Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 28th Feb 2006

Posted

just had a brief albeit light snow/hail shower

Nice bit of cloud appearing over the Malverns on the webcam at the moment

Edited by snowhope

Posted

Well folks what a day of snow in Aberdeen!!! Jst back from work and this must be one of the best snow days I can remember. Frequent heavy snow showers which mounting accumulations during the day. I'll try and get a depth later but I'm quite confident we'll surpass the 1 foot mark by the end of the week.

Posted

Heavy snow shower at 5:10pm, temp dropping from 5.6C to 3.3 in 15mins during snow shower.

Nice to see the first heavy snow shower of the winter, would be at the end though! :D

Posted

I wouldn't have thought it possible for the average snow per snow day to have fallen any lower here in Stratosshire, but it has. This afternoon, from all but clear skies, we had at least 100 or so snowflakes faffing around in the wind. The most snowless unwarm snowy winter on record continues with reckless abandon.

Posted

Had a few light snow flurries through the day from partly cloudy skies. Mainly from lunchtime onwards. Frost hasn't melted today.

Posted

Have just had a very heavy snow shower has settled very lightly on the grass and pavements but clear skies again, hopefully there will be lots more to come though!

Posted
Well that was a complete non-event. It came over all dark, a few snow flakes began to fall, and the next thing I know, the clouds break up to leave a clear blue sky. Calling it a snow shower would be an overstatement - more like a few flurries than a snow shower that. :D

wasnt it just, although at least we had biggish flakes here rather than the haily stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful snow blizzard just over here. Now heading off to the southeast. 2.5cm on the ground. Will post photos in the photography section very soon.

Posted

Just a quick post as I have got to get to Aberdeen Airport!!

We have had a lot of snow showers today, it is hard to estimate amounts and it is drifting so much, but I would say 2-3inchs maybe more. I have seen drifts of a foot of so, will update later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had a very heavy snow shower around 3.30pm, started to settle but then it stopped, sun came out and it's all gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

a fair few showers of graupel and snow during this afternoon, about 15 in total since about midday- quote a few this morning too

Posted
wasnt it just, although at least we had biggish flakes here rather than the haily stuff

Heavy drifting snow showers all day here on the south side of the Moray Firth became almost continuous this afernoon 10 to 15cm but difficult to measure. We are at 80 metres a.s.l. with a daytime max of 0c , currently -1c with plenty of heavy snow showers to the north heading our way.Schoolchildren on country buses were sent home at lunchtime. Pure arctic day!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

It's been snowing on and off since yesterday evening here. Total stands at about 3 inches, drifting to over a foot in places. However, nearer the coast where a lot more showers have been falling it's not accumulating as easily, so they've probably had more snow, but less to show for it. I couldn't count the individual showers which have come through, but probably as many as 20 :D They don't tend to last long before being replaced by 15 minutes of glorious sunshine, then more snow and hail.

Current back yard picture,

Snow6.JPG

Posted
It's starting again in Bristol but only soft hail at present.

No the Sun's set, this could be very interesting.

Turned to decent flakes for a time, nowhere near as heavy as this afternoon's deluge.

Posted

a few showers today -

- 8am this morning quite a heavy shower left a dusting

- 3:15pm a longish snow shower but didnt settle

- 3:30pm a heavy snow shower, didnt settle

- 4:30pm a white out! large snow flakes falling for 10 minutes and left a disting in places

nothing but that, hopefully a more substantial covering in the next few days although with northerlies its unlikely.

Posted

It snowed in Birmingham/Solihull this afternnon between 16:30 and 17:00, small dry flakes that blew around in the wind - it was sunny at the same time though so nothing settled for long even thouigh the temperature fell to 1'C pretty quickly.

Posted

2 snow showers today

1 at 13.30 long and heavy didn`t settle

2nd at 17.00 short sharp shower did settle but mostly gone now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
** HUGE ** snowstorm in Bristol!!!!

:D:D:D:D

I caught this as I went to pick someone up at Bristol Airport at 1530 (about 6 miles SW of the City and at about 190m ASL)....

.... :D It's been a good few years, probably about 20, since I've seen such large flakes and visability down to about 100m. :D I just wish I could have stayed but we had to be somewhere else. I only hope we get something like this in Yeovil on Friday. Not nice to drive in though. It must have eventually left a good few cms as it was starting to stick to the wet road, even under heavy traffic.