have been sticky toffee pudding to match the humid, sweaty, airless heat of the day.

Light overcast but stayed dry.

Cake of the day here would have been sticky toffee pudding to match the humid, sweaty, airless heat of the day.

Light overcast but stayed dry.

• Like 9

Posted

Just wish the jetstream would clear off north and stay north for a while but no sign yet.

<gloom alert> Doesn't look like summer's going to make an appearance this year...

• Like 6

Posted

I wonder why I repeated my last post? No idea. Making up for lost time, maybe.

The clouds had breaks in them today and it doesn't feel quite as hot as yesterday so it's less muggy, which is good.

Not sure that I'm looking forward to summer if it's to be spent on the ward. However, even though it would suit me, I'm not sure we can write off a whole season when we're only two weeks into a thirteen week term.

• Like 6

Posted

Just seen on daytime TV (I know, my own fault!) that South of Scotland will be cloudy today.  If a few thin whispy bits that don't even obscure the sun count as cloudy, then so be it.  I tend towards half full and call it another glorious sunny day, which will culminate in yet another sprinkler-fest this evening.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Lovely morning here, sunshine and less of a breeze. Next week looking cool again with daytime temps at 13c is definitely not what i call summer for sure.. and considering ive only cut my lawn twice since November goes to show how poor a spring and summer it has been so far...

• Like 7

Posted

Only taken six and a half months, but finally we breach the 21c barrier for this year (21.1c to be precise).

Makes up for the cool depressing Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ on Monday and Tuesday.

Bit cloudier now, but some good spells of sunshine earlier; light winds throughout.

864016677_s1(2).thumb.jpg.66071fc9e6274f9d233bc054be5a7236.jpg

1454449388_s2(2).thumb.jpg.83e2a100fa5716da7edb45b38a752576.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

A lovely afternoon (not had that this week) shame it's not really gonna last and we not getting the heat (thankfully)! that they will get down south

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny intervals here today and feeling warm with just a light breeze. Breached the magic 20C for the first time this year with a max of 20.8C which I think is still just below the 70f.

0DD80722-1E79-457D-995C-2474762BAA93.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Appears to be a lovely evening out there, sadly I'll be spending it ferrying my 15 year old to a local chess club for his DofE. I was delighted when he said he was going to do the DofE, but now find myself taking him to Ratho for climbing on a Monday, Grangemouth for chess on a Wednesday and Callander Park for the park run on a Saturday. I'm flipping knackered with all this on top of being back in the office 3 days a week. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the sun on the drive down to Grangemouth 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
13 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

It’s difficult to compile a weather report only from what you can see through a window. More difficult yet if the blind is down. Yet that is my situation today due to the nurses trying, vainly, to reduce insolation and thereby heat build up in the ward. So, judging by what I could tell through the cracks, today was mostly sunny, dry, very warm, calm and a bit clammy. Pretty much at the far end of what I am comfortable with regarding heat.

Meanwhile, on the medical side of Ward World, it appears that my pneumothorax isn’t closing up as hoped and the suction machine is failing to cope with the volume of air requiring to be extracted from my chest cavity. The size of the hole in my lung is too big for the surgeons to safely operate to reduce the size of the hole in my lung and the medics will have to figure a way to reduce the size of the hole in my lung before the surgeons can operate to reduce the size etc etc etc. Confused? I am. Must consult Joseph Heller. Latest prognosis is that I’ll be here for weeks yet, which at least is saving me a fortune of fuel costs for home and transport.

Anyway, in totally unrelated news, I have received some information that has significantly cheered me up and given me a good reason, in addition to the attractions of the magnificent Kiltie thread, to get well and get out of here in the vaguely foreseeable future. My new persona will be that of an excited escapologist. Anyone got a diamond edged teaspoon?

Please do keep posting @Puffy MacCloud when you can in what must be a difficult time for you, you are one of the most witty posters on NW and i always nip over from the Yorkie thread to see how you and the good folks up North are fairing, take care!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Puffy, I'll come visit you and bring a sharpened teaspoon so you can dig a tunnel to the outside world.  Might take a while though. Save me a grape.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

21.4C today....which is the first time the 20C threshold has been breached in the Lomonds this year, and the first time since last September. 2nd latest 20C in my dataset:

• 2022: 15th June
  • 2021: 1st June
  • 2020: 20th May
  • 2019: 21st April
  • 2018: 6th May
  • 2017: 24th May
  • 2016: 4th June
  • 2015: 10th June
  • 2014: 17th June
  • 2013: 21st May
  • 2012: 26th March
  • 2011: 2nd June
  • Like 4

Posted

@Puffy MacCloud I can supply things like a maul, sledge hammer, splitting axe, punch bar, long-handled croppers... no power tools, you may note: too noisy for a night-time job. Might get you out quicker than a teaspoon!

It turned out to be a jolly pleasant day here, not endless sunshine but reasonably warm, just a moderate breeze and some brightness early afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

Puffy, I'll come visit you and bring a sharpened teaspoon so you can dig a tunnel to the outside world.  Might take a while though. Save me a grape.

Thank you m but I’m not big on grapes so don’t have any to offer you. What I do have is a coffee cupcake that I’d highly recommend and be willing to split with you.

• Thanks 1