Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Hit 27.3C here this afternoon making it the hottest day since 2018 and beating last years high of 25.5C in mid July by almost 2C. Too hot for me trying to do a bit gardening this afternoon so gave up and had a cold drink and watched a bit of the tennis.

edit. Actually hotter than 2018 which had two days with maxes of 26.6C as my warmest of that year so not sure when was last hotter here.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6

Posted

29.3c at Leuchars this afternoon. Unusually hot for NE Fife. I think the all-time record for Leuchars is 31c.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

My visitors today were reporting car temperatures at either side of 20⁰C with sunshine, clear sky, light breeze and no precipitation. The inside temperature was higher I'm pretty sure and the nurses looked badly dehydrated. 

My pneumonia has left me with little desire to eat or drink and less than sufficient puff to successfully cough up that which I need to. Feeling weak and sweaty tonight. Oxygen saturation pathetic. Not a good day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
2 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

My visitors today were reporting car temperatures at either side of 20⁰C with sunshine, clear sky, light breeze and no precipitation. The inside temperature was higher I'm pretty sure and the nurses looked badly dehydrated. 

My pneumonia has left me with little desire to eat or drink and less than sufficient puff to successfully cough up that which I need to. Feeling weak and sweaty tonight. Oxygen saturation pathetic. Not a good day.

Hang in there…tomorrow’s another day ??. My niece has just moved to Ayrshire (Mauchline) so I need your weather insights

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
4 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Hang in there…tomorrow’s another day ??. My niece has just moved to Ayrshire (Mauchline) so I need your weather insights

Nice to be useful. One shall do one's best to hang around a while.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
8 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Nice to be useful. One shall do one's best to hang around a while.

Please do PM, you now have 2 'fans' from the Yorkshire Wolds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I expect with the cut off low being in play there very well could be thundery activity though I don't think the models will be able to pick up any features (troughs etc) possibly until the latter part of this coming week.

yes more than an eyebrow raiser that and the GFS 12z well that's +19C 850s into the forth James Earl Jones Reaction GIF  204-7UK.GIF?10-12 gfs-1-204.png?12

Worries me, I'm on duty from Thursday right thrugh until Monday morning. The wildfire risk is through the roof at the moment I foresee a busy set of shifts attending wildfires.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Lovely day yesterday and today looks like it could be even hotter.

A little bit cloudy this morning but its quickly clearing and i can see blue skies. Best get the pup out early for a walk before it gets too hot..

@Puffy MacCloud hope you feeling better this morning and able to cough up some of whats holding you back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Very warm already this morning at 22c with some thin cloud. Flies are awful. Going to wash a few machines this morning working with water is a good idea today

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Not sure I’m looking forward to a minimum of 16c and rain overnight

Gonna be an uncomfortable sleep!

• Like 2

Posted

Lot cloudier today but still warm. Got to admit looking forward to the few days of cooler weather coming up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
8 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Very warm already this morning at 22c with some thin cloud. Flies are awful. Going to wash a few machines this morning working with water is a good idea today

I thought that all the flies had got into our house yesterday! Earlier in the week went for a stroll in the Sidlaws and ended up with swarms of the bloody things following us as there was virtually no wind in the trees.
Today started with hazy sun but cloud has very slowly thickened this afternoon. Very sticky and unpleasant at 23.6C currently from a max of 25.1C. 

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 8

Posted

A maximum of 26c today and more nice hay baled up. 20220711_145906.thumb.jpg.f8cba8a99aa1cf80d5c5f94c72fffe23.jpg Mostly cloudy and we even have a few spots of rain currently.

• Like 9

Posted

The flies are also terrible here at the moment - certainly as bad as I can ever remember. 

The clegs are also out in force - 5 bites in the space of about 10 minutes with one right through my t shirt. Luckily I don't react too badly to them but still a bit itchy for a while.

• Like 4

Posted

GFS 0z for next Tuesday is the hottest forecast for Scotland I’ve ever seen. 31C in Grampian, 32C in the Central Belt and 33-34C in the south east. I doubt record breaking temperatures will materialise but it’s looking increasingly likely that Sunday-Wednesday will be the warmest spell of the summer so far. 

image.thumb.png.cc8cccf09252816269459a8e9219577b.png

Edited by A Winter's Tale
  • Like 8

Posted
2 hours ago, A Winter's Tale said:

GFS 0z for next Tuesday is the hottest forecast for Scotland I’ve ever seen. 31C in Grampian, 32C in the Central Belt and 33-34C in the south east. I doubt record breaking temperatures will materialise but it’s looking increasingly likely that Sunday-Wednesday will be the warmest spell of the summer so far. 

image.thumb.png.cc8cccf09252816269459a8e9219577b.png

If you look at the other side of it the CAPE we'd have some of the highest in Europe! I strongly suspect that won't come off but it seems to be Planet Cuckoo atm with the weather anything's possible

• Like 2

Posted

Certainly doesn't feel much cooler today - humidity must have dropped a bit though as the flies and clegs seem to cleared off for now. 

IMG_20220712_131318_489.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Been a warm few days maxing out at 24c Sun/Mon, and currently 20c - a stiff westerly wind holding temperatures down today.

Today has been the sunniest day, yesterday especially being very cloudy.

Some cloud this morning but clearing to the current blue skies.

77u.thumb.jpg.69604219cd5c45eeb87e920953488528.jpg

Normally Rosebay Willowherb is a Mid August flowering weed round here - not this year, it's already in full bloom, a good 3 to 4 weeks early...

77i.thumb.jpg.24085c3dc33a6497697ddaf79ac2c160.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Cloud just starting to clear but compared to Yesterday and Sunday it's so so much cooler lot more bearable (for now)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

It's a wee bit cooler here today, current temp is 20c and light cloud with it. Was a bit uncomfortable at the weekend at night but improved a great deal last night. Glad I live in Auld Scotia. Next week's temps look totally brutal for those living south of the border. Looks like we'll hit a max of 21c here Monday/Tuesday which is as hot as I can take it. I forsee the electric fan coming into play early next week. 

• Like 6

Posted

A cooler, breezy and fresher morning here but since lunch the sun has been out and it is up to 22.9C now but without the humidity. Very pleasant indeed.

82B83DA3-11C8-40E4-A442-882FF4EE846A.jpeg

• Like 6