Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms reports for 10th & 11th October 2006

Stuart

Posted

Heavy storm from about 5.15am, lasting about an hour, with loud deep thunder and bright frequent lightning then another two cells gone through during the morning.

Posted

Not a bad storm-started about 6am this morning and lasted 30-45 mins. Was mostly to the north and moved west to east.Some heavy bursts of rain.

Posted

Woken at 2:35am by a storm that looked like it had been around a while as there were very frequent lightning and the thunder shook the house (takes that to wake me!) fierce storm for about 35 minutes then it seemed more to the south and rumbled on until gone 4:00am. Curses one and half hours sleep lost :doh: but worth it though :D

Checked rain gauge and 15mm rain overnight, not surprised as it was extremely heavy for quite a while even before I fell asleep again.

Overnight minimum temp a very warm 15.3, currently 16.1C and very stormy looking clouds,still raining.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Woken up around 1:30 by storm and very thundery rain, frequent lightning and very loud thunder.

Posted

Wow, since my last report just over 30 mins ago we have had another 7mm of rain, crossing the garden to check the gauge it was like a paddy field!

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Violent Storm from 06:00 to 07:50, Localised flooding, drains overflowing, loads of blue lightning.

Posted

Nice little overhead storm here in Manchester - frequent thunder & lightning

I'm sure I've just seen the newly operational Beetham Tower just lose it's lightning virginity :doh:

Edited by sconetone

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
Beetham Tower just lose it's lightning virginity :D

I like it lol.....

had a storm here at 7:30am localised flooding in places, nice lightning and the sky had a nice strange colour too, like dark orange and blue/grey :doh:

Posted

Just been speaking to my mum and she confirmed big storm in Reading for well over an hour, and still going strong.

Very very dark here in Slough and the rain just stared to fall, odd flash of lightning and rumble of thunder.

Posted

Now had 15mm rain since 9:30am, lots of reports of traffic chaos caused by the storm with roads closed because of localised flooding and the level crossing at Ford closed because lightning struck the box containing the equipment for lifting the barrier.

Posted
Now had 15mm rain since 9:30am, lots of reports of traffic chaos caused by the storm with roads closed because of localised flooding and the level crossing at Ford closed because lightning struck the box containing the equipment for lifting the barrier.

Woke up last night about 4.30am to some of the loudest thunder and most impressive lightning i've seen in this country for years.

Another storm passed with lots of thunder & intense fork lightning about an hour ago here in west sussex.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
:doh: overhead storm in Hastings 0730 -0800,plenty of fork lightning,rain moderate to heavy

Posted

Just had a amazing thunderstorm here in Bicester. Torrential rain, lightening, thunder - Wow. Power went off for a while - kids scared stiff! Off to pre-school now so will have to watch those floods!

Posted

wooo got thunder here :doh:

Rain is now bloomin heavy.. ooohh another flash... Nice to see storms this late in the year :D

Posted

Absolutely tipping down here at Cannon Street, bo thunder or lightening yet though.

Edited by Claire

Posted

Hi all

Been tipping it down for about 20 minutes here at London Bridge with the odd flash of lightening and thunder rolled in, nice to see some real weather...

Cheers

FC

more thunder and lghtening as I posted, quite rare in London this late in the year

Edited by frozencanals

Posted
Absolutely tipping down here at Cannon Street, bo thunder or lightening yet though.

Yep, got the thunder & lightening as well now. :)

Posted

Huge storm here in Barnstaple last evening and all night best storm i have seen since i was a kidd. Better than any summer storm to. We had the lot thunder lightning rain hail you name it it came down. all i can say is WOW.