Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports Sat 10th Sept 05

Paul Sherman

Posted

Could be some residual overnight Storms to report and also a convective day for many in England, Please post your reports here.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
Wow im surprised no reports yet!

CC lightning 5.15 am - not much jus the odd couple of flashes and some rain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didnt see any lightning in dartford :angry:

Posted

Can also hear thunder to my North - the rumbles getting louder also, no lightning visible though.

Paul Sherman

Posted

rain very very heavy and i videod clouds that were circulating and movingin all directions havent a clue what it was but is was impresive now torrential rain 4 15 mins solid cant here if any thunder rains to load no lightning ithink but its flooding roads back garden front garden wow willtry and post pics and video l8r or 2moz have to go to work soon

time 15:51 rain now easing system moving nothwest i think

post-1430-1126364290_thumb.jpg

post-1430-1126364305.jpg

post-1430-1126364317.jpg

post-1430-1126364323_thumb.jpg

Edited by fuzion

Posted

tim

cool your pics r better than mine i was using a phone thats not waterproof so i could not stand out and get it wet and the vid is not very good u can not see what i could c with the naked eye.but the clouds were definetly doing wierd things circulatin and in all directions at one point i thought its was a funnel droping down but im no expert but its a shame i dont have a proper video cam

Edited by fuzion

Posted

Numerous fairly distant rumblings heard here 2 miles north of High Wycombe. Sky very dark to the south/south-west which is where the rumbles are coming from. It is SLOWLY edging closer!

Fingers crossed!!

Got soaked in torrential rain in High Wycombe at 1550. Several loud rumbles but no visible lightning. A sultry 21.5C here at home and still dry. Rumbings very gentle.

Posted
tim

cool your pics r better than mine i was using a phone thats not waterproof so i could not stand out and get it wet and the vid is not very good u can not see what i could c with the naked eye.but the clouds were definetly doing wierd things circulatin and in all directions at one point i thought its was a funnel droping down but im no expert but its a shame i dont have a proper video cam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL yes I'm very wet now! didnt wear a coat still wet now but no point in drying off as knowing me I'll still go back out in it if it looks like something interestings happening

Posted

Didcot Oxfordshire:

Humidity: 88%

Wind: N/14 km/h

Visibility: 7.00 km

Dewpoint: 18°

Barometer: Unknown

Sunrise: 6:32

Sunset 19:3

Slow moveing thundery showers no lightning "yet". Very dull cloudy day.Very frequent thunder.

Edited by StormChaser

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had some very heavy rain, which was then followed by a loud long rumble of thunder.

Posted

2nd storm of the day, this one may go on for quite a while as its expanding along the whole eastern horizon, got thunder bout every 30secs

Posted

A four year itch has been stratched!!! The most HEAVIEST rain i've seen in a long time, too much for my pipes! ... and now my road has turned into a lake. Flahes of thunder and lightening too! :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Dark clouds, lightning and thunder just to the north of Crawley, Was cycling home at the time. Seems fairly distant, maybe about 10 miles north/north east

It is Dark from north west to the north east, the east is dark clouds. To the south lighter clouds and to the west broken clouds with sun.

Very humid and the birds are quiet :angry:

*Added - Just saw the UKstorms sferics page and all of a sudden, losts of strikes appear in last 10 mins.

Edited by MPfreeUK

Posted

Had a storm around 6.30pm, heavy rain, very little in the way of thunder and lightning, but what there was......wow! Lightning hit just across the road and there was the loudest clap I have ever heard, rattled the house big time! to the point things feel of the shelf :o Another one on route now, can hear it in the distance, getting camcorder out this time, hopefully get a few shots!