Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st

Posted

Storm seems to be clearing away from here now, just a few rumbles in the distance. Rain isn't letting up much though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather
anyone else near reading seeing cloud moving upwards !

really strange. low straggly cloud is rising upwards.

can't make out much more as the rain is blocking my view

Tornado forming ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
The fire alarm just went off live on Radio 2! Jeremy Vine said the lightning struck the building or something.

We are currently experiencing severe technical problems, and regret that many programmes are unavailable. We are working to restore normal service.

yeh online seems to be down aswell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Extremes!

heavy rain, rumbles and the wind is now a lightish SSW

edit: torrential rain with thunder n lightening

Edited by senior ridge

Posted
Tornado forming ??

not sure cloud is definately moving in different directions

i'm going to venture out for a better look

Posted

My friend in Basingstoke has texted to say theres flooding and her house is affected :o

Here in w. London the storms still rumbling but the rain won't let up. We're trying to work out how we get out of our building later because the car parks flooded :huh:

Posted
On a normal day, that line of storms around the London area (and also some rumbling around Essex) would excite me, but the rate at which this rainband is moving, it's taking ages, and may die out electrically unless we can get some sun (unlikely).

I think there won't be any electric activity by the time the rain band properly arrives here. I hope I'm wrong of course.

It will still be heavy though.

Karyo

Posted
Not a sausage so far here in East Northamptonshire, just gusty winds and light-moderate rain at times. Some strikes about 25 miles to the south though.

The rain has been largely moderate-heavy here, I guess because I'm further west. Anyway, I have a feeling things will get more interesting for us later on :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

This is really dissapointing for me. I was the only one on here who wanted 4 inches of rain today, and East Anglia for a long time looked like it would be one of the worst affected areas, yet i've had only 0.6mm since midnight. Looks like pretty much nothin is going to hit the East either! Sent the rain this way if you don't want it!!!

Posted

bl**dy hell its really kicking off. lots of rotation to my north and rain increased 2 fold.

sky tv is cutting out and wind speed is increasing quite scarily

Posted
where abouts Dogs?

Lizzy way roundabout..bath road/thirlestain road...I brought my car back as some road you have to drive through it to get past..plus kingsditch

and Im sure there are others.....MUST be long elevens but I turned back....my garden patio is turning into a river slowly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Extremes!

blimey CG and loud bang, rain so heavy looks like fog :huh:

Edited by senior ridge

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather
not sure cloud is definately moving in different directions

i'm going to venture out for a better look

Had what appeared to be cloud rotation here a little while ago just as the system started to clear our area, low level broken cloud was moving rapidly in opposite direction to everything else. This cloud movement has stopped now as rain eased but would not be suprised to hear reports on the news later of, to quote their favourite saying, "mini tornadoes"

Posted
Lizzy way roundabout..bath road/thirlestain road...I brought my car back as some road you have to drive through it to get past..plus kingsditch

and Im sure there are others.....MUST be long elevens but I turned back....my garden patio is turning into a river slowly

Wow - hope I can get home! and looking at the Radar - the red/white colours are on their way.

Edited by monkeyuk

Posted

On the other hand of what is happening furthur east, its slowly brightning up here and not much rain at all today :huh:

Wondering if convection will occur here this afternoon? Warming up slowly

Posted
This is really dissapointing for me. I was the only one on here who wanted 4 inches of rain today, and East Anglia for a long time looked like it would be one of the worst affected areas, yet i've had only 0.6mm since midnight. Looks like pretty much nothin is going to hit the East either! Sent the rain this way if you don't want it!!!

Be patient. The band of ppn is moving slower than expected. Your time will come later!

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Rain is alot lighter here now, but the wind is going crazy. Swirling all over the place, clouds are moving in different directions with height too. Think I can hear distant thunder to the south also :huh:

Posted

Trickey is right I think the worst is yet to come....It can only get worse here then...I thought Monkey your from Long elevens

Posted

Listening to bbc hereford and worcester, lots of reports of roads flooded and dangerous conditions

Posted

It has gone pitch black here. I tried to go home at lunchtime - road flooded in both routes home - cars were going through but its up to the bottoms of doors - i will wait til later and hope is drains a bit.

Posted

torrential rain here, but the core of the curernt storm is passing off to my NW, caught thetail end of the band earlier and that gave a few rumbles, torrential rain non stop since though.

Was listening to a radio interview from the sundat tims building (not sure), the fire alarm went off, they said that lightining had hit the building and set it off!

Joe :huh:

Posted

Why on earth would you want 4 inches of rain, we've had 3, and still tidying up now(nothing serious thankfully)

Posted

LOL they were having the weather report update and even he got cut off , storm must of got him