Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Aliens are coming LOL

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Just a thought but its possible that if aliens visited us, they would be peaceful in most circumstances. Why would aliens attack us except for food, water or safety. All of which, they would first try to communicate with us. Language appears very important for development, either that or the ability to read body language. Radio signals are presumed to be our best chance at communication. I don't personally think we've been visited by aliens.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Just a thought but its possible that if aliens visited us, they would be peaceful in most circumstances. Why would aliens attack us except for food, water or safety. All of which, they would first try to communicate with us. Language appears very important for development, either that or the ability to read body language. Radio signals are presumed to be our best chance at communication. I don't personally think we've been visited by aliens.

Well, we don't want them to be too much like us, do we? 👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

To be honest, it would not surprise me one little bit, if they were exactly like us, should they exist. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 hours ago, Methuselah said:

you think of the millions and millions possible planets,  who's to say we haven't got a world that mirrors this one?

yes someone who looks like you.

Kinda like the monkey and the typewriter.

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, Dami said:

you think of the millions and millions possible planets,  who's to say we haven't got a world that mirrors this one?

I call it evolution, Dami. And, unless evolution works differently elsewhere (inorganic chemistry to organic chemistry to life), Eat Thy Neighbour must be common everywhere?

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
8 hours ago, Dami said:

I bet there's loads and loads of earth like planets, we'll never know the full extent though given how huge the universe is but in all likelihood there's probably that many out there it is probably incalculable, that's either scary or interesting to some people. And because of that it's way over our heads and probably not worth speculating too much about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Jesus was / is a spaceman/ God is Fred Flinstone🤣

Posted

Here's an interesting take on the Congress shenanigans:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
13 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

I bet there's loads and loads of earth like planets, we'll never know the full extent though given how huge the universe is but in all likelihood there's probably that many out there it is probably incalculable, that's either scary or interesting to some people. And because of that it's way over our heads and probably not worth speculating too much about.

There's also the possibility that the universe is infinite or there are an infinite number of universes in which case life on other planets is certain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Aliens are here already, they have been for thousands of years......they are call Women!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Aliens are here already, they have been for thousands of years......they are call Women!

Same here, except I call them men 😂

• Like 7

Posted
On 29/07/2023 at 11:09, Eagle Eye said:

you never watched 'V' then😆

• Like 2

Posted

in case no one knows what 'V' is :

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
On 29/07/2023 at 11:09, Eagle Eye said:

That seems a very optimistic worldview. It takes a police force to stop you being robbed or women raped and that's in a fairly wealthy country. 

I question why one would believe that an animal that drove themselves to the stars would not be as greedy or predatory than us. That's before we look at ideology and how people try force their views on others.  Though it would be interesting if we were among the predators of the stars and the rest were a bunch of space hippies. 

One hopes your correct of course.

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
7 hours ago, Row w said:

Same here, except I call them men 😂

I knew it, we (Humans) ARE the aliens! 😱

Edited by Don
  • Like 4

Posted

It's more than possible that space-faring aliens don't even exist?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

I've also thought there could be truth in the theory that alien civilisations mostly likely destroyed themselves before they were able to leave their planet. We might well do that before we're able to leave earth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just found this article, may be take a look, there's an interactive map the shows where reported sightings have happened in the UK.

WWW.KENTLIVE.NEWS

There have been 30 reported UFO sighting in Kent or close to the county border

Posted
7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Just found this article, may be take a look, there's an interactive map the shows where reported sightings have happened in the UK.

WWW.KENTLIVE.NEWS

There have been 30 reported UFO sighting in Kent or close to the county border

Interesting thanks for that.   I also see that a remote village in Brazil have asked for help from the authorities  as they are being plagued by 7 feet being which are attacking peoples faces.  I kid you not     i doubt if they are influenced by the media regarding the spike in alien sightings.    strange world 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Interesting thanks for that.   I also see that a remote village in Brazil have asked for help from the authorities  as they are being plagued by 7 feet being which are attacking peoples faces.  I kid you not     i doubt if they are influenced by the media regarding the spike in alien sightings.    strange world 

Mushrooms? 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I’ve no doubt there are ‘aliens’, I reckon the universe is actually teeming with life. Thousands of exoplanets have been discovered already, in fact it’s quite normal for most stars to have some sort of planetary system. It’d be rather arrogant to assume we’re all alone. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

I’ve no doubt there are ‘aliens’, I reckon the universe is actually teeming with life. Thousands of exoplanets have been discovered already, in fact it’s quite normal for most stars to have some sort of planetary system. It’d be rather arrogant to assume we’re all alone. 

I agree ,utter hubris to a assume we are the only ones 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
On 09/08/2023 at 12:36, Scuba steve said:

I agree ,utter hubris to a assume we are the only ones 

Bound to be life elsewhere and probably also in an unexpected form as well. However the main issue is the distance and time required to travel here.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1