Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Spectacular morning, what a feeling when you step outside for the first time into that cold crisp air!

Couldn't wait was sitting out in it last night, better than my oven if a house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hello all. Definitely much cooler today. Chilly night to come. Best test the heating. 

Posted

We went out for a walk straight after the rain came through yesterday evening and the air felt so fresh, it was lovely, uplifting in fact. And as others have said, what a joy to be out first thing to clear blue skies and crisp air.

Loved it along the Thames next to London Bridge at 9am. By lunchtime, enough cloud had built around Borough Market for sprinkly rain to fall while still remaining cool, but pleasant enough wrapped up warm to eat outside. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Managed to catch a bit of a rainbow behind Heathrow airport looking north on the back edge of a shower moving southeast to the east recently

F8aZ1KwWkAA9zu-.thumb.jpg.839813abdb4e3594370bec27aee19c95.jpg

A well-speckled satellite image early evening showing the showery polar NW flow today, with crisp blue skies in between.

sat_1700.thumb.JPG.24afca8360b838221741d0121c24a6c9.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Clear overnight and beautiful golden sunrise. 3.4C the low a few moments ago. No sign of ground frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Low of 3.7c here, couldn't see any frost here either, sparkling sunshine.

Posted

Low of 5.0 degrees at home where no frost, but I saw some touches of ground frost in the lower lying parts of Crystal Palace Park.  

Edited by andreas
  • Like 1

Posted

first frost of Autumn here last night . we only got down to -0.6c but frost on rooves and grass was a pleasant sight. it mase for a lovely dog walk.

• Like 2

Posted

Last Sunday afternoon 25C in the SE, today - struggling to reach 10-11C. Summer last weekend, but now definitely autumn

temp_1340.thumb.png.e85b5ab006a68dfc4e5b68b8ecc1abaf.pngtemp_uk-13.thumb.png.7a8d6e8a6075a72bc9b2280a731d1aac.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lovely sunny day, it felt chilly in the shade but not too bad in the sun with light winds.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Down to 2C at 22.46 this evening (Sunday). On the drive, the roof of my car now twinkling with frost.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

That was a shock to the system this morning. 2c at 4:45am and felt bitter.

Posted

NE airmass, lowest temperature overnight was at 5:36am -1.6c, we are definitely into minus numbers, so it begins 😊

• Like 1

Posted

No frost here, think cloud got in the way, might have been some at some point over night though. Cold, patchy cloud sun about too.

Looks like some showers might come along, that sort of easterly cloud.

Posted

Quite a frost in SE London this morning, cloudy but bright now although not ventured out the office to see how it feels like temp wise.

My heating actually came on this morning when i got up at 0530, thermostat has been set to 16 throughout spring/summer, so it obviously dipped below that indoors this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
6 hours ago, MAF said:

My heating actually came on this morning when i got up at 0530, thermostat has been set to 16 throughout spring/summer, so it obviously dipped below that indoors this morning.

Same here over the weekend and mine was only on 15 !
First time scraping frost off the windscreen Sunday morning it then I was going out stupidly early 🥹
I’m pleased it feels more seasonal temperature wise though, we just need the trees to catch up and give us some lovely autumn colours 🍁 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Same here over the weekend and mine was only on 15 !
First time scraping frost off the windscreen Sunday morning it then I was going out stupidly early 🥹
I’m pleased it feels more seasonal temperature wise though, we just need the trees to catch up and give us some lovely autumn colours 🍁 

For that to happen, now we need some warmth, it's the contrasts that really bring colour to leaves lol. Sharp frost followed by teens, which happens more in continental areas.

Posted

With Storm Babet heading towards the UK, the Met Office have issued a yellow warning for rain to impact the north of our Region late Wednesday 18th through to and including Saturday 21st. Looking at the models the period of particularly heavy rain is expected through Friday into Saturday, and they suggest it's eastern coastal counties that are particularly impacted. Models indicating most of the Region sees 25mm (an inch) of rain, but up to 50mm for some.

Warning: WeatherWarning18-21Oct23.thumb.jpg.44802c3250bb67e9b740956743ea1272.jpg

Cumulative rainfall to end Sat: GFScumpreciptoendSat21Oct23.thumb.GIF.c9dbe566f761274d3f3a48bcf16dad76.GIF

Rainfall animation to midday Sun: animtbz9.gif

• Like 3

Posted

It was cold this morning I'd go as far to say very cold for mid October with an overnight low of 1.5C been keeping records since 2020 and previous coolest night in 2022 was 4.2C so quite a bit colder.

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

No frost here, think cloud got in the way, might have been some at some point over night though. Cold, patchy cloud sun about too.

Looks like some showers might come along, that sort of easterly cloud.

Your Dover mate  arnt you ?sea still about  18c isn't it? never seen  a frost there  in my life  ,but if  fog was royalty you would  be king 🙂

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted

West wickham this morning ..after sunday and yesterdays chill it feels  relatively tropical again this morning ..

Could contain:

Posted

Here's the latest output from a selection of models showing the expected rainfall accumulation from today (Weds) through to end Saturday 21st. Whilst much of the broadcast media seems to be focussing on the impact for NE Scotland - where indeed there will be large totals accumulating 141mm** or 5.6 inches on the hills - my attention is drawn to the prospect of 75mm (3 inches) in the built-up SE corner of the Region. That's going to bring a real possibility of flash flooding and disruption to road and rail travel. Indeed, for many other parts of the Region including London there could be 50mm+ (2 inches). The timing of the most disruptive rainfall will be from Friday teatime through to Saturday teatime with 24 hours of heavy rain. It's a situation that needs watching as the models fine tune their output.

Output from Arpege, GFS and UKV. Interesting that UKV on its own suggesting the largest accumulations are further along the South Coast towards Portsmouth:

ArpegecumrainfalltoendSat21Oct23.thumb.png.70cce1912f4e862d9ed8a8fb8a4ab765.pngGFScumrainfalltoendSat21Oct23.thumb.png.6aa481c413ee97aef7054c3fa0871349.pngUKVcumrainfalltoendSat21Oct23.thumb.png.de83246af01335faf40093f3e4da9893.png

Sources:
Arpege and GFS https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/
UKV (Netweather Extra) https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?;sess=

Edit: **Latest forecasts suggesting 200mm for the hills of NE Scotland and UKV data even suggesting the possibility of 300mm!! Remarkable totals in such a short space of time and a real worry for that part of Scotland.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Here's the latest output from a selection of models showing the expected rainfall accumulation from today (Weds) through to end Saturday 21st. Whilst much of the broadcast media seems to be focussing on the impact for NE Scotland - where indeed there will be large totals accumulating 141mm** or 5.6 inches on the hills - my attention is drawn to the prospect of 75mm (3 inches) in the built-up SE corner of the Region. That's going to bring a real possibility of flash flooding and disruption to road and rail travel. Indeed, for many other parts of the Region including London there could be 50mm+ (2 inches). The timing of the most disruptive rainfall will be from Friday teatime through to Saturday teatime with 24 hours of heavy rain. It's a situation that needs watching as the models fine tune their output.

Output from Arpege, GFS and UKV. Interesting that UKV on its own suggesting the largest accumulations are further along the South Coast towards Portsmouth:

ArpegecumrainfalltoendSat21Oct23.thumb.png.70cce1912f4e862d9ed8a8fb8a4ab765.pngGFScumrainfalltoendSat21Oct23.thumb.png.6aa481c413ee97aef7054c3fa0871349.pngUKVcumrainfalltoendSat21Oct23.thumb.png.de83246af01335faf40093f3e4da9893.png

Sources:
Arpege and GFS https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/
UKV (Netweather Extra) https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?;sess=

Edit: **Latest forecasts suggesting 200mm for the hills of NE Scotland and UKV data even suggesting the possibility of 300mm!! Remarkable totals in such a short space of time and a real worry for that part of Scotland.

Red warning by meto for an area of Scotland.

• Thanks 1