Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports 28th Feb 2006

Posted

More heavy snow showers, whiteout comditions at times. 4cm covering with large drifts forming now!

Posted
** HUGE ** snowstorm in Bristol!!!!

:D:D:D:D

It certainly was a cracker. Approx 4 cm of lying snow in next to no time. Still approx 2cm in the shaded areas, with another snow shower 30 mins ago to leave a dusting and keep the lying snow topped up. Temp now minus 0.8, so should still be a nice sight to wake up to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

light snow showers here, snow showers also at half five. Still about just under a cm a snow in areas where the sun didn't shine today.

Posted

Had a few showers today. Most were quite short apart from a heavy one late this afternoon, which gave a covering that melted as soon as the sun got to it. Max temperature 3C.

Posted
It certainly was a cracker. Approx 4 cm of lying snow in next to no time. Still approx 2cm in the shaded areas, with another snow shower 30 mins ago to leave a dusting and keep the lying snow topped up. Temp now minus 0.8, so should still be a nice sight to wake up to.

I reckon the reason this snow shower was so heavy was it picked up a little moisture as it crossed the Severn Estuary.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

I always forget to post in here so although I can't compete with aberdeen :) , had a snow shower of course whilst I was on this comp and didnt realize till shockingly saw some lying snow outside, it just goes to show how timing is important at this time of year, snow settled and now already down to -1.7 here, lovely end to the official winter :) .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Heavy snow shower, decent covering with drifting. The sky is bright green

Posted

Currently -o.4 outside and dropping quickly when its not snowing. Had some cracking showers and starting to get quite frequent. There has been talk on the local NI weather of 2 inches to most parts and the potential for 4 inches on the higher ground. Will be getting some pics later if poss.

Posted

It's just started snowing in Market Drayton, Shropshire, after having to watch snow showers passing either side of us this afternoon and evening! Current temp 0c. Not much at the moment but anything is a bonus! :)

Posted

Well well well!

Spent all evening on this forum and only went and missed a heavy snow shower!

It's white outside now, roads, cars, pavements, everything! :)

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

No snow for about an hour or so, but have had plenty today, with the snow lying eventually. Should see more overnight, so the morning could be interesting.

Posted
Hi all:

Snowing quite heavily in Shetland again.

The wind has now veered North-Easterly and is touching 40kts gusting 45kts.

Frequent snow showers still falling here on the south side of the Moray Firth 60 to 80 cm drifts at the back door of the house so it looks as if I will have to dig the car out of the garage in the morning if the roads are open. Currently-2c , its been a while since we"ve had such an intense wintry spell

Posted

Better late than never, had a Blizzard at around 2:30 this afternon here in Colchester, North Essex. Heaviest snow i have seen for some time and the convection was quite amazing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

A few small snow showers today, good sunny spells between. No accumulations.

Posted

OMG THIS IS UNEXPECTED.

2 INCHES OF SNOW

A BLIZZARDS BEEN GOING ON FOR 30 MINS

NOW COVERED EVERYWHERE

Edited by conor123

Posted

We've had sprinklings of snow all afternoon and even 10 mins of what resembled a blizzard but it hasn't settled as yet. Temperature dropping rapidly so fingers crossed for tonight/tomorrow!

Posted
A complete whiteout here now, will try to measure the depth but the wind is making it almost impossible.

Same here Triumph - Frequent moderate snow/snowgrain showers continuing here in Aberdeen. Will I get a foot of snow in my back garden by Friday??? :)