Snow Reports 15.03.2007 Onwards

Guest Viking141

Posted
Very loud thunder overhead now

Temp 6.1

Press 999

Starting to hail now.

Great fun - snow thunder!

i remember the last time that happened (snow thunder) , about 2 years ago.

the country ground to a halt as drivers ended up being stranded , such was the downpour of snow in a short

space of time.

Posted

well posted in storm reports as well... just had a nasty storm here.. cloud to ground lightning snow/hail/etc.... very summery type storm. :wallbash:

Posted

Gone all dark and the clouds came in from the North we now have a snow/graupel shower which is heavy at times and the wind has picked up!

Callie ;)

Posted
Ive just had a snow shower with lightning ;) so does that count as thunder-snow?

;)

Yap i think so, quick report had a light snow shower just came past that few mins turn very heavy and left a bit of white on the grass

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted

Heavy soft hail/snow shower here at the moment settling on roofs/grass. Mostly light so far showers on and off all afternoon.

Posted

Snowing heavy here, came out of nowhere!

Ok it's clearing now! ;)

Edited by geri2k

Posted

Just a cold, horrible wet day in Aberdeen - wet snow grains that melted almost immediatly - showers increasing in frquency this afternoon and some now have snow flakes but still very damp.

Cold snap a huge let down in NE Scotland so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Scattered showers here today with a light covering of snow this morning. Turned to sleet later though.

Skies now clear and temps at 3.3C. Wind seems to have died as well so a frost may be on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Enjoyable cold snap.

Yestreday - Thundersnow and graupel with a wonderful fork lightning strike over the moors. Further snow hail and graupel showers into the evening.

Today - Light covering this morning on the grass from early snow showers. Snow and graupel showers starting again early afternoon. One shower was accompanied by thunder.

Currently - Light snow, very angry sky to the north. Temperature is 1.7C

Posted

Well we had a couple of heavy snow showers that caused billazard conditions for aruond 15 minutes. It has settled in most places due to the forecity and is currently giving 4cm on the lawn and most other places. They were big flakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Severe Hailstorm earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Exciting blizzard-like conditions. squally winds averaging 25 mph accompanied by driving snow, settling momentarily in the heaviest burst.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

What a mixed bag it has been today weather wise. Sunshine, showers, hail, snow, thunder and a bitterly cold wind.

Didn't expect the thunder !

Posted

Awoke to 2 to 3 inches and 2 or 3 heavy snow showers with brief blizzards on the hill.

And a blizzard when the sun was out with no snow falling it was fantastic ;) rare to see that happen these days!!! the wind just picked up out of nowhere, glad I went up there then the wind dropped off slightly but it still drifted until around 10 a.m.

It`s all thawed besides the snow drifts and the temp reached higher than yesterday at 5.9c in the strong/gale NNW wind.

Currently moderate hail shower and 2.9c and very windy.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

It's P'ing down or doing something right now outside but because its dark and I have no lamp post to watch I can't tell what it is ! By the sound though I reckon its sleet.....

Posted
i remember the last time that happened (snow thunder) , about 2 years ago.

the country ground to a halt as drivers ended up being stranded , such was the downpour of snow in a short

space of time.

I remenber that hitchin in herts just leaving work thunder and lightening jus before the snow ! was about 5PM