Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Good agreement with my outlook for tonight and I'd say ignore those high temps of 23 around Glasgow / the Clyde having a look at wundermap there's already temperatures between 20-22 there at the min and we're not even at 1pm and there will be much much more coverage in thunderstorm activity than their maps show throughout Sunday + Monday pretty unbelievable they are describing it as showers, with mega instability present anything that kicks off ain't gonna be a shower let me assure you 😆

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently 21.9C here, which is a high for here this year so far as measured by the weather station just up the road a bit. Decent southerly breeze keeping it feeling not too bad. Reckon we've taken 60-80lbs of honey off the beehives this morning, will know more once we've extracted it. Likely to be around the top end of our normal haul for early June.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Quite breezy but still sunny and up to about 22C here, looks like a few places in the central belt could pass 25C next week. If there's no hot spell in July it might be the warmest week of the year.

• Like 2

Posted

Yet another beautiful sunny day here but chillier due to the easterly breeze. Only 17c but quite honestly it'll do me fine. Sunshine wins, heat is over rated 😜

• Like 3

Posted

Well it's already over performing 😳🥵 

• Like 5

Posted

A beautiful day, I headed out to Leith Hall Gardens where it was  lovely and warm under blue skies with an occasional breeze.

Edited by howham
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Well it's already over performing 😳🥵 

Toastie! It's warm here but with a slight breeze. Need to get a weather station... But I would estimate mid 20's at least, it was 20c by 10am!

Some Acas beginning to move in now showing some instability. Great post about the storms @Kirkcaldy WeatherWeather.  Noticed there is a heavy shower forming down near @SW Saltire already! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I'am not usually a summer poster unless we have big thunder storms but I find it Incredible that we are seeing winter weather patterns in summer, that past few weeks have been very nice but much cooler than usual, if the current pattern is anything to go by if this was Jan - Feb then we would have quite a bit of snow lying and bitterly cold along with it.

I've been looking on the net for some loony wailing on about climate change the cause of this but I wouldn't be surprised if its a lingering effect from the last SSW.

• Like 3

Posted

Flaming June Slightly hazy sun beating on some very brown down  on domestic grasses . Currently 22c

Aurora Storm  home for the weekend says it reminds her of early August after a hot dry July. Every plant is wilting in spite of much  higher humidity this afternoon .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
1 hour ago, Ross B said:

Toastie! It's warm here but with a slight breeze. Need to get a weather station... But I would estimate mid 20's at least, it was 20c by 10am!

Some Acas beginning to move in now showing some instability. Great post about the storms @Kirkcaldy WeatherWeather.  Noticed there is a heavy shower forming down near @SW Saltire already! 

I’m just coming back from Carlisle so can’t see this shower yet. I think it may miss to my West.

Hottest day of the year by miles today. Was at Cumberland show, car reading 30c currently.

Back home over the border it’s currently 29.2c. Bring on the thunderstorms!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

and-so-it-x3x63b.jpg 😈

Screenshot-20230610-162958-Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Maxed out at 23. 8C around 15:30, so blown away the previous warmest day so far this year by 3C or thereabouts. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Clouds building up over the Firth of Clyde here and getting thicker. Shame for the folk out at the beach earlier. Was very localised at first with sunshine still evident in Dunoon and Helensburgh, but only the latter now.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Flaming June Slightly hazy sun beating on some very brown down  on domestic grasses . Currently 22c

Aurora Storm  home for the weekend says it reminds her of early August after a hot dry July. Every plant is wilting in spite of much  higher humidity this afternoon .

Climbed to 25c after   I   posted this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Clouds building up over the Firth of Clyde here and getting thicker. Shame for the folk out at the beach earlier. Was very localised at first with sunshine still evident in Dunoon and Helensburgh, but only the latter now.

That storm over Sanquhar is heading Glasgow direction, I'm not in so it's guaranteed 🤣

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Easily the best day of the week here as the sun was out albeit hazy and the haar isn’t far away. Good timing as we were out on the Isle of May. Puffins put on a great show. Can’t have been more than 12c on the island. Max of 16c back in Pittenweem.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 9

Posted

Weather station hit 29.1. Car was also showing 29. Heaviest bit just missed us. I’m in two minds with this one, I want it to happen but rather it didn’t for our dog. She has developed a fear of loud noises since someone was using an air cannon on a nearby farm to disperse birds. Lightning ain’t gonna go down well with her. 
EC721E8E-F983-47B8-B44E-664DFBAD8DBE.thumb.jpeg.300784afbf63448efdcc5bff790909ec.jpeg
Daughter took pic from over my shoulder in case any feds are on here. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Kayemill said:

Weather station hit 29.1. Car was also showing 29. Heaviest bit just missed us. I’m in two minds with this one, I want it to happen but rather it didn’t for our dog. She has developed a fear of loud noises since someone was using an air cannon on a nearby farm to disperse birds. Lightning ain’t gonna go down well with her. 
EC721E8E-F983-47B8-B44E-664DFBAD8DBE.thumb.jpeg.300784afbf63448efdcc5bff790909ec.jpeg
Daughter took pic from over my shoulder in case any feds are on here. 

Yeah I'm in Kilmarnock, that storm started forming to our south East, died off as it passed over us and then intensified. It now looks like a pretty strong storm over Kilbirnie way

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

For the first time in absolute ages so it seems we have rain shocker! 😮

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

and-so-it-x3x63b.jpg 😈

Screenshot-20230610-162958-Chrome.jpg

Confused!  What radar is this?  The Netweather doesn’t have that Solway echo, or the one mentioned at Sanquhar.  I’m further east, but nothing but blue sky to the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Have been AWOL for a while, not usually a summer poster anyway. Feeling very warm and humid here in Falkirk. Has been an amazing couple of months weather wise and I've managed to wobble my way up 9 Munros since early April plus Ben Ledi and Snowdon (or Yr Wyddfa to give it its correct name) not bad for a fat bird in her (early) 50s. Keeping my eye on the radar, i like a bit of thunder. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

This doesn't look good 

_130055838_daviotpeterjolly.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Fire crews are tackling a blaze at Daviot, south of Inverness, on the hottest day of the year.

44 minutes ago, dryfie said:

Confused!  What radar is this?  The Netweather doesn’t have that Solway echo, or the one mentioned at Sanquhar.  I’m further east, but nothing but blue sky to the east.

Netweather radar. The showers have all gone north  of the Central Belt now, apart from a new storm moving into the castle Douglas area. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
1 hour ago, dryfie said:

Yes as mentioned by @Ross B the basic Netweather radar from 4:20 this afternoon.

These cams are gonna be perfect in the next half hour I'd say especially Oban as that cell looks borderline severe with the lightning and rainfall rates 😀

Screenshot-20230610-205911-Chrome.jpg

WWW.CAMSECURE.CO.UK

Live streaming PTZ webcam from beautiful Oban Bay in Argyll, Scotland UK. Watch as the camera pans around the Bay and Harbour zooming in to points of interest.
mccaigs-tower.jpeg?anchor=center&mode=cr
WWW.OBAN.ORG.UK

Oban's north pier webcam is situated gives views around the bay including the Cathedral, Oban Esplanade, Oban Times Pier and the Calmac Ferry Terminal.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/scotland/highland/fort-william-loch-linnhe-west-end-cam.html

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Yes as mentioned by @Ross B the basic Netweather radar from 4:20 this afternoon.

These cams are gonna be perfect in the next half hour I'd say especially Oban as that cell looks borderline severe with the lightning and rainfall rates 😀

Screenshot-20230610-205911-Chrome.jpg

WWW.CAMSECURE.CO.UK

Live streaming PTZ webcam from beautiful Oban Bay in Argyll, Scotland UK. Watch as the camera pans around the Bay and Harbour zooming in to points of interest.
mccaigs-tower.jpeg?anchor=center&mode=cr
WWW.OBAN.ORG.UK

Oban's north pier webcam is situated gives views around the bay including the Cathedral, Oban Esplanade, Oban Times Pier and the Calmac Ferry Terminal.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/scotland/highland/fort-william-loch-linnhe-west-end-cam.html

Huge bolt on the Fort william cam a sec ago 😁

Screenshot-20230610-223537-Chrome.jpg Screenshot-20230610-223602-Chrome.jpg

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1