Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Dami said:

After putting it off putting it off, i went to register at the new dentist in the village.  I  need stuff done, and i am the worst person at the dentist. lady on the desk could barely hear me because i was so nervous even being in the building. At least this one seemed quite calm inside and the lady nice. Oh and it didn't smell like the dentist either. My old dentist smelt like toothpaste and mouthwash.  The prices are eye watering. 75 just for the first visit alone.

So nervous , it wasn't until we were heading home that i noticed what a nice day it is, quite cool and sunny. 

wish me luck at 12:30 tomorrow. 

I hate dentists as well (sorry for not talking about the weather)...I didn't visit my NHS dentist for a number of years (have a real phobia) but then part of a front tooth fell out and then felt I had to visit (mind the gap) a lot of work had to be done elsehwere...in the last couple of months or so I've had 7 extractions, 6 fillings, 1 root canal and 2 crowns plus new dentures top and bottom and have a visit today for further work. I've been going so frequently I've lost the phobia as I know what to expect, I've been going private and as you'd expect my wallet is running on empty now, £100 for an extraction, £120 for a filling!

On another note nice mild calm bright day just ruined by where I have to go this afternoon! 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
7 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I hate dentists as well (sorry for not talking about the weather)...I didn't visit my NHS dentist for a number of years (have a real phobia) but then part of a front tooth fell out and then felt I had to visit (mind the gap) a lot of work had to be done elsehwere...in the last couple of months or so I've had 7 extractions, 6 fillings, 1 root canal and 2 crowns plus new dentures top and bottom and have a visit today for further work. I've been going so frequently I've lost the phobia as I know what to expect, I've been going private and as you'd expect my wallet is running on empty now, £100 for an extraction, £120 for a filling!

On another note nice mild calm bright day just ruined by where I have to go this afternoon! 🙂

I know how you feel. I fainted at 7 and fell on my face and broke my front teeth. Nothing but issues. Had to have 2 root canals done on them and i was scared stiff they would fall out.  My last real treatment i had to go in 4 times and by the end i felt like a pro. So, as i am expecting a good few trips to make up years of not going, i hope my anxiety won't last long., i'm not in any pain, the missed infection buzzed my nerve, but still i'd rather not go.

All cloudy now, but expecting around 17c today. 

• Like 1

Posted

IMG_1972.thumb.jpg.6b5a1ee0db692ad913745e1fe4093378.jpg

I did a quick pic of todays sunrise, Not the best, as usual phone doesn't give it justice.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

I've been pulling mine out for years, either with fingers or with pliers: no pain, no phenomenally expensive invoices. And I've still got more than enough to do the job!🤓

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
42 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I've been pulling mine out for years, either with fingers or with pliers: no pain, no phenomenally expensive invoices. And I've still got more than enough to do the job!🤓

Never tried the string and handle job?...okay if you're willing to put the door back on with some new hinges.

Me earlier this afternoon...

abbott-and-costello-dentist.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a beautiful day! Blue sky with some cirrus and a pleasant breeze thanks to the very mild air flowing all the way from the Azores. Currently 16.1C here at 10.55.

14.00: 1074337717_GFS50004Oct2214_00.thumb.png.0c1597d2576cb0820cb302b48efa8c42.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

What a beautiful day! Blue sky with some cirrus and a pleasant breeze thanks to the very mild air flowing all the way from the Azores. Currently 16.1C here at 10.55.

14.00: 1074337717_GFS50004Oct2214_00.thumb.png.0c1597d2576cb0820cb302b48efa8c42.png

It's a wonderful day innit, BW? I'm still sitting here in joggers & a (not Frank Spencer) tank top; and I have no intention of turning on my heating! Long may it continue?

• Like 1

Posted

It's still cloudy here. Spent most of morning in the loo though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
7 minutes ago, Dami said:

It's still cloudy here. Spent most of morning in the loo though.

Are you cleaning your bathroom? Where is the fog fgs

Posted
59 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hmmm, murky and grey to the west of London all morning, at times the clouds were so dark it looked as if the heavens were about to open.

Got off the flight from Cyprus at midnight last night after a week of high 30s and arrived home to a cold house (yes, we put the heating on) and all the plants looking well watered in the garden from last week's rain. Fingers crossed for a good, cosy autumn now.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Hmmm, murky and grey to the west of London all morning, at times the clouds were so dark it looked as if the heavens were about to open.

Got off the flight from Cyprus at midnight last night after a week of high 30s and arrived home to a cold house (yes, we put the heating on) and all the plants looking well watered in the garden from last week's rain. Fingers crossed for a good, cosy autumn now.

Lol. I think I owe folk up here in Suffolk an apology for putting the mockers on the sunshine! 30 minutes after I made my post the clouds rolled in and it's turned into a miserable grey afternoon now. 🙄

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Are you cleaning your bathroom? Where is the fog fgs

Nah. Bad nerves from dental appointment which wasn't that scary after all. Another appointment in 2 weeks and some tabs to take but not as bad as feared.  It's always the way. But weather wise, there was some dizzle when i went out, sun when i was sitting in the chair then cloud again. 

Sore mouth.com, but happy now its out the way.

• Like 2

Posted
On 03/10/2022 at 10:06, Dami said:

After putting it off putting it off, i went to register at the new dentist in the village.  I  need stuff done, and i am the worst person at the dentist. lady on the desk could barely hear me because i was so nervous even being in the building. At least this one seemed quite calm inside and the lady nice. Oh and it didn't smell like the dentist either. My old dentist smelt like toothpaste and mouthwash.  The prices are eye watering. 75 just for the first visit alone.

So nervous , it wasn't until we were heading home that i noticed what a nice day it is, quite cool and sunny. 

wish me luck at 12:30 tomorrow. 

Oh thought you was in at  tooth hurty not twelve thirty lol ,hope it went well and your not sittling there banging your head against the wall ..,: :),typical la nina set up same old same old ,might have a bit sleet late Feb (if lucky and on high ground, not much autumn wind as all over top of our  heads ...jet stream can't get down coz of the dirty great high that flits about over us and the Azores 

Edited by TN9

Posted
14 hours ago, TN9 said:

Oh thought you was in at  tooth hurty not twelve thirty lol ,hope it went well and your not sittling there banging your head against the wall ..,: :),typical la nina set up same old same old ,might have a bit sleet late Feb (if lucky and on high ground, not much autumn wind as all over top of our  heads ...jet stream can't get down coz of the dirty great high that flits about over us and the Azores 

Many thanks 🙂  my problem is toothy doesn't hurty so i had no idea anything was wrong till the headaches. It didn't go too bad at all, the worst thing is the nausea from my medication. Just need to extra rub my gums. 

Very very windy today here, almost blew my hubby over and our bin said hi to he bins over the road. No rain yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Wind really getting up now, with a 49mph gust recently recorded just south of the Wash. The models continue to forecast very little rain for most of our Region from the cold front now approaching and which should clear through by early evening. The latest radar echo already suggesting the front will bring a very narrow squall line at best.

Netwx Extra radar with gusts at 12.10: 1124570232_Radarwithgusts05Oct12_10.thumb.jpg.4d3b690dc8046d54131f34f1cca09071.jpg

Arome cum rainfall forecast to 22.00 this evening: 912658112_Aromecumprecipto22.0005Oct.thumb.png.d5aa53258fb619617a89b1205ae89d6a.png

• Like 4

Posted

Well the squall line might be narrow but it's looking rather potent for the north of the Region. Caught out in that and you'll be soaked!

14.15: 555699632_Radar05Oct14_15.thumb.jpg.00b0f2778b62331e3809aaa1f5f32def.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
Time added.
  • Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Well the squall line might be narrow but it's looking rather potent for the north of the Region. Caught out in that and you'll be soaked!

The squall line just came through here in Surbiton. A short-lived affair but suitably windy with some heavy rain. We had just got back from the lunchtime walk which was refreshing in a damp atmosphere with the warmish air cooled by a strong breeze.

Edit: now the squall has gone through, the winds seem much stronger... aaand 15 minutes later, it's all quiet out there!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
31 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

14.15: 555699632_Radar05Oct14_15.thumb.jpg.00b0f2778b62331e3809aaa1f5f32def.jpg

Losing it's oomph as it heads deeper into Norfolk, but still rather black out there as it makes progress.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Losing it's oomph as it heads deeper into Norfolk, but still rather black out there as it makes progress.

Yes, dwindled rapidly as it moved east. It lasted about 10 mins here, but nevertheless enough to get me very wet on my walk to my local for a pint. I'm where the triangle is located.

15.55: 1092507230_Radar05Oct15_55.thumb.jpg.f78092082aba0b0989c0dc2d289e6450.jpg

But to compensate, on my journey home a nice sky as the sun went down. 490899876_sunset05Oct22.thumb.jpg.6189ebc8394f17d35c21df78c76c1058.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Very little rain here today, and not nearly enough despite a wetter than average September.

• Like 3

Posted

Pleasures (only one) lol of working in Croydon ,looking south towards Edenbridge from Botley hill ,lovely morning too

Could contain:

Edited by TN9
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely weather today, blue skies all day and a max of 17c with a good ol breeze.

• Like 1

Posted

My last message said about typical la nina set up  ,but gfs doesn't seem that consistent, it wants to keep pulling the high back and forth then ,one of yesterday's runs changed totally around and gave us here in south a bit of excitement, then today backed off again,so I'm not over confident it knows what the score is too far out at the moment