Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Steady light snow around Forfar and Kirriemuir area last half hour giving a white covering as ground so cold. It’s the first snow as missed out on the showers last few days. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

For central belt first lot too far south and second lot too far north😟 apart from the narrow band maybe which may fall as rain or sleet.
Meanwhile Aberdeen daughter tells me it is snowing with her again!

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

The big blob on the radar has arrived here in Coatbridge, as rain! 🤨

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Raining here too. The BBC were much closer with their temps today. 3C while the met only had it briefly going above 0C all day.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
3 minutes ago, rob4al said:

The big blob on the radar has arrived here in Coatbridge, as rain! 🤨

Yep , a busted flush this whole so called cold spell has been for us here 

• Like 9

Posted
Just now, Ross90 said:

Raining here too. The BBC were much closer with their temps today. 3C while the met only had it briefly going above 0C all day.

Sadly the usual for us.  Virtually every promised snowfall ends up in disappointment.  The Lanarkshire snowshield/thundershield strikes again!

• Like 8

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

UKV 🙄

• Like 5

Posted

Has turned into a wet damp day couldn’t make it up. If anything best chance for a flurry would be tonight at best. Och well there’s always February. 👀🥶

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, Big Gally said:

Has turned into a wet damp day couldn’t make it up. If anything best chance for a flurry would be tonight at best. Och well there’s always February. 👀🥶

Whole cold spell has been underwhelming. I'm glad the Atlantic has been stopped for a couple of weeks and I like cold frosty and sunny days but it's really been nothing special otherwise IMBY.

Edited by Bats32
  • Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bats32 said:

Whole cold spell has been underwhelming. I'm glad the Atlantic has been stopped for a couple of weeks and I like cold frosty and sunny days but it's really been nothing special otherwise IMBY.

Yip a lot of hype for not much. Well us in the central belt. Maybe February will give us a chance. I’m kind of glad we never got snow this morning now, looking at what’s outside would have been worse. Snow to rain event. 🤢

Edited by Big Gally
  • Like 7

Posted

The radar image looks dramatic, but looking outside there is just the faintest hint of snizzle falling.

Thaw continues as its 0.5c - as noted above roads are going to be treacherous this evening once the frost returns as the council seem to have been using grit with the barest minimum of salt in it.

image.thumb.png.2584d74be0c767a715c9c29f4bca042a.png

Edit - saw first Brambling for a couple of years in the garden this morning, surprised not been more Scandinavian birds paying a visit this winter considering the cold they've had over there.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

It could snaw like this for a week and we might get a dusting, does look like the heavier stuff has gone south of me. Maybe its the showers following later that are meant to give me another 5cm to 10cm...

• Like 4

Posted

Lightest of snow falling here also on the coast.  Has got quite gloomy as well.   Will be interesting to see what the next few hours brings.  Wasn’t really expecting any further snow this far east.  Are there accurate radar apps out there or are they all much the same ?  I’ve been using NWs own one which seems decent 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

What a big let down today was for here. I have always experienced decent snow events in February and March so winter is not over yet. Well done to everyone who has snow, I am enjoying the pictures 😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1