Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A foggy start here with not a breath of wind. Overnight temp dropped to 4C. But all change as the day progresses with the wind picking up and turning gusty this evening as an active front moves through.

Wind gusts 05.00: 883098956_GFSgusts30Sept2205_00.thumb.GIF.91e0cc795f89678a79445c8e9cb311ad.GIF 20.00: 653298347_GFSgusts30Sept2220_00.thumb.GIF.4b460f799eee765e0fae691f1e4eaec9.GIF

Rain band 20.00: 1621647558_GFSprecip30Sept20_00.thumb.GIF.de764fcd08259a6423f5c77a96b8dfd9.GIF

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Feels like autumn is definitely here now, waking up to fog on the last day of September. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely cold sunny start at just above 5c, wind and rain not far away though, an interesting day weather wise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Lovely cold sunny start at just above 5c, wind and rain not far away though, an interesting day weather wise!

Yes but lets hope we get more than 5-10 mm here in the se though according to the BBC.

Screenshot_20220930-104557_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1b084a49b20ea2608925f61b7c0b10a9.jpg

I thought we were in line for at least 25mm!..given the longer term prospects this latest autumnal rain is so necessary...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, minus10 said:

Yes but lets hope we get more than 5-10 mm here in the se though according to the BBC.

Screenshot_20220930-104557_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1b084a49b20ea2608925f61b7c0b10a9.jpg

I thought we were in line for at least 25mm!..given the longer term prospects this latest autumnal rain is so necessary...

Like you I'm hoping for a proper soaker! And the first proper gales of the season too.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Like you I'm hoping for a proper soaker! And the first proper gales of the season too.

Me too! I've bought a nice bottle of red to enjoy with the weather I hope we get this evening. Cosy. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just got my daughter home before the rain came. Quite windy.

Daughter is ill, spent best part of the day coughing in sick bay but they wouldn't allow her home.

Don't understand. shes not learning in sick bay sucking cough sweets, so why not allow her to get better at home?

Posted

Radar showing quite an extensive area of rain at 15.00, wedged between the leading warm front and the cold front. Several hi-res models going for somewhere between 10mm and 20mm for most.

15.00: 468663870_Radar30Sept15_00.thumb.jpg.e758174163f29448d60b3d6263f4fc29.jpg Fax chart showing fronts at mid-day: 153226430_Faxchart30Sept12_00.thumb.jpg.dc437070011a6010d2d2ff1527cd884a.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Trainspotting for an hour today, witnessed 3 high speed trains, even went within about 50 metres of one (other side of the fencing) and got to feel the awesome power of them compared to the normal trains as they vibrated the ground. Also got to hear quite a few broken down announcements as well. It's great to have my bus go through an important train station's car park area so that I can train spot whenever I want to.

20220930_175455759.thumb.jpg.a3a03b0d08ace38340b3de774ea029fb.jpg

20220930_175612815.thumb.jpg.453dedcec4d5a80eeba8c46836290e2c.jpg

20220930_175836233.thumb.jpg.cda7e8eb3691ca63c1cbdca01f3db99b.jpg

My attempt at the high speed train (that blur at the bottom).

20220930_180059462.thumb.jpg.35010666c7f77c1aa2e6b0876b64ad8b.jpg

It rained all throughout but I don't think I ever went under cover for more than 5 minutes at the time.

Then did a bit of car photography with the rain but made it very aesthetic.

20220930_181225530.thumb.jpg.588e958ec31d835b9b706ab2f1e7b544.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So September draws to a close, probably the most disappointing September for a few years for Norfolk…I was expecting this due to a very unexpected good August .However the first 5days was still summery. Its  been rather chilly and cloudy especially the last 2weeks, can’t believe how quickly my house has cooled in this time…Even had to flick the switch this evening for my sins. Came home from work and was 16c in the house. Last couple of years been middle October.

Let’s see how the rest of the year pans out…

• Like 3

Posted

Yesterday's rainfall totals as calculated by the hi-res radar network. On the scale, above 16+ mm would be yellow, so it doesn't look as if anywhere had more than that. Maybe around 6mm to 12mm for most?

913152716_HighResRadarRainfalltotal30Sept22.thumb.png.4b5840ebf939eba023f3db5d3ba459ed.png

Source: Netweather Extra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Was a lovely cosy evening, texting friends and listening to the rain and wind against the window.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well had 15 mm rain last night so not bad...hopefully some more tomorrow although could be too far south for here then maybe again in the week...every drop counts now...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I've just got the garden ready for winter, and polished off my snow boots, snow shovel, snow socks, snow jacket, and huskies, now it's just a waiting game.👀

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I've just got the garden ready for winter, and polished off my snow boots, snow shovel, snow socks, snow jacket, and huskies, now it's just a waiting game.👀

Already had the fog💪

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

😵

Drew a blank here today

It is so nice and Autumny . After 40c I'm never going to moan about fog/rain/wind ever again. But ya, we had some fog. I would normally fish out my cardies for 9c but hell no. Feeling that coolness is heaven.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 01/10/2022 at 11:08, lassie23 said:

Cor ...im thinking could be all un- used by February, maybe March if lucky or unlucky depends which way you see it or don't...but lovely sunset last night ,and someone's  nicked half the moon tonight  right in front of our eyes 😞

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
23 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Cor ...im thinking could be all un- used by February, maybe March if lucky or unlucky depends which way you see it or don't...but lovely sunset last night ,and someone's  nicked half the moon tonight  right in front of our eyes 😞

Could contain:

Could contain:

Probably the same thieves who nick our snow every winter.😧

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Probably the same thieves who nick our snow every winter.😧

I blame remoaners!😁

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

I blame remoaners!😁

Heatwaves we have had  ,but we need a witch on the 31st ..to give us a cold spell 🙂

Posted
On 01/10/2022 at 20:47, Stroudley said:

86.6mm our rainfall total for September. That's the wettest month for us since last October...

Yes, Sussex did well for rain. But it was a mixed picture across the Region in September, with southern counties doing far better than some counties in East Anglia that saw a continuation of below average rainfall. I've posted the charts and explanation over in the Stats thread.

As for the first full week of October? This morning's GFS says "no" to any meaningful rain in the Region over the next 5 days, whilst giving a 7 inches (170mm) soaking to Scotland's western highlands. The cumulative rainfall animation over the week tells the story:

animmcn6.gif

Source: https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/royaume-uni/accumulation-precipitations/3h.htm

• Like 4

Posted

After putting it off putting it off, i went to register at the new dentist in the village.  I  need stuff done, and i am the worst person at the dentist. lady on the desk could barely hear me because i was so nervous even being in the building. At least this one seemed quite calm inside and the lady nice. Oh and it didn't smell like the dentist either. My old dentist smelt like toothpaste and mouthwash.  The prices are eye watering. 75 just for the first visit alone.

So nervous , it wasn't until we were heading home that i noticed what a nice day it is, quite cool and sunny. 

wish me luck at 12:30 tomorrow. 

• Like 1