Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
6 hours ago, snowblind said:

Ok so my question, from reading the MOD thread, and I don't really want to post in there as I've probably misunderstood everything and the are so many conflicting posts. But if, as seems likely, there is going to be an SSW and, from what I understand, roughly 60% of SSWs lead to cold weather in the UK, why is the met office only suggesting a small possibility of cold wintery weather in March? That doesn't add up surely it should be a significant risk?

Met Office almost always seem to have a mild bias, and in the UK Winter this makes them almost always right. Once they see something colder on the horizon they will turn slowly more bullish.

Miserable couple of days down here, cloud, more cloud, quite mild and even some drizzle. I don't think I can stand another bland, boring British winter, will try to get away somewhere next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 hours ago, snowblind said:

Ok so my question, from reading the MOD thread, and I don't really want to post in there as I've probably misunderstood everything and the are so many conflicting posts. But if, as seems likely, there is going to be an SSW and, from what I understand, roughly 60% of SSWs lead to cold weather in the UK, why is the met office only suggesting a small possibility of cold wintery weather in March? That doesn't add up surely it should be a significant risk?

Not all SSW events hit the bullseye. Maybe they think this will be one of them, or they are being their usual cautious selves to avoid scrambled eggs on faces.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

There's nothing the met Office can do but wait.

They simply don't know yet.

That's why they havnt said anything.

I mean they can't can they?

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, snowray said:

Met Office almost always seem to have a mild bias, and in the UK Winter this makes them almost always right. Once they see something colder on the horizon they will turn slowly more bullish.

Miserable couple of days down here, cloud, more cloud, quite mild and even some drizzle. I don't think I can stand another bland, boring British winter, will try to get away somewhere next year.

Yea spot on, again not so much bias but whats run of the mill ,statically average ..if some thing does suddenly come of the blue the met have the means and tools to quickly swing it a round gently at first then ..

Which ever way it goes ..then we all say cor they  over cooked or didn't tell us in time ..like the west and  mid states got a fun packed week , snow blizzards freezing rain , heavy thunderstorms,super cells tornadoes , us gentle south westerly then maybe our wind swings a bit northwest but near on dry here ..met office man in the States would freak ..:)

And an American forecaster here would say 'ain't worth coming today or tommorow ..

See ya next week 

If then even ,loving it stress free ...

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted

I think this has to be one of the worst Shannon entropy that I can remember for a long time. The BFTE seemed to be far better than this time. I think one of the biggest issues here is that literally every single run and suite is being taken as gospel. But it still will only go out as far as 14 days. Its a truly stunning morning on way into woolwich station for the Elizabeth line. God I hate the govt and tfl and southeastern. That's another discussion!!! 

Think its time to have a model break until Friday or Saturday 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Definitely feeling more springlike of late. Whilst still nippy, the ice cold chill seems to have left the air.

Posted
2 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

I think this has to be one of the worst Shannon entropy that I can remember for a long time. The BFTE seemed to be far better than this time. I think one of the biggest issues here is that literally every single run and suite is being taken as gospel. But it still will only go out as far as 14 days. Its a truly stunning morning on way into woolwich station for the Elizabeth line. God I hate the govt and tfl and southeastern. That's another discussion!!! 

SSW is like someone banging about in the loft lol ..you know he's going to come through but where is anyones guess ..

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

used the Liz line last week for one morning, as i went down the escalator you couldn't see one end of the platform to the other it was so packed. what made it worse was that i actually walked past woolwich arsenal DLR to get to the liz line station. so for the extra cost i didn't actually make up any time as if i had done woolwich arsenal to bank and then on to westminster. i hate TFL or as i know it - totally foocked london 😄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

whilst yesterday was miserable i'm glad that today has gone back to being springlike and hope it continues being springlike this far forward 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, MAF said:

used the Liz line last week for one morning, as i went down the escalator you couldn't see one end of the platform to the other it was so packed. what made it worse was that i actually walked past woolwich arsenal DLR to get to the liz line station. so for the extra cost i didn't actually make up any time as if i had done woolwich arsenal to bank and then on to westminster. i hate TFL or as i know it - totally foocked london 😄

Interesting MAF. I have not had any real complaints. The only complaint I have with Totally Fooked London is that connections are rubbish from Welling. Once on its amazing through to Bond Street 

Posted
1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

Interesting MAF. I have not had any real complaints. The only complaint I have with Totally Fooked London is that connections are rubbish from Welling. Once on its amazing through to Bond Street 

You remember quatermass and the pit ...crossrail upset lots of people  ..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm confused lol, apparently according to the met weatherstation 8⁰c dp 6⁰c, but there's ice on the cars? 

The weather station is closer to the coast, and also higher up,  I guess that the reason, but it's built up here, the weatherstation is in the middle of nowhere literally.

Posted

Well I'm not in a frost hollow, but have definitely got a frost here, so must be colder further down, and it's still 7⁰c at Langdon bay.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

-2 and foggy this morning at home in Cambs, MK clear and 0c.

Posted
2 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

-2 and foggy this morning at home in Cambs, MK clear and 0c.

Foggy and 3c in my patch ,I ran gfs out to 330hrs and precipitation accumulation I've 1mm condensation or fog ..I reckon lol 😆 

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

I'm confused lol, apparently according to the met weatherstation 8⁰c dp 6⁰c, but there's ice on the cars? 

The weather station is closer to the coast, and also higher up,  I guess that the reason, but it's built up here, the weatherstation is in the middle of nowhere literally.

Where is st rads ? Whitfield end  up on  the hill or by Dover priory? I know Dover priory because its the end of line any further and your in the drink lol ,Alkam or Langdon end ..Dover is strange place weather wise at the   best of  times .. 🙂

Edited by TN9

Posted
10 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Where is st rads ? Whitfield end  up on  the hill or by Dover priory? I know Dover priory because its the end of line any further and your in the drink lol ,Alkam or Langdon end ..Dover is strange place weather wise at the   best of  times .. 🙂

Its a mystical place tbh ..anyone traveling trough sees  it as a  last bastion of home and its either windy low cloud or sees miles... crazy place , old tunnels ..forts ..cliffs with odd structures ,castles ..but its a portal to some on holiday ..I love Dover..nuts place 🙂

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Sort of half way between Dover priory and temple Ewell, next to river, Dover side. The valley would be coomb velley, there is a country road at the end that leads toward alkem/Folkestone, but it's not used very often, not one of the main routes, or the main small a road used. Little industrial estate, round, an old one, not like Whitfield. Short for st radigunds or however you spell it lol. Everyone says st rads. It's a little finger off London rd between two downs. It's easier to walk over the down to get to the train station, but easier to walk London rd to get to the town centre or beach.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Its a mystical place tbh ..anyone traveling trough sees  it as a  last bastion of home and its either windy low cloud or sees miles... crazy place , old tunnels ..forts ..cliffs with odd structures ,castles ..but its a portal to some on holiday ..I love Dover..nuts place 🙂

I know loads to do, and most outsider don't know about any of it, and think there's nothing here for tourists except the castle. We should premote the town more, then may be we could actually really sort out the town centre rather than just saying it, but letting it get worse, and building steam fountains that make fog in the summer lol. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Spring like, sunny and 11c