Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
44 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

A another beautiful morning again. Blue sky, the suns out and currently 0°c. 

another fresh dusting of snow has covered the road and grass. Day 5 of laying snow 🤪

On the coast, thats rather remarkable in cold dark winter days let alone spring with all it warm sunshine and longer days..😂😂

• Like 6

Posted

Looking at the charts then Sunday into Monday looking like a potential rain to snow event in some areas as the front starts moving south again. Shown most clearly on GFS but also the possibility on ECF. Also mentioned in the lastest Met outlook.

Have zero interest in a slushy mess but colder air and snow showers potentially following on behind for midweek 👍

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Great photo's everyone...Scotland truly is a beautiful place but when covered in snow its absolutely stunning.

Here we go again with the snow forecast...its all over the place the Beeb Met-Office and WX Charts are far from agreeing on anything, will we get a decent covering or won't we, then Monday on the Beeb the rain lashes in, but WX Charts shows a snow event on Monday followed by a rash of wintry showers..???

When I wake up tomorrow morning and its white...happy days.

Could contain: Text, Symbol, Number

Could contain: Text, Symbol

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Purple, Person, Outdoors, Nature, Map, Plant, Vegetation

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Purple, Outdoors, Nature, Map

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Purple, Outdoors, Nature, Map

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Purple, Map, Vegetation, Person, Outdoors, Nature, Face, Atlas

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
9 hours ago, Snowandrocks said:

I mostly drive a Hilux with 16 inch steel wheels, 70 profile tyres and suspension that is perfectly capable of dealing with rural Mongolia yet even major roads across both Edinburgh and Highland are often wince inducing. 

Aberdeenshire Council seem perfectly capable of keeping on top of things - our dead end single track road that only leads to a farm and 3 houses is ploughed daily and has the odd pothole repaired quite promptly. I've no idea why other councils make such a hash of it. 

Something to do with budgets and how the councillors choose to prioritise services. Personally I'd rather they tried to keep the schools staffed and maintained, but hey, if wheels and tyres are higher on your list than children's education, that's fine too.

• Like 4

Posted

Met still going with high ground event tonight but automated forecast showing light snow showers on and off…

looking ahead looks like a lot of snow chances again this week 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all.   Another lovely one too.   Think cloud starting to build from southwest though.   Current  temp 5.5c DP   -1.4c.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Scenery, Cumulus, Weather, Countryside, Landscape, Rural

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I know that XC weather can be a bit of a joke, but 2 days out its generally not too far off. I just don't quite buy this though, I think it'll be mainly rain into Monday. If its correct though I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Could contain: Text, Adult, Male, Man, Person

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

It looks like we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Out and about today and it didn't feel cold actually in the sunshine it was very pleasent, the motor temp was reading +9deg/C so after sunset the temperature will have to nose dive if we are to see any snow falling never mind lying.

The current conditions here...

Air temp +6.9deg/C

Ground temp +6.3deg/C

Cloud temp (high level cloud) -22.5deg/C

I would very much like to be proven wrong though..!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Certainly clouding over now.  Has that weird heavy look about it especially looking east.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Fog, Cloud, Car, Transportation, Vehicle

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
24 minutes ago, blitzen said:

Certainly clouding over now.  Has that weird heavy look about it especially looking east.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Fog, Cloud, Car, Transportation, Vehicle

Lol. That usually means rain.

• Like 3

Posted

Some pretty mild air coming in from the west with that front, 6c when I just drove thro Central Glasgow with some spots of rain. 3c here with the precip inching closer, I'd guess sleet with a chance of snow in heavier bursts. Plenty of gritters out and about tho... 

• Like 8

Posted
3 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

It’s started snowing here 😃

Same. The reverse psychology worked 😁

• Like 8

Posted

Light snow lying on grass and untreated surfaces.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1