Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
3 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

Wait.. you actually had activity? Excellent 🥳Finally! Call the express!

Yea honest ..I didn't know where to look ,the sky, the the rain hitting the floor or listening to maybe the second rumble of thunder ..then a rainbow and usually that means  game over 🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
10 hours ago, TN9 said:

Yea honest ..I didn't know where to look ,the sky, the the rain hitting the floor or listening to maybe the second rumble of thunder ..then a rainbow and usually that means  game over 🙂

With the shield now broken, just imagine the possibilities for winter.. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Vortex3929 said:

With the shield now broken, just imagine the possibilities for winter.. 

Well I had my little gingle yesterday ..cant see it being a wash out in Kent can you  or seeing my hosepipe ban lifted or has it ?must check ,i keep going to it then dropping it like a hot cake ..in case someones watching  😉

Could contain:

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted

Mm . Well I wouldnt say dry as bone everywhere but ..where i am I've wiggled Screenshot_20230827-154031_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5cd7451e544efb8f5832af568b409c4b.jpgthrough it..again..

Could contain:

Edited by TN9

Posted

A Bit of philosophical question but when you die and some one said ( say God for simples sake) you can go to heaven or be ( in particular form) a part of earths atmosphere ..like a Dysons sphere..what would you do ..?

Posted

Forget that last post few to many bank holiday beers i apologise...Nice picture from my daughter in Thailand..see how the cloud is not really that tall is it ,but whoosh ..atmosphere must be hanked with moisture 

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, chilly milly said:

Sun's been in and out here all day. It's not been too bad actually.

Your lucky lol, think it was out for about half hour, when I posted then disappeares for most of the day lol. Can't complain really though, we've been very lucky here this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Does anyone have any thoughts on the coming winter for our region, will we finally break the sequence of mildish boring winters🤔

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the coming winter for our region, will we finally break the sequence of mildish boring winters🤔

Gruseome ...to the people that like warm windy rainy  winters ..gruesome to the people  who like cold frosty winters , snow lovers ? Game over..so yea none the wiser ..:) 

But honestly nothing is acting as it should .its looking at the big drivers but they even can't always  drive in unknown territory..its watch with mother (nature )

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, TN9 said:

Gruseome ...to the people that like warm windy rainy  winters ..gruesome to the people  who like cold frosty winters , snow lovers ? Game over..so yea none the wiser ..:) 

I think it will be a corker

Posted

Interesting as we hurtle towards September, I saw a very interesting tweet that said similar to the story on the day after tomorrow, reckoning the gulf stream and North Atlantic current are at its weakest point in 1600 years. I would say this similar to what TN9 said everything is totally out of sync at moment.. 

Winter hmm let's wait snd see. My most exciting time watching Svslbard fill up with snow and it going dark in about December fir 3 months. 

Love it 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

Interesting as we hurtle towards September, I saw a very interesting tweet that said similar to the story on the day after tomorrow, reckoning the gulf stream and North Atlantic current are at its weakest point in 1600 years. I would say this similar to what TN9 said everything is totally out of sync at moment.. 

Winter hmm let's wait snd see. My most exciting time watching Svslbard fill up with snow and it going dark in about December fir 3 months. 

Love it 

Hope it doesn't get that cold, and we certainly don't want the cold hurricane things that were in that film.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

It's certainly very strange at the moment. My friend who lives just outside Grenoble has reported that it was 37 degrees on Friday, poured with rain all weekend and then there was 8 inches (!) of snow in the Val D'Isere alpine on the bank holiday.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Hope it doesn't get that cold, and we certainly don't want the cold hurricane things that were in that film.

The film being the day after tomorrow?

• Thanks 1

Posted
19 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Love it 

19 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Love it 

Like I said before someone might be running AMOC...perhaps that's where the saying comes from ? ..cause chaos ..going hell for leather .. ?:) 

Dont worry about the the k its the sea or c we should care about  😞Could contain:

Edited by TN9
  • Thanks 1

Posted

But again where do we go ..we could cheer that that it will cool it down ..so we can walk across the Thames on ice ,proper freezing ,people will die if its too hot or die if its minus 15 in London..thats us as a species im afraid:( ☹ 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, TN9 said:

Got drizzle....no photos though..that light you wouldn't see it 

Yep, walked home from pool in that, stayed dry obviously, missed the heavy rain that started ten minutes ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

A beautiful sunny morning, with a slight chill in the air first thing to let you know autumn is near!

• Like 1