Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Finally. With some lamp post viewing there is snow now falling here. On the radar it took for us to be under the heavy echoes to get some flakes falling.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Hovering at 0.4°C here with a DP of -1.4°C 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
14 minutes ago, khodds said:

Hey! No I didn’t? Can you send it again pls?

This was just a snippet of the footage. It was there for over 5 minutes.  

i wrote out a post too. If you check your notifications you can see my write up about it too. 
I filmed this using IR although this particular sighting was visible in the visible spectrum unlike other ones i have filmed which were only visible in the IR field of view. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
4 minutes ago, offerman said:

This was just a snippet of the footage. It was there for over 5 minutes.  

i wrote out a post too. If you check your notifications you can see my write up about it too. 
I filmed this using IR although this particular sighting was visible in the visible spectrum unlike other ones i have filmed which were only visible in the IR field of view. 

It was just like that! But moved down towards the horizon VERY slowly - opposite way to the way the moon as coming up. Amazing! I wish I had stopped the car but I only have my phone to film on and it wouldn’t have picked it up very well I doubt

On 10/12/2022 at 06:03, offerman said:

Hello Khodds, I filmed a very large ball of light back in 2011. My sighting lasted for 5 minutes ( file too large to upload here )  and then faded out. 
This was below the clouds and you can see even in the short clip it appears to illuminate the underside of the Cloud bank. 
even in the full footage I question myself saying is it a star it must be a start but then of course it’s below the cloud so it can’t be. 

It was completely silent ,it was not a flare ,lantern a drone, planet venus etc. 

I was filming this using some infrared equipment that I have sometimes these balls of light are invisible to the naked eye up in the sky. 

On this particular evening this one was visible to the naked eye. 

So I thought I’d share a snippet with you to see if yours looked like this at all. 

Wow! Well the only other thing I can think of it being as an explanation is ball lightning but it was a completely still frosty, cloudless night - very similar to your film so no way could it have been this

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
7 minutes ago, khodds said:

It was just like that! But moved down towards the horizon VERY slowly - opposite way to the way the moon as coming up. Amazing! I wish I had stopped the car but I only have my phone to film on and it wouldn’t have picked it up very well I doubt

Wow! Well the only other thing I can think of it being as an explanation is ball lightning but it was a completely still frosty, cloudless night - very similar to your film so no way could it have been this

Have you considered a military flare?

Posted
7 minutes ago, khodds said:

Thank you Khodds for your feedback. Mine did the opposite and after being stationary for a few minutes it then rose upwards very slowly. 
Sounds really interesting what you saw. 
i spoke to dog walkers who saw several like this moving fast zig zagging in the daytime. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, warmintim said:

Have you considered a military flare?

It didn’t look at all flare like. I’m not sure of the range of military flares? And the nearest military base/training is Salisbury plain.. that is 50 plus miles away from where I was near burnham

2 minutes ago, offerman said:

Thank you Khodds for your feedback. Mine did the opposite and after being stationary for a few minutes it then rose upwards very slowly. 
Sounds really interesting what you saw. 
i spoke to dog walkers who saw several like this moving fast zig zagging in the daytime. 

That’s cool! I love all this kind of thing.. I used to be a paranormal investigator (haunted places), but always love anything on the paranormal spectrum 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Hi Khodds , this is a bit out there pardon the pun but do you think you may have seen  NASAS Artimus/ Orion craft coming back to earth . 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, nettie said:

Hi Khodds , this is a bit out there pardon the pun but do you think you may have seen  NASAS Artimus/ Orion craft coming back to earth . 

Ooh I’m not sure - I’ll have a google, it was last Friday night 

edit - Artemis landed on the 11th near California so this was no where near that direction 

Edited by khodds
  • Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Finally. With some lamp post viewing there is snow now falling here. On the radar it took for us to be under the heavy echoes to get some flakes falling.

Lots or clear snow in with the falling snow 😉 so nothing really settling. DP below 0c and air temp 0.9c. Looking at the radar we are in a splodge of green should think we have an hour before intensity (of what there is) slackens. At this point met office app is currently the most accurate for here. No sledging tomorrow but least we got some falling.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.
Just now, khodds said:

Ooh I’m not sure - I’ll have a google, it was last Friday night 

I can't remember  when it came back down but I know it was close to when you posted 

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Think it's starting to snow here now!

However the heavy precipitation is moving along 😕

Could contain: Outdoors, Sea, Nature, Water, Pc, Electronics, Computer

Rain here in Bugle right now 🫥

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
4 minutes ago, Bristle Si said:

Now got snow showing (on phone weather app) for 10 and 11pm this eve.

Mine shows the same thing but I think it is just radar noise floating around up here I certainly not seen a flake so far.

• Like 1

Posted

My PC at work has told me it’s going to snow all week and yesterday apparently there was a “Great Sunset” outside… nope. Solid cloud! These weather apps are shocking 

• Like 2

Posted

Moderate snow in Bugle, St Austell 

Could contain: Lighting, Outdoors, Lamp Post, Rain

• Like 9

Posted

And now heavy snow here in dousland. Big temperature drop. 

Just now, Skullzrulerz said:

Snowing now, however is it too late? The heaviest precipitation is gone unless the green areas move in.

Good to see snow falling through!

Really pleased for you i know how hard it is for snow in your neck of the woods

• Like 8

Posted

Looking like dartmoor is draining all the energy from the front denying those to the east of the moor any of the action.

Posted
48 minutes ago, khodds said:

It didn’t look at all flare like. I’m not sure of the range of military flares? And the nearest military base/training is Salisbury plain.. that is 50 plus miles away from where I was near burnham

That’s cool! I love all this kind of thing.. I used to be a paranormal investigator (haunted places), but always love anything on the paranormal spectrum 

Me too. 
i have captured over 90ufo sightings on camera , some solo like the clip but also fleets from four up to 70 ( not birds or planes) invisible to the naked eye and no sound and out of this world flight manouvers 

I have also experienced the paranormal too. 

26 minutes ago, khodds said:

My PC at work has told me it’s going to snow all week and yesterday apparently there was a “Great Sunset” outside… nope. Solid cloud! These weather apps are shocking 

Couldnt are with you more.

I don’t know why the BBC weather forecast is on TV quite often at the end say don’t forget to keep up-to-date with the BBC weather app. And it’s not just a BBC one quite a lot of them are not that reliable I don’t see the point of them really. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, offerman said:

Me too. 
i have captured over 90ufo sightings on camera , some solo like the clip but also fleets from four up to 70 ( not birds or planes) invisible to the naked eye and no sound and out of this world flight manouvers 

I have also experienced the paranormal too. 

Amazing! I just love the unknown. And natural disasters too.. earthquakes volcanoes.. quite eclectic 😂

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, khodds said:

Amazing! I just love the unknown. And natural disasters too.. earthquakes volcanoes.. quite eclectic 😂

Me too. Fascinated with Volcanoes, earthquakes , thunderstorms and tornadoes. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1