Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st

Posted
Hi monkey.

yea I think its going to be the same again.

On the met loop the rain is getting heavier and we are in the middle of the area.#And its not moving much,could turn nasty.My friend had a

#caravan wrote off last time...they have just got a new one....Its in the same place where it got flooded last time(longelevns)

At work near Heathrow, and it's just started up here. Moderate to heavy and just the one flash of lightning. It looked like it might miss us completely, but spread out to us really quickly looking at the radar.

Missing some fun and games at home by the look of things though.

Posted

GFS 00Z run seems to be accurate so far. I was checking if the band was pushing further north quicker than expected, but it appears to be panning out as gfs predicts.

post-5508-1184922881_thumb.jpg

Edited by WS Evolution

Posted

Absolutely torrential for the past 30mins here, plus several very close lightning strikes with Gunshot Thunder.

Approx 40mm rainfall so far(the vast majority of that in last 30mins)

Posted

What do the experts expect to happen south of the M4 today, clearing by lunchtime and then poss heavy showers to follow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

As usual I seem to be slap bang in the middle of all the action - woke to heavy rain at 4am but hardly had any rain since!

Its exceptionally humid here, whether that'll trigger any showers/storms bit later is anyone's guess!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

At work near Heathrow, and it's just started up here. Moderate to heavy and just the one flash of lightning. It looked like it might miss us completely, but spread out to us really quickly looking at the radar.

Yes, Mark. I am in Ash and it is still chucking it down with thunder sitting over Pirbright barracks by the sound of things.

Andy

Posted
Still thundering here, V loud now. witnessed something strike very close to Tesco, Hookwood this morning about 9.15. Sounded like a massive explosion.

Yeah I saw and heard that! I was having a cigarette at the time, made me jump!! More thunder and lightning now to my north east, must be heading towards you now?

Posted

In fairness to the early warnings issued they have called this event spot on. Lets just hope there is no serious flooding particularly to homes and businesses.

Posted

The day started cloudy but bright here in Manchester with an easterly breeze. The cloud has thickened now and it started to spit.

The main action is much further south of course and I don't expect much rain till the latter part of the afternoon.

Karyo

Posted

No thunder here Mark YET!!!...just heavy rain for a long time now

Edited by dogs32

Posted

currently in petersfield (south of b'stoke/alton in hampshire) at the moment.

torrential rainfall and just heard the first rumbles of thunder.

rainfall has been non-stop all morning.

Posted
non event here in London - appears there was lots of media overhype especitally for this area.

someone in the office reported flooding in Horsham though.

Just because your own area is not badly affected you just need to read the reports and look at the radar to see that this is becoming quite an exceptional event and that the Media have played this absolutley spot on.

Posted

Had a few flashes and rumbles between 11pm and midnight, then again at about 2.50am it came back and got quite close but not very frequent although must have lasted a good couple of hours. Rain started before 11pm last night but heaviest was around 6am to 8am. Now very grey and misty looking with light rain.

Callie ;)

Posted
Yeah I saw and heard that! I was having a cigarette at the time, made me jump!! More thunder and lightning now to my north east, must be heading towards you now?

Yeah, torrential rain now....and gunshot thunder.

Posted
Hi monkey.

yea I think its going to be the same again.

On the met loop the rain is getting heavier and we are in the middle of the area.#And its not moving much,could turn nasty.My friend had a

#caravan wrote off last time...they have just got a new one....Its in the same place where it got flooded last time(longelevns)

I live just by where it flooded and so really hope for their sakes that the Brook holds it banks this time (or should I say Severn Trent don't pump the water back onto the flood plain (sorry housing estate!)

Good website here for updates on the situation in longlevens - http://longlevens-flooded.co.uk/

Just because your own area is not badly affected you just need to read the reports and look at the radar to see that this is becoming quite an exceptional event and that the Media have played this absolutley spot on.

Hear hear. That rain over west london area is still intensifying and it ain't going anywhere fast. the media are spot on. 60-100mm of rain could fall easily in some places today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

This is like a day in the middle of January with the central heating full on - hate it! Hopefully should clear my area this afternoon giving a bright dry evening in time for a walk to the village pub

Posted
Yeah, torrential rain now....and gunshot thunder.

Got really dark here now!!! street lights have come on, and as I type torrential rain!

Which part of Reigate are you Simon are you in the main town?

Posted

ok. i guess it should just be a matter of time if its raining in Reigate and Crawley; but seems slow moving if thats the case.

Todays Weather

Wales: A generally cloudy and wet day is expected. The rain will be persistent and often heavy with the risk of local flooding. A cool northeast wind.

Northwest England: Another day of sunny spells and scattered showers but some very heavy rain will spread into southern parts this afternoon and move steadily northwards through the evening.

West Midlands: A generally cloudy and wet day is expected. The rain will be persistent and often heavy with the risk of local flooding. A cool northeast wind.

East Midlands: Cloudy with outbreaks of often heavy rain spreading slowly northwards during the day. Some torrential and thundery rain at times especially in the south and west where up to 100mm of rain could fall in some places.

Southwest England: Rain will be heavy and persistent in the northeast with a cool northeast wind. Elsewhere, mostly cloudy with some heavy showers at times. The heaviest rain should tend to clear northwards through the afternoon with bright spells developing

London & Southeast England: Cloudy with outbreaks of often heavy rain, some torrential and thundery downpours in places, but becoming drier and perhaps brighter later. Quite breezy at times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/ind...?summary=show01

Wales 90% Risk

West Midlands 90% Risk

East Midlands 100% Risk

South West England 90% Risk

London & South East England 85% Risk

East of England 85% Risk

North West England 80% Risk

The heavy rain will continue in some places until 3am on saturday stay safe everyone.

Posted
Got really dark here now!!! street lights have come on, and as I type torrential rain!

Which part of Reigate are you Simon are you in the main town?

South Park. Seems to have eased slightly now and got a bit lighter. Still V loud thunder. I think it strikes the mast on Reigate Hill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

FIRST THUNDER HERE IN CHELTENHAM!! Did u hear that dogs??