Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted

I wonder if the met office are updating the weather warnings. Aberdeen City Council has tweeted about the city having an Amber warning.    Or more likely the CC have got it completely wrong. 

Edited by Gogoslo
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
31 minutes ago, Gogoslo said:

I wonder if the met office are updating the weather warnings. Aberdeen City Council has tweeted about the city having an Amber warning.    Or more likely the CC have got it completely wrong. 

Hmmm - my money is on the latter 😂

• Like 8

Posted

Up to the dizzy heights of -1. When I checked my phone at half past 8 this morning we we're at -7 it might have been lower overnight not sure Side paths slidy as hell obviously after that burst of rain yesterday afternoon

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
Just now, Mair Snaw said:

Good to see @Big Innes Madori hope all is well with you pal...

Aye good mate and enjoying all of the pics from up north! only a wee sprinkling at my location😞 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gogoslo said:

Tweet deleted.   You were correct 😂

They have updated it to a 🟡⚠️ now 🤣🤣 absolute shower…..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Think we need to make the most of the cold spell as heehaw showing up in extended models for us at the moment. Seen a wee fluury this spell that's looking it for us lowlanders.

• Like 8

Posted

I suspect the schools would be more resilient if the council insisted that staff and contracted buses had snow rated tyres to get rural contracts in the first place. I drove a taxi as a student and the thought of driving professionally all year round in Aberdeenshire on summer tyres wouldn't have even entered my mind. 

It's not realistic to expect that every road will be kept black, regardless how thoroughly treated they are. 

In any case, I used to love snow days - I think I probably got more benefit from XC skiing, sledging and being towed around a field by a quad bike than I would have from a day in school!

Edited by Snowandrocks
  • Like 7