Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mainly thunderstorms and snow

Horrible weather between last night and yesterday afternoon, 63.4mm of rain fell since 4pm yesterday and 23mm of rain fell since midnight so I think that if I go on a walk later the river will be flooded, if it is then I’ll take pictures and post them later

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

And so it goes on not a dry day in feb so far

Rain Yesterday:21.8 mm

Storm Rain:143.2 mm

This Month:198.4 mm

Season Total:360.6 mm

18 rain days in February.

• Insightful 1

Posted

the river by me looks like it had been flooding but it's gone back down, although in lower lying areas its flooding still but there's massive puddles of where it had been.image.thumb.png.2a39414c38efb064746d94d107ea71d6.pngimage.thumb.png.930159dd129d9f2ed576572243f89503.pngimage.thumb.png.1650d42ffaf2589c22b103651524898c.pngimage.thumb.png.b09b225412129b599a92ae31f93882ab.png

image.thumb.png.8542dd9c36bc9f97764406d7aa6ed1f7.png

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I think we have convection and possibilities of thunder later on in the red circles but  if you’re in the circles I wish you luck for later or now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

Can't help thinking that MetO were a bit premature, especially at such short notice, in cancelling their rain warning for North Wales. Although more rain fell in the south, my own rain gauge still collected 33 mm in 24 hours to 9 am, as did Capel Curig (34 mm - no surprise there!). Lake Vyrnwy also got 21 mm, Bala 14mm and even Aberdaron still 13 mm, all within the range of the original warning text. Can't wait for drier weather to arrive!

Updated: 10:12 (UTC) on Sat 17 Feb 2024

Further details

Rain will move east across England and Wales during Saturday afternoon and night before clearing southeast England on Sunday morning. With this rain falling on already saturated ground, impacts are more likely. Many places are likely to see 10-15 mm of rain, although 30-40 mm is possible over higher ground in western areas. There is a small chance that rain hesitates as it clears east on Sunday morning which may allow these higher accumulations to fall in a few places across central, southern and eastern England. What should I do? Check if your property could be at risk of flooding. If so, consider preparing a flood plan and an emergency flood kit. Give yourself the best chance of avoiding delays by checking road conditions if driving, or bus and train timetables, amending your travel plans if necessary. People cope better with power cuts when they have prepared for them in advance. It’s easy to do; consider gathering torches and batteries, a mobile phone power pack and other essential items. Be prepared for weather warnings to change quickly: when a weather warning is issued, the Met Office recommends staying up to date with the weather forecast in your area.

View full warning details and map view

Reason for update

Whilst rain is still expected across all of England and Wales later Saturday into early Sunday, the warning has been cancelled for much of north Wales and northern and western England as impacts are now less likely. The warning end time has also been brought forward.

• Like 1

Posted

Such weird weather patterns  ATM ,Winter isn't over until its over next weekend Storm approaching from the North.

Screenshot_20240218_151756_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

gfs 12z thursday

IMG_3061.png.b78bf6061f204429d1f4411d6b3

gfs then setting up for a northerly the following week

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

Pretty consistent outputs ,Downdwellinh on strat warming is underway let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

Posted

keithlucky glad I got the grass cut today!! 😀

• Like 2

Posted

andymusic we’ll keep our fingers crossed!  Not sure I can get excited about half a centimetre.  What are the temps looking like? 

Posted

Dxnielwashere Nothing in the way of thunder the westernmost of your circles. After a gloomy morning, the afternoon became gloriously sunny, although out of doors, it felt a lot chillier than the 13.5 °C the thermometer was registering. 

Posted

marclt To early to say around  7c   by day, heavier bursts of pp will drive temperatures down plus elevation will help,Unfortunately the strength of the sun will cause rapid melt this time of year but snow should settle overnight in places.Almost March now traditionally our snowiest period in Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'm back from Finland, you can see my photos and full post in the Nordic section!

• Like 3

Posted

Thursday  looks like it will be at its warmest at midnight and temperatures  keep falling until the next day, might be feeling quite cold then and the possibility of snow? fingers crossed because I've had snow but it all melted overnight and it was barely even sprinkling,

Posted

andymusic Probably wont happen here because we are just outside the valleys and from my house almost every winter you see snow up the valley and down here we get sleet or rain but fingers crossed...

• April 2024 - Was it that cold overall? A look at the statistics

General perception from many is that April was a cold month, but statistics would suggest otherwise, with the average temperature for the whole month coming in just above the 30 year average for the UK as a whole. A warm first half to to the month averaged out the cold second half. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Bank Holiday Offers Sunshine and Showers Before High Pressure Arrives Next Week

The Bank Holiday weekend offers a mix of sunshine and showers across the UK, not the complete washout some forecasting models were suggesting earlier this week. Next week, high pressure arrives on the scene, but only for a relatively brief stay. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather