Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

2 flashes 2 rumbles and one was in the forth decently close really

Screenshot-20240212-212045-Chrome.jpgScreenshot-20240212-211756-Netweather-Ra

• Like 5

Posted

Was just coming on to say thunder, lightning and snow... weather type on the radar hasn't picked up on it for some reason though; still showing as rain...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Heavy hail and a bit of snow again @Ruzzi and we're on the heaviest of the next shower. No lightning this time because I stood at the window recording it... 

• Like 4

Posted

After a  very pleasant day yesterday  getting with some outside  jobs in garden and on farm today dawned bright with a ground frost at 1c. All downhill from here on with wind getting and squally showers by late afternoon. Maximum temperature 7c but much cooler this evening Lots of snow still on higher hills round Firth.Its beginning to look like Scottish skiers will get snow for the spring.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Another big squall with torrential hail here - second of the evening and there was a hail shower this afternoon too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Ross B

Screenshot_20240212_215236_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c265887828c96b9caf7c2f4296d0dab5.jpg

The worst of the second batch missing me to the south just by the hair of a baw 🙄

• Like 5

Posted

Local met station station shows a sharp temp decrease of 3c as soon as that first band hit. Fits in with how quickly it turned to snow. 

The second band was a mix of hail, sleet and rain. Nowhere near the intensity of the first band. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

So I wasn't imagining it...I thought I saw a couple of flashes earlier on then really heavy hail showers, I was out at the shops later on an it was snowing and 1deg/C showing on the motor.

Best wintry weather around here for a good while.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Covering of snow down to the Carpark at Glencoe tonight. Hopefully an improved picture up on the mountain, really need some mid-range ability level terrain because there has been nothing between complete beginner nursery areas and a few runs between CairnGorm and Glencoe that are only suitable for expert skiers and boarders presently!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Says it's 5c but waiting on a bus in that perpetual wind it feels subzero 🥶

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

TillyS get out and make most of it tomorrow,  as turning a lot milder following days 

Edited by johncam
  • Like 2

Posted

Another cold day with a fresh west wind ground frost in the morning which lay all day .in the shade. Ground has lost of surface water. Currently 3c.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Milder into the weekend dble digits likely n looks fairly wet for the next 10 days here out in the west. Hoping that we can somehow eek out some wintery weather for us south of the Highlands end of Feb / early march. A winter that promised but failed to deliver locally. I just hope spring and summer doesn't disappoint..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Another cold day with a fresh west wind ground frost in the morning which lay all day .in the shade. Ground has lost of surface water. Currently 3c.

Pretty much the same here for the day, some good sunshine too.  The frost lifted completely here in the wind.

I'm seeing signs of a cool down later next week perhaps?

• Like 1

Posted

Some hard frosts last few days, still some smatterings of snow remnants here, evidenced by @TillyS post, I believe the last pic is a house the other side of the river from us 👋

I could be wrong but yesterday morning it looked like an Arcus or ‘shelf’ cloud across the moray firth. That’s about as exciting as the weather gets just now 

IMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.44b8e348d80e2b84999d97294c3d2405.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow