Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 30th May 2005

SizzlingHeat

Posted

storm developing in Bexleyheath. Large storm cloud, had a couple of rumbles of thunder so far......

Edit: Storm didnt really come to much. No lightening and a bit of fine rain. Around 4 rumbles of thunder all together and it seems to be passing now.

Edited by snow raven

Posted

3 Claps of thunder, torrential rain and a large, possibly damaging, tornado here in Soham (South Eastern Cambridgeshire). It was very stormy indeed with large pea sized hail smashing down, looked like the storms they get in Texas :D . Vue pictures in storms and extreme weather section..

Matt :( !!

Guest Mr_S

3 Rumbles of thunder so far.... 10mins, now brightening up again

Fun while it lasted :( lol

Edit: jus as i send this.... now 4! :D make up ya mind lol

Edited by Mr_S

Posted

Just heard an amazing series of thunder and lightening. Each about a few minutes apart, been raining heavily as well...

WBSH

3 Claps of thunder, torrential rain and a large, possibly damaging, tornado here in Soham (South Eastern Cambridgeshire). It was very stormy indeed with large pea sized hail smashing down, looked like the storms they get in Texas  ;) . Vue pictures in storms and extreme weather section..

Matt      ;) !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG tornados?? I'm in cambridge, must have slept through all the fun bits. But its starting to get very black now....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I can confirm a storm over Croydon (south London) around 12.15, lightening and torrential rain.Only visiting the reltives ;)

Posted

A heavy shower this evening around 6pm gave a rumble of thunder.

Posted

My only storm this year was a whi9le back and i cant remember the date, but it was very small with 3 rumbles of thunder.

I'm just thinking whether there was any more - cant think of any..............

oh yes, late at night back in april, 4 big rumbles or something like that....

been fairly quiet in storm terms however we have missed about 10 which have travelled just to the north/west/east/south of us!!!

i'm in Ware, Herts by the way.

Posted

2 Storms from yesterday, the 1st at about 1245pm with a Thunderbolt which must have been close, lightning and instant thunder which shook the house, 2nd storm at about 4pm with a few crashes of thunder. Screwed the BBQ Up just a tad!!

Paul Sherman

Posted

Yes like to verify Paul's assertion there. A thunderbolt in the direction of Hockley Woods in the storm circa 13.00 whilst I was in Rayleigh and then another storm at about 16.15 with cg observed over Southend.