Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I keep thinking it's summer

yep. no need for a cardie today. 🥵

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A lovely day after the early cloud and rain cleared, reaching 21C with a gentle breeze. Must say, I'm hoping for some seasonal fog and frost soon though.

Met Office Wattisham observations, 2 miles down the road from me:

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Word

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Hi all, hope everyone is well?  Long time since I've been on net weather.  Took a week to find out family in Florida survived the hurricane.  They did, with flooding but house remained intact thankfully, then got Covid for the second time and have been unwell for a month.   It feels a lot like summer *she hums*  I thought I'd misread weather data Wednesday when we got to 20°C, Thursday 20.6°C, yesterday dropped to 18.5°C but today my weather station recorded 22°C, and still 19°C at 7pm!  I'd been in the garden in a short sleeve T shirt but with leaves gently dropping all around, hadn't realised it was that warm.   Seems very odd on the cusp of November.  Have a photo of my back garden taken at 07:05 on 3rd November last year with frost on the grass (and a lot more leaves on the trees than is left now).

Had a nice sunrise on Thursday - view from landing window.  Dreading the clocks going back tonight, it'll be dark at 5pm very soon.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunrise, Architecture, Building, Painting, Art, Sunlight

Could contain: Electronics, Calculator, Mobile Phone, Phone, Cell Phone

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Gotta say it’s weird being sat outside on the penultimate day of October with the air temp just under 18 degrees at 2320hrs, love warm weather but now ready for some more seasonal temps… 

Posted

This rain appears to be further west than the forecasts suggested making for a thoroughly wet morning.  Probably means the storm risk will stay further west as well

Could contain: Map, Diagram, Plot, Atlas

Posted
20 hours ago, bluebell said:

Gotta say it’s weird being sat outside on the penultimate day of October with the air temp just under 18 degrees at 2320hrs, love warm weather but now ready for some more seasonal temps… 

I'm trying not to be a debbie downer ,but what is now seasonal ? temps? Weather patterns?,,what do you expect  out of  this world?,they keep telling us all is not right ,why won't we except that??? 

Posted

perfect 'sorting out the kitchen cupboards' weather this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dami said:

perfect 'sorting out the kitchen cupboards' weather this afternoon.

For our glaciers its not a great afternoon, their losing volume hand over foot ,couple of tonnes per second 😞

Posted
1 minute ago, TN9 said:

For our glaciers its not a great afternoon, their losing volume hand over foot ,couple of tonnes per second 😞

sad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Tonight does have a spooky feel to it not just with it being Halloween but who doesn't love an evening-night wind and rain threat?

Reading a book or something and listening to the wind and rain hitting the windows.

Could contain: Map, Diagram, Atlas, Plot

As well as that there may be the chance of some torrential rain embedded within some sort of system and maybe even the odd occasional flash of lightning.

Some vorticity ahead of the main low pressure means that there will be a small kick and drove to the atmosphere that could drive up Storms an some strong shearing mixed in although most of it is after the strongest of the vorticity goes through slightly limiting the height of the initiatial rain ahead of the low. Theres no real kick in the low pressure, normally you'd want it's Eastern side to be tilted downwards (a negatively tilted trough) for a kick in the atmosphere as it drives that little bit more shearing and vorticity I would imagine. There is some downwards tilting but not much and mainly from the low behind the one affecting us. May be some MUCAPE helping the Storms gain intensity and allowing the odd occasional strike. Whether there will be enough in a spot to allow for enhanced lightning activity is up for debate but there's no real main area where that is suggested as of yet.

Could contain: Painting, Art, Pattern

Could contain: Painting, Art, Modern Art, Pattern

Could contain: Map, Diagram, Plot, Atlas, Painting, Art

Could contain: Plot, Diagram, Vegetation, Plant, Map, Plan

Could contain: Plot, Vegetation, Plant, Diagram, Map, Plan, Atlas

Could contain: Plot, Map, Diagram, Atlas

Lightning flash density shares my views with some more tomorrow hogging the south coast as well perhaps aided by some sea breeze convergence.

Could contain: Plot, Diagram, Vegetation, Plant, Map

Could contain: Plot, Diagram, Map, Vegetation, Plant, Atlas

Could contain: Plot, Diagram, Map, Atlas, Vegetation, Plant

The UKV is interesting in showing some quite intense rainfall from the Storms before the main system goes through perhaps over egging CAPE but the ECM hasn't been brilliant recently so maybe the UKV has got it correct here.

Could contain: Map, Diagram, Plot, Atlas, Painting, Art

UKV is later with the arrival of the main system but brings some strong wind gusts with it and the same with the daytime convection tomorrow.

Could contain: Plot, Painting, Map, Diagram, Land, Nature, Atlas, Sea, Vegetation, Rainforest

Could contain: Painting, Art, Plot, Map, Diagram, Atlas, Land, Nature, Outdoors

Could contain: Map, Diagram, Plot, Atlas, Painting, Art, Land, Nature, Outdoors

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I've noticed this past week or so, especially today, I've been getting external condensation on the windows. As have the neighbours. I don't remember this usually happening! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Only a Yellow warning for this...?

Could contain: Plot, Map, Diagram, Nature

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
7 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Only a Yellow warning for this...?

Could contain: Plot, Map, Diagram, Nature

According to that November could start on a wild note. Good stuff!

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Freeze said:

According to that November could start on a wild note. Good stuff!

80-85mph just touching the shore there... Would be equal to (or perhaps just greater than) Eunice in strength locally if it transpired like that. Would certainly take the rest of the leaves away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

An old hobby horse of mine, but imo, yet again, tomorrow's forecast (for 1st Nov) rainfall supports my theory that Greater London sucks the moisture out of rain bearing systems, leaving parts of East Anglia in a down stream 'drought shadow'. Anyone have any alternative views?

Wind direction 13.00: 1236457490_GFSwind01Nov13_00.thumb.GIF.cc96768072e7e411af4b818c7d18c04f.GIF Cum rainfall to midnight tomorrow: 282758526_GFScumpreciptomidnight01Nov.thumb.GIF.9bd883b95e56ab73e7aed9e47377c5e2.GIF

• Like 4

Posted

Wind is really beginning to whip up here, still a few hours till the strongest winds push through.

Edited by Eagle Eye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hello gang, apologies for my lack of checking in etc, I trust I find you very well. First things first, that's a tad windy out there tonight, I can hear the roar, blowing through the trees, and I'm very surprised there's only a yellow out. Although it moves through quickly, it's a vicious little so and so, with some very eunice type strength to it. I'll have to have the fan on, to drown out the noise, or no sleep for me. 

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Hello gang, apologies for my lack of checking in etc, I trust I find you very well. First things first, that's a tad windy out there tonight, I can hear the roar, blowing through the trees, and I'm very surprised there's only a yellow out. Although it moves through quickly, it's a vicious little so and so, with some very eunice type strength to it. I'll have to have the fan on, to drown out the noise, or no sleep for me. 

Yeah, first time I've ever heard the wind whistle through the telegraph wires at home, spooky Halloween feel to it all lol.

Edit

Motion sensor lights down the street are going crazy.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2

Posted

The wind has gone crazy down here on the coast in the last few minutes. Would not be surprised if some lost some fence panels overnight.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a little look around some weather stations in the far SW as I saw online that Cornwall was being battered despite no MO warning for them.

Found with a 111mph gust! 

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Could contain: Plot, Menu, Text, Diagram

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Just had a little look around some weather stations in the far SW as I saw online that Cornwall was being battered despite no MO warning for them.

Found with a 111mph gust! 

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Could contain: Plot, Menu, Text, Diagram

I'm still awake because I have a gut feeling this back edge feature could be stronger than forecast...

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

I'm still awake because I have a gut feeling this back edge feature could be stronger than forecast...

Doing the same thing here, am in bed watching the IT Crowd waiting for the back edge, we can do this, we can stay up for it.

Edited by Eagle Eye

Posted
13 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

I've noticed this past week or so, especially today, I've been getting external condensation on the windows. As have the neighbours. I don't remember this usually happening! 

Yep strange, I can't remember much of it either 🤔 

Posted

Some pretty strong gusts in the past 10 minutes here, probably approaching 55mph at times!