Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports 15.03.2007 Onwards

Guest Viking141

Posted
;) Just had a huge heavy and blustery shower of graupel, settled on the grass in moments.Half expected lightening but didn't see any, dusk turned to blackness.

Posted

Snowing hard here now and settling, all I hear are sirens, a few people being caught out I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

About 40 mins ago we had heavy snow which turned to sleet which turned into a wonderful hail storm! At least I can say I have seen falling snow - I am happy now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just a few short light-moderate snow showers here this afternoon, nothing setttled. A succession of heavier showers not far to the east of here.

50% of this morning's lying snow was gone by early afternoon and now there are just lots of drifts lying about.

T.M

Quite a lot of snow showers overnight, which failed to stick, then a near blizzard of graupel, which gave a decent covering on cars, roofs, and grass and some pavements, but then stopped after about 20 minutes.

Since then scattered wintry shwoers.

Posted

several showers of rain, sleet, soft hail and snow after about 1500, off and on until around 1900. Just covered the ground briefly a couple of times but melted pretty soon after that.

Posted

Had some heavy snow showers here today which left a temporary light covering before melting.

A light covering on the grass at the moment from a snow shower which occured towards dusk,more to come overnight by the look of the radar. :)

Posted

Keith, 9am - 2cms

Aberlour, 11am - <1cm

Aviemore, 1pm - 8-10cms

Posted

Awoke to a light covering of snow this morning here in Brighton unfortunately it was gone by 9am or so. A few hail and sleet showers during the day.

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

snowing and settling here at last at effectively sea level. highlands likely to be fairly snowbound tomorrow i'd guess.

Posted

post-5186-1174346576_thumb.jpg

From earlier today:

Had a very heavy hail shower just after 17:00. It was like someone had emptied a bag of polystyrene balls everywhere. This settled and was up to 15mm in depth in places! Also lightning and rumbles of thunder to the east over Southampton water and beyond.

Rain turning steadily to snow at around 19:15, came down quite heavily and lasted for about 10 minutes although didn't settle on the mush from the earlier hail.

Remnants of the hail still on the ground.

Attached pic of my hailman. I call him Caesar and he is still there.

been heavy snow here for the past half hour and still going. a good covering on the grass and roofs

:) saw this and thought i had posted earlier but couldn't remember doing it?

Edited by Looking Up

Posted
  • Location: Great Barr - 5 miles North of Birmingham City Centre
  • Location: Great Barr - 5 miles North of Birmingham City Centre

Had 3 heavy hail showers just. Inbetween was a clap of thunder! Im guessing thats it for south west wales until next year.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Just started snowing again here in the North East , lets see how long this lasts for this time????

nigel

Posted

Blizzard conditions up here this morning! Not too much snow on the ground I guess most of it has blown into drifts in the strong wind.

Posted
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides

Occasional Blizzards with ground snow cover, even on the beach !!

Wind NNE gusting 41 mph

Temp 0.9 C

Pressure 1023 rising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially cold and snow!

MORNING ALL,

ANOTHER WHITEOUT HERE IN JARROW,SNOW SETTLING ON EVERYTHING NOW.FIRST SNOW OF A BARREN,SNOWLESS WINTER.

ANDY :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Heavy snow showers in Cleadon between 10pm and 1am, but providing nothing more than a temporary smidgeon of quarter-cover; ground too wet & air temperature too high.

Odd flurries between 1am and 5:30am, nothing settled. Temp generally between 1.5 and 2.0C during this period.

5:30am onwards- temperatures a fraction of a degree lower, resulting in the snow settling increasingly readily as heavy blowing snow and hail showers returned. A 3cm cover at 9am, the largest of the season so far. Roads are apparently treacherous; it is of concern that every time it snows, it causes more disruption than a similar amount of snow did the previous winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Had occasionial light snow showers this morning but not heavy enough to even threaten a covering.