Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
54 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Certainly a cold day. The Netweather Extra temperature feed from Met Office automated weather stations showing most of the Region remaining sub-zero at around 13.00. (The feed lags the radar time stamp by an hour or so). I've just listened to John Hammond on the TV and he's talking about it turning mild, wet and windy by the weekend following, i.e. by 7 days time.

RadarTemp02Dec2313_45.thumb.jpg.fac114bdf30c5d7f4dc6ba4df9af3ec3.jpg

Certainly is very cold and it's not often to find an iceday on the second day of winter. Hopefully bodes well for winter as a whole 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 hours ago, Shaunado said:

Do you know of a radar history app that goes beyond the 6 hours of the Met Office app? I want to work out which side of midnight my overnight dusting came. Thx

31 minutes ago, Harry's House said:

According to the  Met Office rainfall radar map, it  would seem that for you at Egerton, precipitation occurred not far from midnight both before and after.

Indeed Harry. Looks like Kent enjoyed a streamer last night that lasted just under an hour. It started as a rain/sleet mix around 22.45 but it turned to snow as it moved inland and temperatures dropped. It finally died out around 00.15 today. Here's the radar at 23.35 (blue rain, green sleet, pink snow):

Radar01Dec2323_35.thumb.jpg.e1049a79bce355b3487f0ab6a7d21ee1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
48 minutes ago, ChillyJuju said:

Today's Low Temp    

-2.8°C  at    9.22

OutsideTempHistory.thumb.gif.c40e161e7daa087ea62c4e5e2c189621.gif       

Temperature

-0.8°C

The temperature right now is still below zero, as shown on the graph for the last 24hr.

Along with the Fog which arrived last night & remains today, we have freezing fog and an Ice Day 🥶.

That's acceptable when you don't get a snowgrain or sleet lol

I've had both, but the fog melted the snow, can't be the temp cause we've stayed below 0 somehow.

Posted

Just looked at some observations, and it seems we have a high over the SE, though we were in a trough situation like last year. Explains the fog, it's a cold high though, wondering if tonight's low will go west to east, or ne over the high, it's further north, so perhaps that the change. I'm wondering if we'll stay dry tonight. High is in strengthening faze.

Not sure we wanted it further north though, guess things warm up tomorrow for us.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

A very cold day, maximum just over freezing and already down to -0.3c. Looks like it’s been foggy all day up on the Downs. 

Very brisk on the seafront this morning, earned our warm drinks ❄️

IMG_8709.thumb.jpeg.0f62cce13befcc8016ccb0a7c329afbb.jpeg

IMG_8707.thumb.jpeg.2fed096ebdd44379cbaf191ed903aed2.jpeg

IMG_8711.thumb.jpeg.c7c525379b5938e25123ab35fe724621.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

A very cold day, maximum just over freezing and already down to -0.3c. Looks like it’s been foggy all day up on the Downs. 

Very brisk on the seafront this morning, earned our warm drinks ❄️

IMG_8709.thumb.jpeg.0f62cce13befcc8016ccb0a7c329afbb.jpeg

IMG_8707.thumb.jpeg.2fed096ebdd44379cbaf191ed903aed2.jpeg

IMG_8711.thumb.jpeg.c7c525379b5938e25123ab35fe724621.jpeg

Foggy all-day here too, seems to be thickening now as well.

• Like 1

Posted

If only we could have a weather surprise for once, the precip slipping under the cold, giving some heavy snow to wake up to in the morning.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, and Sunny Days

Might run a freezing rain risk later this evening, with sfc temps so low, yet upper air not cold enough..

Posted
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

If only we could have a weather surprise for once, the precip slipping under the cold, giving some heavy snow to wake up to in the morning.

Would be nice if this stuff under cuts out cold. Think most likely scenario though is ice rain, 850,s are likely to warm. We'll see, I'd like to hope 850s stay below 0, but unlikely.

3 minutes ago, KevinG said:

Might run a freezing rain risk later this evening, with sfc temps so low, yet upper air not cold enough..

Lol snap 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Same here, chaps and chapesses, it reminds me of a Christmas Eve in the 1960s (somewhere between 1963 and '67) when it was very cold, foggy and frosty all day. . . God, I was so excited! But unwrapping prezzies with rain running down the windows was a major disappointment; I can tell you! :santa-emoji:

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Temp falling pressure still rising, currently 1017.34

Same here, Helena; even the spider-webs on the lampposts are turning white. :santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Maximum of around 2c here today, with thick frost persisting in the shade. Lots of frozen ponds! Fog has formed as the sun has gone down. Not bad for the 2nd of December. Great shame about the distinct lack of snow, but I can't turn my nose up at weather like this so early on!

It's expected to drop to -3c by 20:00, which I think is really impressive for Bexhill. Would love to see how low it would go if not for the milder air arriving after midnight!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

I've had both, but the fog melted the snow, can't be the temp cause we've stayed below 0 somehow.

Naughty Fog 🤨

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Indeed Harry. Looks like Kent enjoyed a streamer last night that lasted just under an hour. It started as a rain/sleet mix around 22.45 but it turned to snow as it moved inland and temperatures dropped. It finally died out around 00.15 today. Here's the radar at 23.35 (blue rain, green sleet, pink snow):

Radar01Dec2323_35.thumb.jpg.e1049a79bce355b3487f0ab6a7d21ee1.jpg

Thanks both. I just realised that the rainfall radar on the MetO website is much longer back range than the app. 

So 100% of winter days so far have seen snowfall ;)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Going to be touch and go if we actually get an official Ice day, warm air aloft may ruin it if this arrive before midnight.. It’s been around -2c all day …

Posted
5 minutes ago, slater said:

Going to be touch and go if we actually get an official Ice day, warm air aloft may ruin it if this arrive before midnight.. It’s been around -2c all day …

It's a high, warm air aloft is not going to effect ground temps, till cloud from the west comes over, due to fog we won't see when that is, unless the fog clears 

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's a high, warm air aloft is not going to effect ground temps, till cloud from the west comes over, due to fog we won't see when that is, unless the fog clears 

It’s snowing in Dover ? Work colleague just said 

Posted
1 minute ago, SHM040519 said:

It’s snowing in Dover ? Work colleague just said 

Can see something, it's probably diamond dust, incidentally high still rising 1017,50 now, will probably peak soon, we'll see.