Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Washout winter/spring, then BBQ Summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

BruenSryan I certainly remember them as wet months! If March 2018 hadn't seen two snowy episodes, it would have been excessively dull and wet. I vividly remember March 30th, 2018 being absolutely horrible; dark skies and heavy rain all day with rain covering much of the country, stuck and unable to move. Came in a spell of almost zero sunshine between about March 22nd to around April 10th-ish. People remember April 2018 for the heatwave but forget the incessant cloud and held back daytime maxima in the first half and also the exceptionally unsettled end with an area of low pressure stuck in the North Sea (IIRC) and heavy rain and strong winds battering all day on the 29th. I remember that at one point people were wondering if it was going to be cold enough for snow but it wasn't in the end. 

Edited by LetItSnow!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

BruenSryan Interesting, the rain never jumped out. March in particular seemed cold and dry with occasional snow but perhaps I missed a few fronts across the south. 

April is clearly wet for April but below 100mm which is why I will have deemed it forgettable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Sorry please delete - misread something.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

1983 fits the bill for me ..wet spring followed by a hot summer..somebody mentioned 1995..wet winter but in my location spring was very dry 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

cheeky_monkey I've heard good things about 1983. Though I was around, I don't remember much about it. Would be happy to see out those months again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

2018 is one of the best examples of a very cold March transitioning to a very wet first half of April to a sudden flip to warm, then hot and sunny for most of the next 4 months. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

BlueSkies_do_I_see i was at school in 1983...July 83 was very similar to August 95..an easterly month from memory so was a dry heat 

• Like 1