Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I looked at the following headline and thought, who the hell writes, this stuff?  

UK weather: Warning Beast from the East return with late-winter snow to cover Britain

Story by Nathan Rao • 2h

Then I saw the name of Nathan Rao, our old sensationalist Weather nonsense stories friend, and realised  that garbage News Channel GB News had resurrected his Journalistic career.

image.thumb.png.a3f470415757705a8aa4715e8d49da06.png

0c at 6 A,M, on a late February Morning, how ever will Londoners cope??

Regards,

Tom Q.  😱

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tom Quintavalle One must always follow the Gbeebies for an insane insight into the weather. . . And, for anything else! And Rees-Mogg might lose his seat at the next GE, when the boundary changes come into effect!! 👍

• Like 4

Posted

Methuselah

One can only hope and pray, Pete!!

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Tom Quintavalle He is their in-house ahem meteorologist, that pretty much tells you everything you need to know about GB news.💩 Sensationalist drivel, a bit like our very own model waffle output thread.😆

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I don't know about pancakes, but this will (according to some) be my cat, this time next week: 😁

image.thumb.png.8dd7b334d919f2338e772d236b00847d.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Methuselah only one way to find out, let us ask the 'experts' in the flat as a pancake model input argument thread👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Bogman I was still listening to him on Kent radio, met him at Christmas, at a party.

Posted

lassie23

In honour of your comment on another Thread, Lass. 

"got more chance of an STD giving us a cold spell than an SSW"

Happy V.D., and to all the Ladies in the South East Region.

Don't shoot the messenger Ladies, you know what I mean, 'Arry!!.

In other romantic news,

During this Week 14 Years ago, Yours Truly slipped a disc carrying this lump over the threshold:

image.png.313258d85e54c0e651230b0e7abed5e4.png image.png.3d82cdebe017b2fc242eada82e725257.png

Only joking, Colette!! My bride was very trim, and looking every Day of the 10 Years younger than her old f--t, of a Bridegroom.

14 Years is also a very long time, in Weather terms.

Although it's almost impossible to see, there was actually Snow grains in the air, when we posed for our Wedding photos, outside of Sidcup Registry Office:
image.png.33e07c157fd54a58a46663555d5d684f.png

Had we got married this Week, no doubt the confetti in my Bride's hair, would've been of the Cherry Blossom variety,

You will notice that my Bride's Wedding Dress is a sort of Cream/Ivory colour, rather than White.

That "ship had sailed", a  number of Years earlier.

Only joking again, Sweetheart.

Meanwhile back in Weather related news, Julien has got himself in a right tizz over his Maddening Oscillation -

image.thumb.png.f6a744ea98c2fa8f5cb6dc6ae65617ce.png

As we can see below, Julien has gone mad with his colouring pencils, again!!: 

image.png.782ffca186442a55d2bb7253400867dd.png

But with just a couple of Weeks left of this pathetic excuse of a Winter.

It looks very much a Win for Lassie's O.F.I. [October Fog Index].

No Fog sighted in my neck of the Woods, back in October.

This correlates with my own index. That being the October Fox Index.

The writing was on the wall for this Winter, when our Resident Fox [Vicky Vixen], could be heard many times in the middle of the Night in October, screeching her Christmas number One from last Year.

You may recall [or NOT], it was a warning that the much sought after HLB [High Latitude Blocking], after a promising start early last December, was about to vanish without trace.

And so it came to pass, and has not shown it's hand so far this Winter.

To end this lament to Winter on a musical note, below is Vicky Vixen's Cousin Kate  Brush, Brother of Basil, with that lament to the non appearance of Greenland/Scandinavian Highs - Wuthering  Withering Heights:

Don't exaggerate Kate it's not that cold, and you and Heathcliff can forget about coming through our window, 

Had my breakfast watching the Manager from the Val Thorens Ski Resort in the French Alps, stating that due to their high altitude, they've had a good Ski Season, whilst Ski Resorts much lower down, have had a poor Ski Season.

Then had to watch Tomasz Schafernaker claim it was going to get even milder.

From One Tom to another, leave it out matey!!

Right, with that I'll make my exit and this Morning, I don't need to get my coat!!

A crazy 12C up the road from here, at London City Airport.

image.thumb.png.2cca34a3c43467b2e85f0533934e82cf.png

Roll on Spring, put us Coldies out of our misery!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Already a balmy 10.6 today and will probably get to 12 degrees today,13 or 14 tomorrow and that’s with the prospect of little or no sun!!Looked at Mod thread about 10pm last night and checked just now and only 3 posts in about 9 hours!!That says it all and think everyone has given up on this winter me included.Roll on spring👍🌞

• Like 2

Posted

Oh dear it seems we are on the cusp of ringing the death knell on yet another snowless winter for most of us in EA/SE  🙃

Roll on the new thunderstorm season!!! 

On the plus side it's going to feel very spring like over the coming days.... 

• Like 3

Posted

Well, due to my bus journey taking half an hour to travel 1 mile across Blackheath, by the time i got to Westminster the rain had stopped 😄 

Grrr, i hate commuting in London.... normal bus journey in the morning of 10 miles distance usually takes an hour forty-five minutes; and its half term down here.

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Dull and dreary here - will be nice to see some spring sunshine, my bulbs are ahead of themselves due to the mildness I suppose but no chance of getting outside to enjoy the garden today ! 
Oh and happy VD - we don’t really do the romantic stuff here but was out last night at the theatre and having a pub lunch today 😊

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Morning all, another wet morning, like we haven't had enough rain. I just hope the water companies don't announce a hosepipe ban in the summer, there'll be roots. Another hugely disappointing winter for most sadly, and I'm wanting spring. You watch winter arrive, next month, when most want some warm days. Anyway, off to find a canoe, have a good day all. 

• Like 3

Posted

Tom Quintavalle hmm, you could be right, we did have some minor fogs in October, and got a little snow in December.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

I've a sunburst rodadendrem, or however you spell it to plant, I've been holding fire as it says wait till after last frost, well I think I'm just gonna plant it next dry day, now, as it's just not happy indoors. I bet the cold charts then flood back lol.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Glad I cut the lawn yesterday. Heavy rain here this morning, looking forward to the springlike day tomorrow. Another lunch outside in the garden hopefully.

Posted

TROY sounds like tomorrow is when I pkant my plant, and some bulbs, plus try out my new mini chain saw on the mulberry tree, unfortunately male, in my garden. Has got to thick for lopers, well someone strong could probably still do it, but not me lol 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

15c at the moment it's so nice to be working outside in t-shirt again shorts still in hibernation though 

• Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow