Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 10/06/06 To 13/06/06

Stuart

Posted

had a few rumbles of thunder here during a heavy shower cleared now. but i can see towering clouds in the distance heading my way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

1st storm of the year......5 strikes per minute.....all cc at the moment....heavy rain at the mo

Posted

HI AJ,

Storm started at 3.00am. 21 strikes in the last minute, as I made a cup of tea. Slightly less in the last miute. No way I could sleep through this. The storms are centred some 30 miles to the west of us yet, according to the lightning detector, but that never seems to put the storms in the same place as the rainfall radar! (I know there is a time lag in updating the rainfall radar). The rain is heavy, constant and increasing in intensity, as is the storm. Thunder is almost constant with little time in between on roll and the next. Rolls, not cracks, which fits with the storm not being overhead.

This is the first time in 8 years of being here that thunder and lightning has got me out of bed. I hope my youngest can sleep - her last AS level exam is tomorrow. No noises, so crossed fingers on that one!

Paul

3.49. This storm is passing to the west of me, travelling North. Rainfall and lightning is easing. Should reach South Wales in the next hour. or so. as a result, it is settling down a little now, but there's a lot of storms to come, looking at the radar and the lightning detector has a new batch, formed only in the last half-hour, SW of Finisterre, in Brittany and heading North on a similar track. Sleep is needed. I rather hope they head out west, but I think they have our name on them for about 4.30/5.00 am!

Edited by Dawlish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mixed winters and springs, thundery summers and meditteranean autumns

Very dark, with frequent lightning on the western side of the sky from 6 to 6-25 am. Quite loud thunder for a time too - but has all moved away northwards. Increasing large spots of rain at current.

Very sticky at 19. 4º c in a very light SSE breeze.

Posted

I can hear deep rumbles out to the west of Swindon.Strikes showing up well on various lightening sites too but not quite here. :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

According to my Mum (god love her) two rumbles recently, and judging by recent rainfall shes not joking.

Hey up, can confirm myself another rumble of thunder just now.

Posted

1st storm moved to the NW around 05.15-06.00.

Main storm : Had a cool storm move just to the W-NW-N of here between 06.00-07.00. Regular IC and CC lightning and a few CG strikes, heard some great crackling sounds at 06.30 when the rain was at its heaviest. 5mm of rain in 10 minutes - the first measurable rain of the month.

Currently another cell to the SE, have heard a couple of distant rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

We were awoken with three wonderful cracks of thunder around 6.00am - the storms are moving up from the channel with another approaching as I speak - the lightning is approx out at Bournemouth beach but moving inland rapidly - :angry:

Posted

Storm just after dawn, preceded by impressive downpour and then good period of heavy rain. Regular lightning with some very close, and some strong language too at that time in the morning. 13mm!

Posted
Storm just after dawn, preceded by impressive downpour and then good period of heavy rain. Regular lightning with some very close, and some strong language too at that time in the morning. 13mm!

Acouple of rumbles of thunder heard - first this year! but bright sunshine now ,,,, :angry:

Posted

Torrential downpour at 1:30am with thunder.

Thunderstorm passed east of here when i got up about 6am.

Posted

Woken by thunder at 6.38am. A few flashes and rumbles until about 7.15am followed by a heavy shower but all quiet now.

Edited by simon1

Posted

Just got home from work, new it would happen before I got home!

Impressive storm, very heavy rain & overhead lightning. I work at Bristol Airport & it got struck! knocked out phone lines and the Airports radar, nothing could take off for a while.

Posted

Rumbles of thunder since around 8am...

Flashes of lightning visible from about 8.15am.

Edited by Lady Penelope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just got woken upp by a bang of thunder, not happy! considering I went to get my camcorder out and the baterry ran out, useless heap of rubbiDoh a dumb swear filter got the better of me

Posted

Awoke at 7:30 to some distant CGs to me East and NW and rumbles of thuder. Quite suprised really, didnt think much would happen here today, and it might go off later!

Posted

Thunderstorm here at 05:55am lasted untill 06:45am moved off NE quiote fast clear skies behind. Saw 2 very close CG's and 1 CC , but that was all, lots of deep rumbling thunder though.

Posted

Thought I heard thunder in the distance at about 8am. Someone said it Nope - that swear filter is too clever for mesed it down in Lincoln at about the same time :huh: