Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 05th July 2006

Posted

Starting to thunder here - big cbs about and grey over the horizon to the south.

Second storm of the year - in 3 days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Fairly weak storm to my North between 2.15pm-3.00pm. Produced one CG and about 18 rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

This mornings storm didn'y last long, about an hour. Rain eased considerably for most of the morning after the initial thunderstorm but for the last hour it's be coming down bucket loads with some squawliness thrown in and just heard a rumble of thunder. Very low cloud base in area.

15.45pm Just to update: its rained so hard here we now have a flooded car park and the road at the bottom of our garden is flooded, guess there must be other areas of localised flooding now.

Edited by wallopweather

Posted

2006 Storm #3 is on top of us now - torrential rain - cracking lightning :(

Posted

The day ended as it started, sunny with some Cumulus clouds abot and also high cloud is present as well, also warm after some thunderstorms between 10am-3pm. Tghe sky this morning reminded me of the type of sky you get in the high humidty in the tropics.

Posted

John that must be the one we were on the back end of (it was to the front of us, North). We just had rumbles of thunder, didn't see any lightning, and it seems to have cleared north now, although the air still feels fairly heavy.

Posted

Well most of you reading the storms and extreme weather threads are probably already aware of the storm I just experienced.

I think is probably falls under the pulse storm category because at a visual inspection its intensity appears to have been enhanced by the hills in my area and it appears to have been a fairly short lived storm, as it looks to have lost its power once it cleared my area.

There wasn't much to the cloud as it moved in to my area, then it became quite heavily electrified throwing a lot of lightning out.

My StrikeAlert went mental as this happened.

The lightning activity then lowered as the rain fell only to become enhanced again once the rain stopped, it then came in pulses where there would be lots of local strikes producing very loud thunder.

Then it would calm down again with little or no rain, then there would be another wave of strikes which would last a few minutes.

The storm then departed my area after about 30 to 45 minutes and I have heard little more than a distant rumble since then and my strike alert has gone quiet as well.

I think it was indeed a pulse storm based off what I saw, I remember getting these up here during the hot humid summers of the early to mid 90's.

She was a good little storm though, very potent!

Posted

No storms today or any other day this year, and no future prospect of any.

Very dissapointing. :lol:

Edited by xanadu

Posted

Torrential rain and lots of thunder at approx 18:00, but not much in the way of lightening, that I could see! Lasted approx 15 mins, but was quite localised, because the streets around the corner wer bone dry! Not quite on the scale of Sundays storm, im pleased to say, but rain was very intense. Still very muggy...and can't sleep

Posted

I can confirm an overhead storm at 4.15am here in Swindon..............the house was shaking! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Been raining in Abingdon, Oxon constantly for almost 24 hours now. Everywhere completely flooded. Electrical activity has been low, until just before 5am when a strike took the power out for a couple of mins. Intensity and area of rainfall seems to be expanding according to the radar.

EDIT: second powercut for a few seconds about ten mins ago. Almost constant strikes now.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

Just finished night shift....what a night!

Drove down to Bristol from Swindon in constant heavy rain around 1.00am rained all night in Bristol ,the customers premises I was at started flooding at 5am! Just driven back in heavy,sometimes torrential rain, accompanied by sheet lightening (difficult to tell exactly what type as the visibility/cloud base is so low).

There will be localised flooding in parts of the west country if this keeps up. :lol:

WOTS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Thunder but no lightning before thundery rain yesterday afternoon after 2pm.