Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st

Posted

wind has swung round and now blowing west to east.

intense rain and gusts. can't see the base anymore but its heading north north east

Posted
Listening to bbc hereford and worcester, lots of reports of roads flooded and dangerous conditions

yes my friend rang me up in Hereford says its getting bad there,that was 11.30

Posted
This is really dissapointing for me. I was the only one on here who wanted 4 inches of rain today, and East Anglia for a long time looked like it would be one of the worst affected areas, yet i've had only 0.6mm since midnight. Looks like pretty much nothin is going to hit the East either! Sent the rain this way if you don't want it!!!

YOU STILL ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTS 4 INCHES OF RAIN.. consider all the owners of 30,000 houses in hull affected last time - i am sure they dont want another 4 inches of rain.

Posted

Turned very sunny here now.. turning very muggy/tropical like.. wondering if that might kick off some home brew stuff.

Posted
yes my friend rang me up in Hereford says its getting bad there,that was 11.30

Dogs - I live in longlevens but work in Cheltenham, so don't wanna be stuck here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

my sis in basingstoke just called me water just gushing through her living room

Edited by lorraine_29

Posted
Dogs - I live in longlevens but work in Cheltenham, so don't wanna be stuck here!

can you phone someone up check your place....Im only guessing Long elevens must be bad...because its getting bad here slowly.Long elevens 10 mins away in car here

thunder again here sky going very dark again...virtual non stop heavy rain for quite a few hrs now

water 4inches away from patio doors

garden pond 2inches away from overflow

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hope everyone doesnt need this but in case..

What to do when you hear a flood warning :

listen out for warnings on radio and TV and phone Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for more information

move pets, vehicles, valuables and other items to safety

alert your neighbours, particularly the elderly

put sandbags or flood boards in place, but make sure your property is ventilated; plug sinks/baths and put a sandbag in the toilet bowl to prevent backflow

be ready to turn off gas and electricity (get help if needed); unplug electrical items and move them upstairs if possible

co-operate with emergency services and local authorities - you may be evacuated to a rest centre

do as much as you can in daylight; doing anything in the dark will be a lot harder, especially if the electricity fails

Posted
can you phone someone up check your place....Im only guessing Long elevens must be bad...because its getting bad here slowly.Long elevens 10 mins away in car here

Just did Thanks - we're ok but my wife is going to check the brook to see what it's looking like.

Posted

Good afternoon everyone :huh: Phew this thread is red hot today.

Sounds like some of you are having/ had some great action sofar today.

I should have followed my instincts and gone to bed lastnight. anyway hope everyone is

enjoying there storms.

Here it is dull cloudy dry and boring at the moment

Brian :o

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

fortunately were on quite a large ridge here so were safefrom flooding, however my school about 1 1/2 miles away was beggining to flood as i left (finally broke up, no more year10!), last time we had a torrentila storm there the place ended up 1ft deep in water!

And within a split second the rain stopped and the suns coming out!!

Joe :huh:

Posted

I have just broke up from year 9 as well so i will be going up into year 10. Its currently cloudy and dull here however looking at the radar its on its way and should be here slowly. I don't think its is going to be heavy because the bit coming to-wards me and Sheffield is fairly light.

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

This rain is reluctant to give up - I have seen the back edge to the south east of here for an hour now but its still raining and where it is clearer the clouds are going in all directions

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

thunder and lightning in MK now :huh:

Posted
Good afternoon everyone :huh: Phew this thread is red hot today.

Sounds like some of you are having/ had some great action sofar today.

I should have followed my instincts and gone to bed lastnight. anyway hope everyone is

enjoying there storms.

Here it is dull cloudy dry and boring at the moment

Brian :o

Hi, Brian.

Yep - a great storm in Brum last night. Very wet and miserable here at present with the threat of more to come. Whether it proves to be electrical or not remains to be seen.

Regards,

Mike.

signing out now - back to the slog!

...........however, by the look of the radar, the worst seems to be keeping west of the M40 corridor at the moment: thank God!

Edited by Winston

Posted

Rain has just cleared here. It went out with 3 flashes of lightning and a load boom of thunder!!!! Feels very sultry already.

Posted
Rain has just cleared here. It went out with 3 flashes of lightning and a load boom of thunder!!!! Feels very sultry already.

now cleared from central london..............willl we get convective storms later - sun will be shining brightly in a few minutes.

Posted

:huh: Yes it's as bad as predicted here in Swindon.Day has turned to night at times, lightning,thunder.Loads of local roads that previously very rarely flooded have flooded.The satellite (Sky) has gone off and my lawn which is raised, has flooded for the first time in nearly 7 years we have been in this house.Luckily i live on a hill so don't normal run the risk of flooding.I feel alot of people around the area are going to get flooded :o ............pics later.

Posted

rain is easing slightly but the winds have increased severley.

garden table just lifted off and went for wander down the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
thats weird i'm in Reading and the clouds coming from east to west !

Same here south-west of Norwich.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

yea AL hubby just went to go to kwik fit.its all flooded round by the railway bridge there.up at the bottom o the car.eekkk lucky he took off the air filter before

Edited by lorraine_29

Posted
I have just broke up from year 9 as well so i will be going up into year 10. Its currently cloudy and dull here however looking at the radar its on its way and should be here slowly. I don't think its is going to be heavy because the bit coming to-wards me and Sheffield is fairly light.

I dunno Mark.. Some of that rain has rates of 18mm/hr in it. A fair amount if it decides to hang around...