Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just back from a shortish cycle run that had the sweat pouring off me. Triggered my covid cough too unfortunately.

Muggy in hazy sun at 22.6C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Should have a decent view of this shortly Screenshot_20220624-181915_Chrome.thumb.jpg.72ea2033d6cf574001d7ad592225789c.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
31 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Should have a decent view of this shortly Screenshot_20220624-181915_Chrome.thumb.jpg.72ea2033d6cf574001d7ad592225789c.jpg

Looks decent on latest radar, may the forth be with you.

• Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Looks decent on latest radar, may the forth be with you.

Direct hit Screenshot_20220624-190625_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f49b421de7ec4bbe482a7d51c272877.jpg Somehow no thundery activity in it but a beefy looking shelf cloud was setting up on the leading edge 20220624_184826.thumb.jpg.2b7fcf52c02e949498c1cdf6716c1100.jpg20220624_184730.thumb.jpg.85c39a02676aee57e7e90ddcdb1657b7.jpg20220624_184606.thumb.jpg.11b61909937fc598a0a0e8c68bdb385e.jpg20220624_184603.thumb.jpg.b03ffdef47ccf7f7ff44620f06a74fed.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Some decent downpours in Glasgow this evening.

EDIT: It nearly always bloody rains in Glasgow as you all know but this is a different, refreshing, end of summers day rain which is pleasant to listen to.

Edited by Glaswegianblizzard
  • Like 5

Posted

Third really humid day sunny breezy and currently 19c. Fine if you are washing sheds inside but not good to work in outside. Crops surging on but a bit restricted by lack of moisture.  Should be an early harvest  if weather plays ball.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Glorious but windy in Falkirk 

DSC_0516.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Thunder lightning and tropical cloudburst last night. Street turned into a brown river. Had one or two intense showers today as well, and the sun feels hot.

• Like 5

Posted

Just about avoided all the showers here today (last night was quite wet) all in all a very useable and warm day

Edited by NUT
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A mix of sunny and cloudy spells here, feeling pretty warm with occasional blustery blusters. Blistering barnacles but no thundering typhoons.

I felt the soil under the dense potato canopy and it's like slightly damp dust despite me watering every other evening. Must up my game!

• Like 5

Posted

@Kirkcaldy Weather Rumbles of thunder with the current shower passing over Pittenweem. We’ve only had 10mm of rain this month so nice to catch a shower.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
5 hours ago, mardatha said:

Thunder lightning and tropical cloudburst last night. Street turned into a brown river. Had one or two intense showers today as well, and the sun feels hot.

Don't know about any thunder or lightning but I had a tropical cloudburst and I'll raise you a helicopter landing outside the window last night.

Cooler day but dry with a stiff breeze. Much more comfortable in the low teens, temperature-wise.

Posted

Another really diagreeable day with an almost gale force southerly wind.Need it to rain to drop this wind and we may get some showers if they can cross the mountains.Currently 20c

Good we got spring barleys final fungicide spray plus trace element  done yesterday.Cutting another batch of hay  this week to see if  we can make it  rain this week.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I've just had the hose out to try and force the rain to come north. Might be working but it's clutching at straws.

• Like 2

Posted

One of the clearest warm sector's I've seen modelled in quite a whileScreenshot_20220626-183017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64a1c9c5172a87d6c5a0e028617f8aa1.jpg a-geo-weacon-dia19b.thumb.gif.461ea72d8f80462194e893b514cc6fa3.gif

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Plants are taking a battering again today in a blustery wind. Cooler than of late and certainly feeling so in the wind. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Am I right in remembering that the early 2010 mid-summers were mainly like this? 2012 sticks out but possibly 2011/13 as well? Definitely has a similar feel to it. I think late July into August tended to pick up in the main, although one of those years we got a proper big Atlantic storm in August which was quite early. 2011 maybe?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The temperature was kept down by consistent cloud cover that only let a few sunny spells through but provided several rain showers driven on by a southerly breeze that kept the ward feeling cool and comfortable today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible dull blustery day. And ongoing. Bah.

• Like 3

Posted

Very blustery day with some powerful gusts this evening shredding the leaves from the young beech tree in the garden.

No rain so sprinkler has been on for most of the day as ground very dry even with the rain that we had last week.

Kids afternoon made by a US Air force Osprey tiltrotor flying pretty low over the house.  Impressive looking machine and a change from all the bristow et al oilfield support helicopters that normally buzz the area.

• Like 6