Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Few spots of rain about all afternoon but not even visible on the ground. Horribly humid. 19c and not seen the sun since early morning! 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

9 consecutive days above 20c and counting, not too unusual during mid summer but it doesn't happen too often in early June.

• Like 5

Posted

Late evening job tonight without the heat and sun 

Could contain:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

A torrential downpour formed over us at 6am which woke me up and brought some welcome rain. Not sure what's going to happen today, another chance of storms then the chance of some more prolonged rain overnight which would be good! 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted

Lovely day here yesterday and the sun has broken through this morning. Tomorrow morning looks a bit wet!

Edited by howham
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, we did have a tiny drop of rain yesterday and the occasional rumble of thunder but today we're back to very warm and humid. Hoping we get some rain later on even just to clear the air and make life a wee bit more comfortable, especially at night! 🌧️🤞

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Hazy sun here this morning and feeling warm at 20C.

Had a wee run up to the Angus Glens yesterday and included a walk to Reekie Linn. Made me realise that I have definitely lost the head for heights that I had when younger.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Yellow warning of rain out for Monday morning for most of us. ECM and GFS both currently saying over 20mm for here between midnight and noon. Ground will welcome it, if it doesn't just all run straight off. 

Currently a sunny 22C here, which is the high for the day so far. Bit more of a breeze today so feeling very pleasant. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I discussed the severity of tonight in this post yesterday 

Very strong text going alongside the warnings I'm not sure I can ever recall them discussing 80mm having the chance of falling within such a short timeframe 

Issued: 10:07 (UTC+1) on Sun 18 Jun 2023

'A large area of heavy rain will continue northwards across northern England and Scotland during Monday, clearing from the south as the morning progresses. Whilst isolated thunder is possible at first, heavy rain is likely to be the main hazard with 15-25 mm falling widely in 3 hours and 40-60 mm possible in a few places. One or two locations could see 80 mm or more but this is a very low likelihood for any given spot. Some flooding and disruption is possible as a result.'

Baring in mind I recorded over 90mm in 12 hours with August 2020 we're looking at a good probability of half those amounts in about half the time of that night so possibly just as severe, there is a consistent zone of extreme rainfall rates per hour that will likely be somewhere through Eastern Fife with Myself, @ghoneym @Hawesy @Benvironment  in prime spots with this 

animeft2.thumb.gif.f259527b7170c56d54e92baa6151ca10.gifnmm_uk1-1-21-0.thumb.png.95716b6d1483fb251d65cbe607693ad9.png

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Posted

Still bone dry here despite this undulating sky yesterday early afternoon.

Could contain:

Warm by the Tweed in Peebles today, such a lovely sight with picnicers, folk paddling and a perfect breeze.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Is this finally going to be it?  Week upon week without measurable rain, and now radar suggests it has reached  ‘fechen and moving north.  Mind you, the radar has been deceitful recently, so we’ll see.  Haven’t sprinkled this evening (tmi).

• Like 1

Posted

Off we go then 😏Screenshot_20230618_184607_Chrome.thumb.jpg.35f39f6a37ad4bea991c461e2a60d5b7.jpg should head in my direction shortly 

• Like 5

Posted

⚠️LATEST MODEL DATA ⚠️

An Amber warning will be likely if this is even slightly close surely, really not common seeing such high hourly rainfall rates 

animjbg6.thumb.gif.6b1e7fdf2ac43bbf3323c251186275fe.gifnmmuk-1-14-0.thumb.png.fe37d03657393e92d33ad0c42676ffef.png

3>5am looks insane Fife,Stirling perhaps Livi Falkirk areas around there too 😳💣

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Posted

Wind's rising the cloud's really got up. Finally at one point we gonna get a decent dollop of rain

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

⚠️LATEST MODEL DATA ⚠️

An Amber warning will be likely if this is even slightly close surely, really not common seeing such high hourly rainfall rates 

animjbg6.thumb.gif.6b1e7fdf2ac43bbf3323c251186275fe.gifnmmuk-1-14-0.thumb.png.fe37d03657393e92d33ad0c42676ffef.png

3>5am looks insane Fife,Stirling perhaps Livi Falkirk areas around there too 😳💣

That should help with the river levels... 🤣

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

A very humid max of 24.1c, quite a bit of sunshine today.

However far more importantly, within the last 5 minutes, the rain has ARRIVED! Unsure how much we’ll get but I pray it’s a lot.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

One word - petrichor.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I seen a post on Facebook earlier saying the water around the Uk have the warmest temp difference in the world +5oc on average sorry I don’t have the info but found it really interesting and wonder if that could effect our weather 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

It most likely will Aggy! image.thumb.png.1b37aaac654b835c023ae82570691751.png

• Like 5

Posted

First flash of lighting and a big rumble of thunder here. Seemed to come from SE of here, over the other side of the Pentlands. Looks about right on the storm tracker ⚡⚡

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1