Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 20th March 2023 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Tropical looking towers already, looks like being beefy for somewhere....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

A key thing to highlight about today from Dan's outlook is the lack of wind shear, at least for the first half of the day until some CZs and outflows come into play. This means cells will likely be popcorn in nature and many will rain themselves out on the spot before really moving anywhere.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

C’mon baby…….

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Scenery, Hedge, Plant, Vegetation

• Like 2

Posted

This has materialised in front of me from a small cloud in about 30 mins or so. A real treat to watch it grow given it hasn't moved! I expect Sandy down the road from here to start raining before long. 

Edit.. perhaps not as it is now decaying before my eyes from the bottom up! Others are around though.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Car, Neighborhood, Road, Housing

Could contain: Neighborhood, Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Car, Chair, Housing

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Shelter, Car, Neighborhood, Housing

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Neighborhood, Shelter, Car, Truck

Edited by James1979
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
13 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

A key thing to highlight about today from Dan's outlook is the lack of wind shear, at least for the first half of the day until some CZs and outflows come into play. This means cells will likely be popcorn in nature and many will rain themselves out on the spot before really moving anywhere.

Just like these

• Like 6

Posted

Posted

Status Yellow - Thunderstorm warning for Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wexford, Wicklow

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Intense showers with scattered thunderstorms and possible hail.

Possible impacts:

Spot flooding
Hazardous travelling conditions

Valid: 13:00 Thursday 11/05/2023 to 19:00 Thursday 11/05/2023

Issued: 10:43 Thursday 11/05/2023

met.ie

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I thought i heard thunder,...looks like i am in a sweet spot here and in some sort of a CZ.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Omg chase comes to me for once 😃

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Land, Outdoors, Rainforest, Vegetation, Atlas, Diagram, Sea

Who drew that square around my area?!  Let me tell you at once that this is Reigate, and there is a 5 square mile 1031mb high pressure area permanently centred over me.  😃

That said - very promising towering cumulus all around. Could (dare I say it) be good? I'll believe the various forecasts when they happen. The Met Office's warning of yellow-coloured weather, however, is all north of London.

A couple of shots from @11:15am

South east                                 South west

Could contain: Cloud, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cumulus, Weather, Azure Sky, Plant, Vegetation, Tree   Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Vegetation, Scenery, Tree, Shelter

PS anyone who comments on the weeds in our garden will be reported to the moderators!!  🤓

Edited by StormLoser
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Thunder again.

• Like 4

Posted

Basically a copy and paste job for last few days....areas that got storms will get more, areas that didn't won't....radar looks exactly the same as yesterday and day before....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Towering cumulus is being blown directly from the north (the mainland) for once today I see, so anything that develops over Hampshire could get blown this way, but I'm not banking on much looking at the high res models.

The sun has certainly got some oompf to it today, which will be driving those parcels upwards!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Not a great photo but on the bus home now after my Spanish speaking exam.

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Light, Traffic Light

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely cloudscapes today, loads and loads of decent convection but sadly all has decayed too so far, not sure now there'll be anything in this neck of the woods today.

Posted

Interesting how the latest Arome develops a cluster of storms near London late in the afternoon and keeps their strength up until 21z as they drift towards Hampshire. I'd settle for a distant light show at dusk!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Not a great photo but on the bus home now after my Spanish speaking exam.

Could contain: Cloud, Cumulus, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Light, Traffic Light

I'm always where I shouldn't be to get good pictures ..they avoid me like the plague..

Could contain: Text

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Yes looking interesting now..

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Building, Housing, Shelter, House

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Think it will be an interesting afternoon...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Person, Architecture, Building

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Cumulonimbus cells have been almost stationary to the west of Lincoln for the past two hours, but haven't produced any thunder (they're near enough such that if there was thunder I would hear faint rumbles).  Somewhere just to the west has clearly had a lot of rain so far today.  

I imagine it being one of those days where if I was on the Tyne and Wear coast I would be in a frustrating no-convection zone, with convection going up a fair way to the west and low cloud rolling in from the North Sea.  Here in Lincoln there's no no-convection zone in sight, but the main convection is definitely a bit to the west.

• Like 2