Cold?
IGNORED

The Aliens are coming LOL

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
7 minutes ago, jtay said:

Haven't checked the source, cos I cba.

Reported UFO sightings. It doesn't mean that all ufo sightings are mostly exclusive to the USA/UK etc. Probably the reason why America has the highest concentration is because they have groups such as MUFON where people can report sightings. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Premier Neige said:

Have you seen any of the hearings at the US Senate and whistle blower testimonies? There are things flying around that definitely cannot be explained by other things...

So, well-trained military operatives don't 'see things'?

Posted
5 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

So, well-trained military operatives don't 'see things'?

The testimonies given yesterday were from well trained military operatives. FA18 pilots David Fravor and Ryan Graves (both US Navy).

Posted
2 minutes ago, Premier Neige said:

The testimonies given yesterday were from well trained military operatives. FA18 pilots David Fravor and Ryan Graves (both US Navy).

And the testimonies given by well-trained forensic scientists led to the unlawful convictions of the Birmingham Six: I don't think I can fly a plane, therefore, I know what an alien looks like, has much truck! 🤔

Posted
1 minute ago, Methuselah said:

And the testimonies given by well-trained forensic scientists led to the unlawful convictions of the Birmingham Six: I don't think I can fly a plane, therefore, I know what an alien looks like, has much truck! 🤔

They never said "it was aliens". They stated that what they encountered was outside the envelope of the current US inventory or, in their opinion, of any other world military. These people are highly trained observers and the contacts were visual (pilots own eyes), infrared camera mounted on the planes and radar on both plane and ship.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
19 hours ago, Snowkissedtwice said:

In the meeting today one of the witnesses says that it is being theorised that the UAP's are not travelling through space but rather they are travelling through dimensions. It is linked to String Theory and is much more believable in my opinion. 

Yes I did read a while back that people have seen craft kind of "teleport" and suddenly disappear.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Premier Neige said:

They never said "it was aliens". They stated that what they encountered was outside the envelope of the current US inventory or, in their opinion, of any other world military. These people are highly trained observers and the contacts were visual (pilots own eyes), infrared camera mounted on the planes and radar on both plane and ship.

But it's a wonderful diversion from what's important to us Earthlings? 🤔

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Why are these 'aliens' mainly presenting themselves to US Army and Navy aircraft?

Surely, we should all be seeing them.

Problem is people are guilty of spending too much time looking down at devices, I'm one of them, as opposed to the sky. Not only that we have an extremely cloudy climate in this country and who knows what goes on just above the clouds? But people with telescopes though have seen a lot of "strange" things on a clear night.

Posted
Just now, Methuselah said:

But it's a wonderful diversion from what's important to us Earthlings? 🤔

If this stuff is confirmed to be true and we are being engaged by a non-human intelligence then what could be more important to humanity? It would be the greatest revelation ever. Free (or very cheap) clean energy for a start...

2 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Problem is people are guilty of spending too much time looking down at devices, I'm one of them, as opposed to the sky. Not only that we have an extremely cloudy climate in this country and who knows what goes on just above the clouds? But people with telescopes though have seen a lot of "strange" things on a clear night.

Plus the ridicule factor, lack of places to report sightings outside of MUFON in the US...

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

And, don't forget the rednecks' favourite excuse: Sorry love, I was abducted by aliens. Of course, you were! 

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

And, don't forget the rednecks' favourite excuse: Sorry love, I was abducted by aliens. Of course, you were! 

There's definitely some false stories I agree. Some people just love attention.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
6 hours ago, Premier Neige said:

If this stuff is confirmed to be true and we are being engaged by a non-human intelligence then what could be more important to humanity? It would be the greatest revelation ever. Free (or very cheap) clean energy for a start...

Plus the ridicule factor, lack of places to report sightings outside of MUFON in the US...

If it is true then we're probably not being engaged, if anything it would suggest they're trying to avoid detection which would point towards them being hostile or at the very least unwilling to make contact.

Posted
12 hours ago, Ross90 said:

If it is true then we're probably not being engaged, if anything it would suggest they're trying to avoid detection which would point towards them being hostile or at the very least unwilling to make contact.

Either way, it would be proof of a non-human intelligence...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
22 hours ago, Ross90 said:

or we are so far down the cosmic scale of intelligence that we are of no consequence..like us for example making the effort to make contact with a colony of ants..we know its there but it matters not  

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

There's an argument that any civilisation with the energy required to build an FTL engine would be so powerful that they'd have carte blanche over us. 

Generally though I'm open to the idea that we have a few probes however I doubt there's an alien sat in area 51. 

Given the lack of overt alien influence during recorded civilisation we can be reasonably certain that we are either in a part of space without a dominant power or with a dominant power that is benign (the former is a greater concern because it would suggest that the barrier to FTL travel is greater than we believe). 

In truth I'm not certain what I believe aliens are likely to be like. Our history and that of most life on earth suggests that alien life is likely to be aggressive and somewhat xenophobic but then it's also possible that space capitalism is the dominant philosophy and the focus is on competing with each other economically. I don't buy the theory that we are alone or aliens are wonderful hippy dippy types. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

There's an argument that any civilisation with the energy required to build an FTL engine would be so powerful that they'd have carte blanche over us. 

Generally though I'm open to the idea that we have a few probes however I doubt there's an alien sat in area 51. 

Given the lack of overt alien influence during recorded civilisation we can be reasonably certain that we are either in a part of space without a dominant power or with a dominant power that is benign (the former is a greater concern because it would suggest that the barrier to FTL travel is greater than we believe). 

In truth I'm not certain what I believe aliens are likely to be like. Our history and that of most life on earth suggests that alien life is likely to be aggressive and somewhat xenophobic but then it's also possible that space capitalism is the dominant philosophy and the focus is on competing with each other economically. I don't buy the theory that we are alone or aliens are wonderful hippy dippy types. 

A greater barrier than the need to apply an infinite amount of force to accelerate anything with mass to c?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Any aliens would take one look and probably bugger off shaking their double heads!

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

A greater barrier than the need to apply an infinite amount of force to accelerate anything with mass to c?

Well, it's more that I current have faith we can invent the math or ways to get around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Can I just say that I love the fact we can have a topic like this.. So my contribution to this  is that in August 1986 Whilst camping in my parents garden at the age of 16 I saw what was certainly an object that was similar to the shape of a submarine about 15ft long  and 3ft deep suspended about 9 feet above the back wall .It was as Luminous as lightning  ,,I had literally  walked outside the back door and my brother was just behind, I froze for a second ,watched it hover and then it just went vertically at rapid speed up into the sky and disappeared .. I saw something that wasn\t natural and my brother just missed it..It will live with me forever.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

Can I just say that I love the fact we can have a topic like this.. So my contribution to this  is that in August 1986 Whilst camping in my parents garden at the age of 16 I saw what was certainly an object that was similar to the shape of a submarine about 15ft long  and 3ft deep suspended about 9 feet above the back wall .It was as Luminous as lightning  ,,I had literally  walked outside the back door and my brother was just behind, I froze for a second ,watched it hover and then it just went vertically at rapid speed up into the sky and disappeared .. I saw something that wasn\t natural and my brother just missed it..It will live with me forever.

Plenty of people around the world have had similar experiences, not myself though but I'd love to see something eventually. I think some  people are against this subject because they feel like we are superior and get confused that there might be something far more advanced beyond our comprehension elsewhere in the universe and they could be visiting us, for what reason I don't know, maybe we are like animals in a zoo and they find our development interesting?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

For what it's worth, my contribution is, I watch something fly over, that was illuminated sky blue underneath, would never have spotted it, if it wasn't for a cloud, saw it, then it disappeared once it was in blue sky. Just came to the conclusion we are working on plane camo, but that's rather pointless, with radar and stuff. That was at some point while I was living in Croydon, so from around 2005/2013. Don't know exactly when, it was summer though.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

For what it's worth, my contribution is, I watch something fly over, that was illuminated sky blue underneath, would never have spotted it, if it wasn't for a cloud, saw it, then it disappeared once it was in blue sky. Just came to the conclusion we are working on plane camo, but that's rather pointless, with radar and stuff. That was at some point while I was living in Croydon, so from around 2005/2013. Don't know exactly when, it was summer though.

nothing remotely what I saw 

Posted
3 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

16 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

sorry misread your quote

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

Nope didn't say it was. The thing I saw was flying low though, but I don't think anyone around me saw anything, as I was the only one stopped and looking up, can't remember if there was a sound or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
Just now, alexisj9 said:

Nope didn't say it was. The thing I saw was flying low though, but I don't think anyone around me saw anything, as I was the only one stopped and looking up, can't remember if there was a sound or not.

'Flying low' Hope it didn't wink at you, 😂😂

• Like 2