Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Another very usable day with plenty of sunshine early on before clouding over a bit. 

Pretty heavy shower shower overhead now - water spilling over out over the gutters and a stream now running down the track. Almost flat calm too so might be here for a while!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny spells today after last nights showers and feeling much warmer in the sun than the max of just under21C. A warm light SE breeze.

Could contain:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

HOLY F 😳 

20230814-210245.jpg

Wonder if it was the same cloud formation as you could see here around c.9pm, looking SSE.  Very pretty in the setting sun.

image.thumb.png.36c095e3135483a639f21c6c103cc95a.png

image.thumb.png.56fc3e3d4a9a55e56e91855cb08271fb.png

image.thumb.png.c5b71a73f9a111260fc9992e0f3437d0.png

Another very benign day temperature wise, max of 20c again with calm conditions and decent amount of sunshine.

Very impressive line of showers built up towards the N and NW mid afternoon, really surprised no flash/bang action from them.  Intriguing how they basically never moved at all, dying away quickly after 6pm to leave a lovely evening...

image.thumb.png.a124b9d610a1fc3f300df44242612a4f.png

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Some very impressive clouds yesterday inland over the mountains while coast stayed mostly sunny. Odd heavy shower here as they grazed past us. Miserable today overcast and occasional drizzle at 16c20230814_145150.thumb.jpg.f476121c05909f7cafc63a5b4265b1d3.jpg20230814_145159.thumb.jpg.4a6baa3963c6e8adac4f71f88bea1cd1.jpg20230814_145212.thumb.jpg.5761253419aee490b0ce753c45c66e29.jpg20230814_145222.thumb.jpg.07e45ae890d812564cb7895b3157abe3.jpg20230814_190634.thumb.jpg.555f4a10c189481ef0401624f12c4d7e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny spells this morning but cloud building now.  Still warm at 22.1C

Could contain:

• Like 6

Posted

Could Friday night be one to watch storm wise? We shall see i guess cloudy here although it has tried to brighten just not managed it warm tho 

• Like 4

Posted

No points for the weather apps today, the forecast dry weather this afternoon is nowhere to be seen.  Instead steady heavy drizzle soaking everything.  Calm conditions, overcast and 16.2c currently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yet another travel program on BBC Scotland (very welcome as they are generally good) and yet again the weather is brilliant, with blue skies and cracking visibility.  This is the same for every rambling/walking/climbing/cooking/farming prog we are presented with.  Are the production companies very lucky, or do they have access to better forecasts than the rest of us?

• Like 4

Posted

Mostly cloudy but also mostly dry here today. Max of 19C. Daughter was up Driesh and Mayar in Angus today but mostly in cloud with altitude. Did get a lot of midge bites coming down which I think is fairly unusual that far East. Been up there myself and was unaware of any midges but it was a bit cooler that day.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 15/08/2023 at 12:44, NUT said:

Could Friday night be one to watch storm wise? We shall see i guess cloudy here although it has tried to brighten just not managed it warm tho 

Saturday early doors looks a tad wet.....

Could contain:

• Like 4

Posted

tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGQL.html

The hourly reports from Leuchars sum it up, grey and cool with an onshore easterly. Looks better here early next week as winds swing around to the west.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Mix of sun and cloud more cloud tho despite it being warm breeze making it not too bad and once this rain goes through tomorrow night/Saturday maybe not looking too bad could be worse 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Rain warning for tomorrow morning areas north of central belt and the southern uplands 

Edited by Dundeeguy
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Feeling very cool in NE Fife under grey skies and with a keen wind. 15c. Bring on the westerlies! 

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Feeling very cool in NE Fife under grey skies and with a keen wind. 15c. Bring on the westerlies! 

Similar here. Cool and cloudy with a fresh Easterly. My brother is over in Lewis (as I should have been) at a family do and has had great weather as I suppose you would expect in an Easterly wind. He also managed a trip out to St Kilda in fair weather and calm seas. I suspect that the same trip would be a bit different in a couple of days time! Also snapped the new ferry in action.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Similar here. Cool and cloudy with a fresh Easterly. My brother is over in Lewis (as I should have been) at a family do and has had great weather as I suppose you would expect in an Easterly wind. He also managed a trip out to St Kilda in fair weather and calm seas. I suspect that the same trip would be a bit different in a couple of days time! Also snapped the new ferry in action.

Nice. Definitely the place to be today. Was over a couple of years ago and loved it. Meanwhile it’s got worse here. Thick drizzle is on. Feels like October! 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Nice. Definitely the place to be today. Was over a couple of years ago and loved it. Meanwhile it’s got worse here. Thick drizzle is on. Feels like October! 

Yes, just after I posted the drizzly rain came on here too and is still going now.

• Like 5

Posted

Received about 7mm from the overnight rain. More like 20mm or slightly more for western Fife. Humid air, dew points were up to 17c.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Felt warm in the sun this afternoon when doing a bit weeding with a max of 21.5C. One sharp shower at lunchtime but otherwise dry. My daughter and her partner were camping up by Loch Rannoch this weekend and after a wet Friday night had a generally good weekend weather-wise. Her photos from Loch Rannoch and Loch Tay.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 8

Posted

Very useable day with a max of 20c, steady SW breeze and some reasonable (if a bit hazy) sunny spells.

Interesting range of cloud types this evening, particularly taken by the high altitude ones with their very subtle wavy structure.

rrgt.thumb.jpg.32bde0eec49dbd49d0d9be48b8e14a05.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Skies are clearing sun's out now but that "DRIZZLE" really wasn't drizzle actually thumped down with rain for a bit

• Like 3

Posted

About 10 minutes ago, had the oddest gust of wind in Edinburgh. Only lasted a few seconds, but totally rattled the double glazing and blew some stuff off the wall in a room with an open window.

• Like 2