Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Saturday 24th October 1987

Sunny76

Posted

I’m trying to remember which Saturday this would have been, but I remember my mum taking me on a bus ride up to Highgate on one of the Saturdays either at the start of the October half term, or the Saturday before I returned to school.

We went up to Waterlow Park, which is a smaller version of Hampstead Heath, but nicer in my opinion.

You have good views of Central London once you walk further into the park. 

On this particular occasion the park was closed due to fallen trees blocking the park gate. 

My recollection of this day was a very clear bright and sunny one, and I would assume it was the 24th and not the 17th, as I doubt my mum would be crazy enough to head to the park only 2 days since the storm lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It looks like it could well have been clear and sunny, with a ridge of high pressure over southern Britain and a polar maritime air mass:

CFSR_1_1987102412_1.png

Posted
12 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I’m trying to remember which Saturday this would have been, but I remember my mum taking me on a bus ride up to Highgate on one of the Saturdays either at the start of the October half term, or the Saturday before I returned to school.

We went up to Waterlow Park, which is a smaller version of Hampstead Heath, but nicer in my opinion.

You have good views of Central London once you walk further into the park. 

On this particular occasion the park was closed due to fallen trees blocking the park gate. 

My recollection of this day was a very clear bright and sunny one, and I would assume it was the 24th and not the 17th, as I doubt my mum would be crazy enough to head to the park only 2 days since the storm lol.

Weather was good that weekend

image.thumb.png.cdc2d2bc45f352db7fe62aa8fc84e202.png