Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Definitely a period of boo weather this week and the weekend. Few lows to deal with. Hopefully something more akin to seasonal will be on offer mid month onwards. Fingers crossed we all will see and hear hints of this come the end of the week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I've been pulling an all-nighter lamppost watching with the hope of seeing some magical drizzle, but alas no luck......good night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
48 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've been pulling an all-nighter lamppost watching with the hope of seeing some magical drizzle, but alas no luck......good night.

Lol, I just can't sleep, not even got my curtains open. Knowing my luck, I'll get up in the morning and somehow there'll be a covering, I could have watched falling.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Miserable day out there.Wasnt light till about 7.45 this morning and one of those days where it is just not going to get properly light.Times like this where I feel SAD and just want to hibernate.Be great to see the sun again after 3 miserable days here.Currently 6 degrees and just feels raw☹️

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Miserable day out there.Wasnt light till about 7.45 this morning and one of those days where it is just not going to get properly light.Times like this where I feel SAD and just want to hibernate.Be great to see the sun again after 3 miserable days here.Currently 6 degrees and just feels raw☹️

Be summer soon lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Haven't seen outside for over 20 hours (admitted to hospital.. could be out today, could be here for 5 more days) but radar looks yuck. Quite glad I can't venture out to be fair, although reasons why suck!

Not a lot of promise reading the mod thread either it seems but that's OK. Gives those avid model watchers a rest from the fatigue and can start fresh in a week or so.

I have heard chatter that around Christmas and NY could be the next chase?

Posted
3 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

Haven't seen outside for over 20 hours (admitted to hospital.. could be out today, could be here for 5 more days) but radar looks yuck. Quite glad I can't venture out to be fair, although reasons why suck!

Not a lot of promise reading the mod thread either it seems but that's OK. Gives those avid model watchers a rest from the fatigue and can start fresh in a week or so.

Get better soon! It's been a cold, damp and rainy few days. Let's hope the background drivers deliver for later in December ☃️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The models keep playing with the idea of building a block in the Atlantic around the 19th of December, will they drop it or continue the trend, we shall see. As for chasing cold spells, I have never understood the fascination of chasing something that fails to materialize 90 percent of the time lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

MAD thread holding their hopes on the updated EC46 for January (failed before and will do so again) and EC 2-4 week (also has been inaccurate at a shorter timeframe)...latest ECM dets going down the pan if you're a coldie and hopes for a white Xmas which is a laugh in itself 🙂

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I have never understood the fascination of chasing something that fails to materialize 90 percent of the time lol

Yes that has occurred to me as well, I swear it's more about the winter chase than the actual occurrence of the white stuff (bit like chasing your dream girl only to know you're going to crash and burn) and are probably still behind their PC's when it's kicking off outside.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

MAD thread holding their hopes on the updated EC46 for January (failed before and will do so again) and EC 2-4 week (also has been inaccurate at a shorter timeframe)...latest ECM dets going down the pan if you're a coldie and hopes for a white Xmas which is a laugh in itself 🙂

It's beginning to remind me of last winter which was sheet lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And the winter before that and before that and before that. . . image.thumb.png.bee497314fda91146347bbd000ac9ee0.png

• Like 3

Posted
12 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

You stay in the warm even if it's not where you choose to be, fingers crossed that you escape 'HMS Prison ' soon. 

• Like 1

Posted

OutsideTempHistory.thumb.gif.203d9b219b34502e6b08ce6d4b070e08.gif

Graph shows nicely how the temperature has fallen off a cliff during the last couple of hours. It leaves us with a current temp fast heading for zero 

Temperature   1.1°C

Will we make it? I see it hasn't rained since approx 18:00 which is promising 👍

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
4 hours ago, ChillyJuju said:

You stay in the warm even if it's not where you choose to be, fingers crossed that you escape 'HMS Prison ' soon. 

Hms prison!! 😄 haha there's enough bed sheets here to tie together and climb out the window I guess. Thanks my dear x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Ooh, quite the frost here although AT never below 0.9. That wasn't forecast, was it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

0.4c the low here slight frost in shaded areas. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Methuselah said:

And the winter before that and before that and before that. . . image.thumb.png.bee497314fda91146347bbd000ac9ee0.png

In large teapot terms I suppose 2020/21 wasn't that bad...a few bites at the cherry and had some snow eventually here in February but I guess even that Winter would have been colder back in the day.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

Hms prison!! 😄 haha there's enough bed sheets here to tie together and climb out the window I guess. Thanks my dear x

HMS Prison yeah that's what it's like when you are in hospital, at least you have an escape plan if there are loads of sheets available 🤭 Take care and stay warm.

• Like 1

Posted

Today's Low Temp

-2.5°C  at  8:55 

Well we did indeed go below zero last night. 

The graph shows the previous 24hrs and clearly shows we have already dipped below zero before 18:00 (6pm) 

OutsideTempHistory-1.thumb.gif.193899130f688590357a1e36cae48290.gif

The current temp is  -0.4°C

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, ChillyJuju said:

Today's Low Temp

-2.5°C  at  8:55 

Well we did indeed go below zero last night. 

The graph shows the previous 24hrs and clearly shows we have already dipped below zero before 18:00 (6pm) 

OutsideTempHistory-1.thumb.gif.193899130f688590357a1e36cae48290.gif

The current temp is  -0.4°C

i had a touch of frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Frosty start to the day here, my idea of perfect winters day, and a nice dry crispy walk this evening up the road to our local Christmas lights street 🎄

IMG_7143.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Frosty in the car when I left the office at 4pm, not bad going. Shame it’s going to be warm again by morning

• Like 1