Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Will it snow in......?

Posted
Damn - stupid me.

I've been thinking since last night that we're in with a big shout for a lot of snow, and only just realised we probably won't even get a blemish...

But just to clarify...Will West Yorkshire be seeing anything tonight/tomorrow?

If not, are we in with a shout for the weekends happenings?

anyone>?

Posted

Driving from Aylesbury to Heathrow - that will be erm... fun!!

West Yorkshire seems too far north at the current estimate - maybe some snizzle and overcast. Nothing spectacular.

Posted
Driving from Aylesbury to Heathrow - that will be erm... fun!!

West Yorkshire seems too far north at the current estimate - maybe some snizzle and overcast. Nothing spectacular.

And anything expected for Sat/Sun?

Posted

I have a colleague travelling up from Herts to Birmingham tomorrow. He is due to meet me at 10am. Looking at the risk of disruption, do you think he would get here?

I have told him of the snow risk but he seemed preety unimpressed and was still going to travel.

Posted

do you think Marks and Spencer in Kidderminster will get any snow tomorrow, as I have to take an item back and didn't want them to bring out some crazy "No refund if snowing" rule?

Posted

Mind you - it doesn't look too bad here in Doncaster - latest forecast from Hudson gets interesting at 12 noon, could have a couple of cm's by that.

I just wanna see a bit, that's all!!!!!

Posted
I used to work in Wordsley and people used to comment on the lack of snow in the Stourbridge area, but tomorrow looks like making up for that.

I can remember Jan 2004 when it snowed suddenly, it took 6 hours from West Bromwich to Wordsley then just outside Wordsley it was just a bit slushy and took about 15 mins from the Hospital to home in Kiddy.

Posted
Most ppn will have died out i think if it gets to you and may be rain if it is by looking at maps.

The place with the biggest snowfalls are:

West Midlands

Sw Wales

London

Central southern England (Northem parts)

These will all be able to see 15cm and i wouldnt be surprised if the odd 20cm got recorded.

Don't you think South Midlands have a good chance then?

BBC are now showing heavy snow all day in my area. (from 6am through to at least 3pm)

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The GFS12z has downgraded the snow event slightly though it remains an all snow event.

10cm (6z)

8cm (12z)

2cm (0z)

9cm (6z)

6cm (12z)

11cm (0z)

11cm (6z)

10cm (12z)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
Can anyone tell me what sort of depths can be expected in the Southend-On-Sea area of SE Essex please?

Yes I'd like to know too, i'm not too far from there.

Posted

does anyone know how much i should expect tomorrow in Grantham (aprrox 25 miles due east of Notiingham), as the metoffice places me between the 70% and 90% risk of disruption areas in their warnings.

Posted

Well,

Snow, sleet and rain moving into the SW quite readily now with a few heavty showers remaining around the NE England and Eastern Scotland (couple of CM tonight). This cold spell is quite potent in my view compared to what i thought it may be a few days ago, stay tune to the meto radar here. My earlier worries of snow not making the north east has been halted as the latest GFS run brings in persistant snow later with nightime snow showers providing a dusting... a new development to watch is saturday as another front bringing milder air will bring snow on its leading edge!

Here is the snow charts for the next few hours into Friday Midday-

Thurs 1200post-4252-1170874877_thumb.png

Thurs 1500post-4252-1170874883_thumb.png

Thurs 1800post-4252-1170874889_thumb.png

Frida 0000post-4252-1170874871_thumb.png

Frida 1200post-4252-1170874861_thumb.png

Really interesting developments... Upto 15 cm inland of the midlands and East Wales by along eastern coasts there is the possiblity for a few inches with one or two along the west if your lucky :rolleyes:

So interesting times ahead indeed, good luck and enjoy what you get :)

SNOW-MAN2006

Edited by SNOW-MAN2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm expecting isolated snow/sleet showers for Yorkshire as the front fragments and dies out during tomorrow.

We need an Easterly for any proper snowfall here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

What about the Southwest Pennines (200m)? Will our special needs lads transport get him to school before they have to fetch him home? He sets off at 8:30 and I've a feeling he wont be going.......

Posted

Interesting charts those Snow-man2006. Judging by that the best place to be post 12pm will be Derbyshire, Cheshire, Lancashire and South Yorkshire as these areas are constantly in the decent snowfall zone. I suspect that the truth is that the main snowbelt will be further south, though I am sure we will get some action in South Yorks.

Edited by Krasnoyarsk Yenesei

Posted
the temp is a msiive 0.6 and it starting to rise slightly, i get the feeling this is very very very bad (in wiltshire) . is the cloud coming in now so will temps rise further???

Temperatures may well continue to rise, im afraid :wallbash: however you can expect snow at 0.6 degrees.... but if it rises above 3 degrees then it will begin to turn wet... wiltshire wont get the main bulk of the snow

SM06

Posted

BBC says just sleet for me... but are they right? I'm 5 miles NW of Norwich city centre..

Gareth