• no
    • Get me outta here!
  2. 2. what do you value!

• Friends & Family
    • Knowledge
    • Nature and all its Greatness
    • Owning something
    • Living
  3. 3. If you had a chioce which one would you lose!

• Friends
    • Courage
    • Freedom
    • Strengh
    • Knowlidge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Seeing as this is science and nature I think we can digress a mo.

The human Brain undergoes a final 'spurt' of growth (and a lot more 'plumbing') during our early-late teens (which is why we loose our ability to communicate and become more 'dippy') so any contamination from chemicals that oughtn't to be there can have effects that last a life-time.

I imagine most kids run into 'pot smokers' and, along with alcohol, it may seem socially attractive to indulge.... this could could cost you you sanity and therefore a meaningful life.

The 'Genetic engineering' of the cannabis plant over the past 25yrs is well documented and strengths of THC have increased 10 fold from around 3% the weight of the solid to over 30% the weight of the solid.

Many 'oldies' may have smoked the stuff in there youths but todays 'weed' is a very different thing, especially on the developing brain which it will cripple if you have the 'wrong' DNA (1 in 4 do).

Grow up first (develop) and then do yourself harm if you must but don't mess with a growing mind or it will grow 'twisted'.

Sermon over.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I only had alcohol until I was 21 anyway (which I advise to everyone- don't touch stuff in your teens!). But after that many different drugs can be enjoyed in moderation (although some you should never touch - heroin & crack being the obvious ones). The key is to use drugs and not abuse. An adult smoking a spliff after a days work really isn't drug abuse.

The thing about strength of weed- no doubt it can be very strong but then - so what? Surely its better to smoke a small volume of strong weed than a larger volume of weaker stuff? Less rubbish in your lungs etc. Again this comes down to use vs abuse- you can tell strong weed easily once you're experienced and know when to stop. For newbies its best to stick to small amounts - and DON'T mix with alcohol!!

And in the end drug taking could kill you

And so could crossing the street - its a calculated risk. However, crossing the street is many times more dangerous than any drug taking. Looking at the stats:

Deaths in Nottinghamshire on roads per year: ~2000

(Source: recent BBC local news story)

Deaths from taking Ecstacy for ALL UK per year: ~50

Deaths from cannabis smoking for ALL UK per year: ~0

(Source: Drugscope website)

Of course, death isn't the only problem with drug taking but you get my drift...

Posted

As with anything 'taking it' is easy, 'handling it' is all together different.

My post is for the consumption of the under 25yr olds not folk that should know better!!!

Front rooms are the place for this type of natter not an open forum which is open to scrutiny by all and may help reinforce bad practice or be seen as an excuse to 'try ' something you shouldn't.

1 in 4 people react poorly (psychotic episodes, chronic paranoia, depression) when introduced in their teens to the 'new' skunk weeds now openly available. Sadly this was not the case with cannabis resin (which most folk will have been accustomed to) or 'bush' which was generally weaker still. the 'Psycho actives' in the 'new' genetically engineered strains (cross pollination of sativa/indica) are just that, Psycho active and so the neural pathways that are laid down in adolescence/early adult life can be badly 'hot wired' for 1 in 4 of the population.

If your doing it already it is now too late and you'd better hope your not the 1 in 4 badly blighted or the 2 in 4 psychiatricly affected by the Canabidinoids (that's 1 in 2 or 50%).

Here is not the place for showing adult personal preferences but for showing guidance on 'mature' attitudes towards chemical intake.

Loss of life (dying) is the worst that can happen , loss of life (the life you could have made for yourself had you not spent 10yrs excusing your 'usage' whist remaining 'blitzed' at every opportunity) is another matter. I've seen bright heads turned dull and nice partnerships broken because of 'the odd spliff after work' .

I can only report my 'experience' of such things so 'If in doubt, you can just pull out' (and don't do it!!!)

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

hmm sounding like a classic ex-user there of which I can think of one who scorns all who use weed (he still drinks plenty though of course + acts like a prat). I certainly can't see any partnerships breaking down due to my occasional use and have no intention of stopping. I don't spend my life waiting for the next spliff or allow any part of what I do be affected by this 'habit'. I enjoy it - a nice way to unwind from time to time. It fits into my life, not my life fits around it. Much like having a beer, a cuppa tea (more of regular habit there!) or playing a computer game.

I've smoked since 2001 and the only time I'd say I regretted it was when having too much after drinking- that ain't pretty.

But I do agree that no one under 18 should have ANY drugs inc alcohol & tobacco. Even on reaching 18 I'd still advise keeping off it. For those still growing it is BAD news.

Posted
hmm sounding like a classic ex-user there of which I can think of one who scorns all who use weed (he still drinks plenty though of course + acts like a prat). I certainly can't see any partnerships breaking down due to my occasional use and have no intention of stopping. I don't spend my life waiting for the next spliff or allow any part of what I do be affected by this 'habit'. I enjoy it - a nice way to unwind from time to time. It fits into my life, not my life fits around it. Much like having a beer, a cuppa tea (more of regular habit there!) or playing a computer game.

I've smoked since 2001 and the only time I'd say I regretted it was when having too much after drinking- that ain't pretty.

But I do agree that no one under 18 should have ANY drugs inc alcohol & tobacco. Even on reaching 18 I'd still advise keeping off it. For those still growing it is BAD news.

Thanks bottesford, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone (defo not your good self) and you are incorrect as to my motivations which are purly that I think our teens don't need to see us oldies 'doin' alright' by doing stuff that may harm them.

I was a teen once and could have been a father at that time (all along thinking I was old enough) and I was sooo much older when I saw how wrong I would have been had i gone on with it.

When we can't trust them further than acting as a teen we need them to know 'their truth' which is sadly different from 'our truth'.

Girlies have to live with these 'double standards' in other areas of their life as by becoming sexually active too young leads to an increase in the occurance of cervical cancer in later life and so it is not just the area we have talked about that has good 'developmental reasons' for avoidance until the person is 'fully physically developed'.

Posted

Better still do not smoke atall. And only drink alcohol in moderation and when your over 18. E.G a glass of wine with your tea.

The thing about strength of weed- no doubt it can be very strong but then - so what? Surely its better to smoke a small volume of strong weed than a larger volume of weaker stuff?

Better still dont take it atall. No mater how little of the stuff you smoke it still harms you.

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Maybe that you needn't be a 'Space Cadet' to appreciate 'Life, the Universe....and everything' but you do need 'a life'?

Once again this is for the under 25's ,you old gits can do as you must (me included!!!).

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
hmm sounding like a classic ex-user there of which I can think of one who scorns all who use weed (he still drinks plenty though of course + acts like a prat).

I've been thinking on this and though I've known a few I know this one girl and her attitude really sucks on most things (IMO) but , knowing her as I do (old band mates 'lady') I have come to realise smoking just didn't 'sit well' with her (mentally) but, unlike me, she seems to image the world peopled by people 'like' her (just varying shades of her 'personality') and so feels that everyone who smokes will 'feel it' the way it affected her. It ain't like that though is it?

Mrs 'I know best' was probably one of the 1 in 4 (Nature) that end up with problems, especially when their life experience has left them with poorly formed personalities/emotional foundations (Nurture) through which to channel their own life experiences.

Sad though it is many 'reformed' individuals seem only to 'reform' their substance abuse and neglect that which led them to it (the substance abuse) in the first place (a taste for being so blitzed as to push out their day to day emotionaly, dysfunctional, pained existence). Their 'emotional damage/dysfunction'.

I feel this is why they ,the reformed, can be a little 'full on' about displacing their own experience onto your own life. I think they are still reeling from the weak foundations that 'prop them up'. The longer it goes on ,un-faced/untreated, the 'worse' they will become until those shaky foundations give way and....collapse. Call it middle aged crisis, call it a freak out but before they reach 40 they will generally reach 'crisis point' (I feel).

Because we are not 'handicapped' in this way should not have us feeling some folk are 'weaker' than us for they are just different and equally as valid but with a differing genetic makeup that excludes them from using the sustances we can/choose.

I have to shoulder my share of the responsibility for course mate who flunked out of 2nd year Uni. because he 'lost it' on cannabis. I didn't 'egg him on' but was part of a 'good scene' that he became too fond of. No 'scene', no dropout.

Like anything else, as long as you control it, and it doesn't 'control you' ,then thats fine but being 'controlled' also means too stoned to 'face outside', too stoned to 'emote', to stone to live life, too stoned to 'remember' any more.

Though he'd drive me nuts I do feel sorry for your mate. The fact he's still getting 'Blitzed' sounds like he's also still running away from life. I hope he finds his peace.

Posted
I only had alcohol until I was 21 anyway (which I advise to everyone- don't touch stuff in your teens!). But after that many different drugs can be enjoyed in moderation (although some you should never touch - heroin & crack being the obvious ones). The key is to use drugs and not abuse. An adult smoking a spliff after a days work really isn't drug abuse.

The thing about strength of weed- no doubt it can be very strong but then - so what? Surely its better to smoke a small volume of strong weed than a larger volume of weaker stuff? Less rubbish in your lungs etc. Again this comes down to use vs abuse- you can tell strong weed easily once you're experienced and know when to stop. For newbies its best to stick to small amounts - and DON'T mix with alcohol!!

And so could crossing the street - its a calculated risk. However, crossing the street is many times more dangerous than any drug taking. Looking at the stats:

Deaths in Nottinghamshire on roads per year: ~2000

(Source: recent BBC local news story)

Deaths from taking Ecstacy for ALL UK per year: ~50

Deaths from cannabis smoking for ALL UK per year: ~0

(Source: Drugscope website)

Of course, death isn't the only problem with drug taking but you get my drift...

Hmm very good points indeed sorry ive not been on Net weather to post in on here but i had to go to school and babysit! haha!(which i dont mind doing because i love kids and other peoples money)

Can someone remind me what this thread is about?

this thread is basically things that dont pop up you dont take a second to think about and here they do in which a discussion pops up! hope thats alright for you!

Life, the universe and everything...

Isn't the answer 42?

LOL Youve been watched The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy to many times :help:

Posted

As we grow old we live our days we eat,sleep,see,hear (you get the point)

But altogether we have but one reason to live in this screwed up floating rock

as time went on from the begining of the world to this present day man and woman have thrived to succed to build bigger buildings to be rich to be known and every time Parkinson comes on there name will be hopefully heard or said!

We are Idiots we are absolute idiots (apart from gray wolf and hemmy) The world as we know does not depend on humans actually we have actually made a pretty bad mess of things, if man would have been at the bottom of the food chain our world will have been more extravigent more complex probably with no doubt that today animals know alot more than we do but unfortunatly they havent evolved poseable thumbs or The Ability to talk or proper vision as one of grays topics the abilty of predicatbilty animals make noise or like the Elephants before the tsnami they had lined up on the shore.

As an agreement we are an pretty complex species and also very 'social dependent' like the Dolphins and the Leemars!

But a very small but Unsure Obstacle lays on our crusade but lie The Battle Of Arsuf a surprise the most un-obviouse!

The instects said to have came here on Meatiorites<< dont know wether you spell it like that!

There frail but unusual body structure makes them seemingly harmless but they are what we today call aliens!

Although do any Sufficient Power today Thousand and Millions of years ago they were as big as us they would of probably

eaten our Ansestorial brothers the Apes but only one thing for sure that fossils tell us they were pretty big!

Edited by Gallow_glass

Posted

As we grow old we live our days we eat,sleep,see,hear (you get the point)

But altogether we have but one reason to live in this screwed up floating rock

as time went on from the beginning of the world to this present day man and woman have thrived to succeed to build bigger buildings to be rich to be known and every time Parkinson comes on there name will be hopefully heard or said!

We are Idiots we are absolute idiots (apart from gray wolf and hemmy) The world as we know does not depend on humans actually we have actually made a pretty bad mess of things, if man would have been at the bottom of the food chain our world will have been more extravagant more complex probably with no doubt that today animals know alot more than we do but unfortunately they haven't evolved poseable thumbs or The Ability to talk or proper vision as one of grays topics the ability of predictability animals make noise or like the Elephants before the tsunami they had lined up on the shore.

As an agreement we are an pretty complex species and also very 'social dependent' like the Dolphins and the Lemar's!

But a very small but Unsure Obstacle lays on our crusade but lie The Battle Of Arsuf a surprise the most un-obvious!

The insects said to have came here on Meteorites<< dont know Werther you spell it like that!

There frail but unusual body structure makes them seemingly harmless but they are what we today call aliens!

Although do any Sufficient Power today Thousand and Millions of years ago they were as big as us they would of probably

eaten our Ancestral brothers the Apes but only one thing for sure that fossils tell us they were pretty big!

Hi G.G.!

They call us the 'clever ape' but maybe we're too clever for our own good (or too short sighted!!)

Maybe humanity is fatally flawed and unless we 'evolve away from this 'flaw' we are doomed to wipe ourselves out.

'What is that flaw' you may ask, well I think I have recognized some of the components that have created it but the list is far from complete!

The fact that 'climate change' gave birth to our species (the 'drying up ' of Africa and a move from 'forested' to 'grasslands' )would make it all the more poignant if 'climate change' were to also prove our undoing (a bit too 'Jade Goody' eh?)

Insects: During the Carboniferous planetary oxygen levels were 40% higher than today. Insects breathe through their skin (through 'Spiricules'?) and so the more oxygen around the longer these 'tubes' can be and still supply oxygen to the critters. Insects became massive during this time (and I don't mean very 'popular') with Dragonflies having 6' wingspans and centipedes with bodies as wide as beach balls. Of course had we been around we'd have benefitted from all that oxygen too (like the best altitude training ever!!!) so we'd have been able to avoid them better!!!

I like this thread! most folk seem to be a tad confused by it but that's their problem eh???

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
Ok, here's something I've always wondered.... what happens to tampons when they're flushed down the loo?

They expand into huge great bloody pillows that eventually block your sewers so don't!!! why can't you wrap them and dispose of them responsibly??? We had a blocked drain once which I had to repair and it was all bloody tampons and sweetcorn.........amongst a very 'orrid matrix of smelly gooh.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
I think you've failed to grasp the issue GW

Dead right, you use their 'tail'..............

Why can't they just use 'menstruation cups'???? Good to be a bloke eh?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
Here's another one... why do they always use blue liquid on adverts for tampons, sanitary towels, nappies and incontinence pads etc?

They're the ones meant for the Royals......you've heard of the Royal Wee, well now you have a fuller picture

My ,My Oon ,so different yet soooo similar.....

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
Didn't Prince Charles once express a particular interest in this subject?

Didn't he think he was talking about climbing boot add ons?

Posted
And is the blue liquid environmentally friendly?!

Yeah, they're great chums, not just christmas cards you understand.

Posted
Thank you Wibs. I look forward to reading more of your questions.

y'see, there you go again!!! Gazumper!!!