Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

Still forecasted heavy thundery showers over the next few days forecasted.So further temporary snow cover possible as dewpoints are driven down in heavier bursts overnight.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

20240328_003131.thumb.jpg.7d991853c82443b21b8b294065e0b888.jpg

Another shot from last nights heavy snow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Posted

Here's a video of around midnight last night. You can see just how heavy it came down totalling around 2 inches in just under 40 minutes 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

Heading straight for us!

Screenshot_20240331_200136_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Bartlett High yep got caught in that on the way home late from Milford Haven last night - lots of flooding about - so the water table is quite high now - doesn't take much for floods to occur at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Currently having a heavy shower. Having looked at the met office, the average annual rainfall at St Athen by me is 1043mm and I've already recorded 594mm in the first quarter of the year. Could do with getting a few weeks of warm dry weather to help dry the ground out a bit, as im sure many areas need!

• Like 3

Posted

Weird weather lately...

It did snow last week but nothing of note...but we ve had 2 impressive hailstorms one last week which ended on some snow then an overhead crack of thunder...Following day 2 rumbles of thunder to the east..

And today very loud hailstorm big hailstones which hurt and impressive clouds and another overhead rumble of thunder nice...Ground is still extremely wet..after the very long wet spell since last july..

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

What is wrong with the MetO computer? Over the last few weeks their numerical output has on several occasions been coming up with some astonishing wind speeds that luckily never materialized. The latest corker projects 86 mph gusts this coming Saturday for Penygroes less than 2 miles away. For the same time the BBC reaches 48 mph and NW model 56 mph, both are plausible looking at the corresponding fax chart, but 86mph??? Also notable has been the frequent drastic up and down of wind speed from update to update. Is the poor computer suffering from dengue fever???🤔 Having a less than perfect roof I could do without such an excitable machine!! 😩

image.thumb.png.c1dbc6ee758ff73ade539a5b52e88109.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 20-37-11 Penygroes (Gwynedd) weather.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Wetterfrosch 86mph!!!! I do hope not.😟

Our worst winds last winter peaked at just 57mph and that already caused some downed tress and power outages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes

The plot thickens! While the laptop version now offers me 96 mph, the same page on my smart phone 'only' tops at 60 mph at exactly the same time. All wind values are much lower there while everything else is absolutely the same. Therefore it must be a technical issue (or are Russian hackers are at work?) which explains the volatility of the laptop version.🤔

Mobile phone:

Screenshot_20240403-001030.thumb.png.efc08c48168e3e208ba9669db4548de3.png

Laptop:

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 23-54-29 Penygroes (Gwynedd) weather.png

Edited by Wetterfrosch

Posted

Now who's a wally?🙄Turns out that my extraordinary wind speeds are actually in km/h which took some coincident to reveal itself. Why didn't i think of that before? 🤔No idea when or how the units got changed and now i feel so embarrassed to appear so brain dead.😳🫣 Anyway, i still don't look forward to even the 60 mph gusts still consistently forecast for Saturday.

Posted

60 mph is quite bad enough! 

Mixing units can happen to anyone. According to one report released after an investigation, one of the joint NASA/ESA Mars landers crashed because NASA was using metric measurements while ESA had decided to use imperial. 

On a more local note, at least the week of drier weather gave me a chance to strim the top off of most of the lawn. There’s no way I could have used the mower on it, though. I’d just have just ripped the grass out by its bedraggled roots. 

• Like 1

Posted

We got to 50mph last here with the lashing rain it was quite a stormy night. More wind and rain to come.

Posted

10th Anniversary of (cyling) Battle on the Beach at Pembrey tomorrow.

I've done probably 7 of them? Obviously none during Covid.

I can recall one event being damp, but most of them being glorious and, remarkably, with an easterly (we travel NE up the beach then into the singletrack) and repeat.

And, being on the beach/forest, it's always dry.

For tomorrow's race the route has changed because the forest is largely flooded, which is pretty unprecedented even in the depths of winter. And it looks like we face a 49mph gusting SW'erly. Not in your face but enough to really make it a bit grindy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Will this rain never end?  Hopes of being in sodden garden dashed yesterday as more sodd’ng rain tipped down.  Wettest of wet dog walks too.  Bah humbug!

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 2

Posted

Update on my race as a barometer of where we are.

I've never seen Pembrey like it. We crossed about 3 rivers which are not rivers, just hollows. Knee deep. Deep mud in places. Just awful. And did 4km (twice) along the beach into 50mph crosswinds (awful).

We always get caught up in anecdote over statistics. But I think all our anecdotes this year are spot in. Just the worst.

• Like 1

Posted

snefnug signs of some slighty warmer weather except for a couple of days next week but also dryer weather in the medium to longer term - hopefully!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

andymusic currently warmer for sure,  but either continuous  mizzle or rain and more cloud , mizzle rain in forecast.  Hey ho!

Posted

17127589258886872485016042667296.thumb.jpg.fea859550167ca7505b1a50ed3305f38.jpg

Fog, mist and drizzle sums up the day after heavy rain earlier. Like something out of a horror movie this weather is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Marcus_surfer looks like you’ve got the milder airmass moving , hence the advection fog ….

Posted

ANYWEATHER oh yes always the same, up to 11.8C now was 9c earlier.

Posted

Just ceaseless drizzle here, and my running rainfall total for the year has just passed a metre. 

Posted

medium term forecasters seem convinced that April will end with a cold blast and so does the gfs for about a week

• Insightful 1

• Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Warming up this week but looking mixed for Bank Holiday weekend

In the sunshine this week, it will feel warmer, with temperatures nudging up through the teens, even past 20C. However, the Bank Holiday weekend is looking a bit mixed. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts