Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

The thermometer read 21c in NE Fife this afternoon but with the wind near gale force and gusting towards 50mph it was anything but pleasant. Has died down a bit now and tomorrow looks more hopeful in terms of summery weather!

• Like 4

Posted

Only a brief bit of sun most of the day was cloudy and pretty windy but NOT cold a hint of things to come perhaps...........

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Some bright spells this afternoon and feeling warm despite the strong wind. Max here was 20.5C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Warm and mostly sunny though some clouds are bubbling up now but with winds lighter than yesterday it is feeling quite hot. Currently 22.8C. Unfortunately some nearby farmer appears to have put something rather smelly on his fields this morning so not too pleasant outside in the garden. 

• Like 4

Posted
54 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Warm and mostly sunny though some clouds are bubbling up now but with winds lighter than yesterday it is feeling quite hot. Currently 22.8C. Unfortunately some nearby farmer appears to have put something rather smelly on his fields this morning so not too pleasant outside in the garden. 

Temp has risen to 25c at Leuchars making it the warmest day of the year (there). A more modest 19c here in Pittenweem. Next few days look pretty good for us!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
7 hours ago, dryfie said:

Sun broke through in Dumfries 0905 this morning.  Distant fireworks heard a short time later.

Cracker of a day. 23c and very sunny.

Perfect summer temperatures, south of the border can keep their 30c temps next week

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Very sunny and very hot.

• Like 3

Posted

Some sunshine this morning then been cloudy this afternoon now low cloud making it’s way in this evening. This heatwave which is been talked about looks some of us will be missing out on some long days of sunshine. This time Eastern Scotland to get more in the way of sunshine and higher temperatures. Not been a washout so far this summer but it’s been rather gloomy and damp here and little in the way of days sitting out in the sun. 
After next week we will all notice the nights drawing in by quite a bit and had no summer. Also been cold at night reminding me of 2007 when we had the heating on in late June. At least that year the April and May were scorchers. This year been poor with April having a number of sunny days but no heat.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Dry and sunny with temperatures consistently in the low to mid 20s, but a bit of a cool sea breeze. Warm enough though for a dip in the sea earlier, which was surprisingly not as cold as expected. 

Oh, forgot to mention weve been in Northern Spain since Monday, an hours drive along the coast west of Santander. Heading in a more southerly direction on Saturday, if we can bear the heat. 

IMG_20220707_211032.thumb.jpg.ef7a2079ae71f42b6faeb2e0cf001b39.jpg

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Thank you @mistyqueenand @Puffy MacCloudhoping for a good trip. Had a slight panic the day before yesterday when I stepped away from laughing at Boris stuff on Twitter. I ventured into Facebook only to find out the ferry we were meant to be catching had run around the day before and sailing have been suspended. Luckily got booked on a different one so we'll be off on Monday as planned.

Has been rather hot today.

• Like 2

Posted

Wardie Bay beach, 22C said the car at 5pm. Felt like another country....

PXL_20220707_172148752.MP.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Until yesterday a naff week of weather.

Yesterday though a much warmer affair with a max of 23c; sunny start and sunny end with plenty of cloud in-between.

Seems to be a particularly bad year round here for hayfever, the sound of sneezing is rife!

Some nice cloudscapes yesterday evening

ttgk.thumb.jpg.b89f81772edf0ef725c59a802e7ee2b2.jpg

ttgh.thumb.jpg.56b6460c0f3a88cb76495c4f4c9ecbab.jpg

And the harvest season grows literally ever closer.

ttgj.thumb.jpg.4ce2eeb1cf5bf0d35689dcc480e4ff97.jpg

Apparently June was a particularly warm month, didn't feel like it!

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nice start to the day here... time for a trip out to Crathes Castle with the kids.. also doing a drive by viewing on a house in Tarland. 165m asl should do the job come winter. Lets see what happens..

Looks like a good weekend of weather to come and next week looks ok currently but as ever plenty of time for that to change.

Have a great day all..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Temperature is still up at 38.8⁰C, me not meteorology, and I've now contracted serious pneumonia in both lungs, which means every breath has to be fought for and although its only around 17⁰C outside it's roasting on the ward and I'm finding that very hard to cope with. I reckon if I survive this I'll survive anything.

• Like 4

Posted

Never rains but pours for you Puffy does it? Hope you get better soon. Has been mostly cloudy but cloud now starting to clear. A sign of things to come for the weekend I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Quick question? How does the radar show no ppn but it’s like a monsoon outside?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

A lovely sunny day, very warm indeed, almost crashed my car upon passing a petrol station some 6p a litre cheaper than anywhere else...so went and topped up..

I then decided to be very rash and put the air con on in the car...didnt last long as i saw the sudden drop in mpg display on the dash... so it was windows down just like when i was a kid.

Crathes castle was stunning indeed. 

20220708_141232.jpg

20220708_141310.jpg

20220708_141346.jpg

20220708_142310.jpg

20220708_142445.jpg

20220708_142508.jpg

20220708_142513.jpg

20220708_143345.jpg

20220708_141803.jpg

20220708_142048.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Blistering day in Lockerbie, with just a gentle breeze to keep things bearable.  Scotland forecasts poor as ever ("Scotland will miss out on the heat blah.blah").  20.7 at Esdkdalemuir suggests around 23 away from the high ground, and possibly higher in Fife.  80% of blackcurrents and redcurrants picked and ready for freezing.  Remainder will be ripe within days.  Goodeberries still hard and a week or so to ripen.  Blaeberries are copious but small at the moment.  Should I thin them out?

• Like 3

Posted

24c at Leuchars this afternoon continuing the run of pleasant summer weather in NE Fife. More like 20c here in exposed Pittenweem.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

As above, 24c a max. Gorgeous, perhaps a smidgen warmer tomorrow. 

July is turning into a cracker

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Beautiful day. 23c at Glasgow Airport I believe. Nice enough to stop me moaning even though I’m in covid jail. Hopefully get out tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

My body temperature is down to 36.2⁰C and I'm feeling far better than the fevered 37+⁰C and 38+⁰C that made breathing so difficult from Tuesday through to yesterday.

Outside we must be up to high teens or entry level 20s, clear sky, steady south-westerly breeze and no precipitation that has managed to feel warm without feeling too humid. In terms of recent experience, not a bad day at all.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
sp
  • Like 5

Posted

Cloudy start but it did clear. Crackerjack of a afternoon. Tomorrow looks a ripper from the off and maybe Monday. Don't fancy being down South next weekend IF those GFS runs verify...........

• Like 2