Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

With the mild biased met office talking of a white Christmas, surley its more possible than ever before?

I have never known them to mention snow at Christmas before?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
12 hours ago, MAF said:

Just had a lovely hot (a splash of chilli sauce on top) Shepards Pie..... the Shepard was not happy 🤣

Surely at this time of year the shepherds should be washing their socks at night 🥺

Posted
11 hours ago, Floatylight said:

With the mild biased met office talking of a white Christmas, surley its more possible than ever before?

I have never known them to mention snow at Christmas before?

Would be a dream come true as long as my family are here before we get snowed in ⛄

So what are the odds ? not that I’m likely to have a flutter or a flurry for that matter ! 

It was frosty last light but by this morning it’s just another damp dull December day that’s only fit for watching Christmas movies and gift wrapping so that’s what I’ll be doing, was supposed to be going to Stratford upon Avon Christmas market but feeling under the weather in more ways than one ! 

Posted
53 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Would be a dream come true as long as my family are here before we get snowed in ⛄

So what are the odds ? not that I’m likely to have a flutter or a flurry for that matter ! 

It was frosty last light but by this morning it’s just another damp dull December day that’s only fit for watching Christmas movies and gift wrapping so that’s what I’ll be doing, was supposed to be going to Stratford upon Avon Christmas market but feeling under the weather in more ways than one ! 

Don't forget to wrap my one up 😉 😛

Hope you feel better soon 😄 

• Like 1

Posted

Well it’s 13 years since the UK had the best winter I can remember- I’m not sure we will ever see such conditions again or if we do I’ll still be young enough to get out and enjoy it ⛄

This was a photo I took in the deer park on 7/12/20 during the big freeze 🥶 

IMG_8706.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Holy heck, a terrifically loud clap of thunder about an hour ago seemingly heard for miles from Maidenhead to Wycombe!!!

Social media across several different Facebook group all had posts asking where the explosion was. Some people though it was another Buncefield.

Only one unremarkable flash seen by my partner near Marlow but not me in Wycome, I just heard what sounded like an enormous crash.

What on earth made it so loud I wonder! Strike looks like it was a good 5 miles away near Cookham, Berks.

Exciting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
10 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

8/1 atm x

Just now, Floatylight said:

8/1 atm x

Hope you feel better soon x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Emz by the Thames said:

Holy heck, a terrifically loud clap of thunder about an hour ago seemingly heard for miles from Maidenhead to Wycombe!!!

Social media across several different Facebook group all had posts asking where the explosion was. Some people though it was another Buncefield.

Only one unremarkable flash seen by my partner near Marlow but not me in Wycome, I just heard what sounded like an enormous crash.

What on earth made it so loud I wonder! Strike looks like it was a good 5 miles away near Cookham, Berks.

Exciting.

Probably positive cloud to ground. May have hit something, often makes it sound louder.

I'll whisper it quietly as it goes against the forum hive mind, but I'll take this weather all winter long if we aren't going to get any proper heavy lying snow (obviously from a IMBY perspective) 10c and Sunny. Sunshine, light jacket to go for a walk and the heating off.

As Dell would say, lovely jubbly! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

11c and blue skies here, actually rather pleasant! 👍 from me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
5 hours ago, Uxbridge90 said:

I'll whisper it quietly as it goes against the forum hive mind, but I'll take this weather all winter long if we aren't going to get any proper heavy lying snow (obviously from a IMBY perspective) 10c and Sunny. Sunshine, light jacket to go for a walk and the heating off.

As Dell would say, lovely jubbly! 

Agree completely with this. And indeed perfect walking weather. A clear sunny day makes you feel good too. At least I find it does for me

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Locking this thread now. Here's the link to the new thread: