Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow And Wintry Precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Snowing atm in Biggin Hill...even starting to stick to the roads!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
Finally it has started snowing here! :D and it is settling :D

B***** Hell ! You're not that far from me and all I have is just drizzle ! Drizzle I ask you !

Bit of an anti climax for me today sadly but glad most of you got something out of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Still snowing here...about 1 to 1.5 inches on the road/pavements and about 2 on the grass.

And i've seen some of the biggest snowflakes ever in my life. £2 coin and bigger :D

Posted

Had 1cm from yesterday's heavy snow shower, which cleared through by about 6 in the evening.

Very nearly 6 months now from the first lying snow of the 'winter' last Nov

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Just had a text from a friend in Turners Hill WEst Sussex saying they had about 6" of snow in the night and everyone is going mad down there making snowmen !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
Oh well just as i thought it was going to start to settle on the grass it decides to stop.Here is a pic of the falling snow at 18:33 post-5458-1144607882.jpg

Hi AC,

Just seen your posts after mine.Yes it looks like i just missed the snow,but next to Abingdon i must live in the least snowiest part of the UK,lol.

Best regards,Phil.

Posted

It snowed heavily in Kings Hill from about 2100, settling from 2200, until 0100 whereafter it was much lighter.....I was out until about 1200 and when I came in there was roughly 6inches of lying snow! However, some of it has already melted and what is left is thawing fairly quickly; I would say about four inches remain. Temperatures dropped quite suddenly from about 4.2 to 2.1 and then remained at 1.4 whilst is was snowing, dropping slightly once it cleared. Attached is a picture from last night, more can be found in the photography forum for those that are interested (http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=29442)!

post-5276-1144658880_thumb.jpg

Posted

quite a bit here last night too. it had been sleeting for a while and didn't think it'd turn to anything else, but a quick peer round the curtains before i went to bed at 1230 revealed a scene of white. popped outside to measure, just over 1cm on cars and grass, slushy stuff on roads and pavements. watched intermittently from window for a while, more definitely accumulated before turning back to sleet at about 0130. all gone now though!

Posted

Well yesterday we had alot of heavy snow showers, but only really gave a dusting. Today had a dusting overnight, but didn't hang about long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet started to fall at 0850 b.s.t.

a 50:50 mix of snowflakes and rain with the temp' at 2.7c.

T.M

Posted

It was very cold and windy this morning with a few hours of heavy sleet. Snow flakes clearly visible. This turned back to rain during the morning and bacame rather mild.

Posted

It was snowing a bit on shining tor in the lake district but it turned to rain.

P.S. Terminal moraine, is there still snow on the highest peaks in the peak district?

Edited by guitarnutter

Posted
It snowed heavily in Kings Hill from about 2100, settling from 2200, until 0100 whereafter it was much lighter.....I was out until about 1200 and when I came in there was roughly 6inches of lying snow! However, some of it has already melted and what is left is thawing fairly quickly; I would say about four inches remain. Temperatures dropped quite suddenly from about 4.2 to 2.1 and then remained at 1.4 whilst is was snowing, dropping slightly once it cleared. Attached is a picture from last night, more can be found in the photography forum for those that are interested (http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=29442)!

Wow, some of those flakes looked as large as the palm of an adult's hand!

Posted

Just a few remnants of something frozen in the heavier showers this morning, but it melted very quickly on impact: wouldn't have spotted it but for the fact that I was sat under one of the velux windows and the rain wsa splatting pretty hard. I had dismissed it as anything other than melted hail, which it might have been (though not likely from the NS/SC cloud we have this morning), but with the temp lower down the valley at Bingley at only 5C I suppose there's just a chance that it might have been last vestiges of snow.