Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your highest max temp this summer?

TEITS

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
Erm....April is not summer.....That goes for the rest of you quoting April maxima too. Doesn't count. :lol:

If you read TEITS's whole post, not just the thread title, you'll see he decided to make it "this year", not just "this summer".

:lol: to you, too !!

'Fraid I don't know my max temp (I don't have a reliably positioned thermometer), but the official national monthly maxima have been: April - 26.5 at Herstmonceux on the 15th; May - 25.7 at Heathrow on the 24th; June - 27.2 at Prestatyn on the 11th.

Posted
Cork hit about 24 early on in the year.

Looks like we beat you teits and you thinking we just get drizzle through the whole year :rofl:

Well you have certainly proved me wrong mate.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Judging by your replies it certainly shows what a poor summer we have had and interestingly I noticed how many of you recorded your warmest temps in April/Early June. This just shows what an unusual summer it has been because you would always expect the warmest temps to be recorded from late June onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

26.4c on the 11th of June.

As an aside, last night saw the coldest July night since my records began here in Marton with a chilly 5.5c :lol: :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

my highest max temp this summer 27.0oC on the 9th june www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/2007/Rrea00120070609.gif, only 9th and 11th (saturday and monday) that have felt hot

my max temp this july 23.8oC on the 19th, my lowest 13.0C maximum on the 21st july same maximum as 9th january 07

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

the weather in the lakes hasn't been as bad as everywhere else hence my tropical temp of 28.2 11th June, in contrast this month has only reached 22.5 lower than both april and may.

Edited by Red Raven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
26.9°C on June 9th

I also recorded that temperature on the 9th and 28.3C on the 10th. While on holiday, 27.0C was reached on July 15th.

In recent years:

2006: 34.3C (Tuesday 18th July)

2005: 32.7C (Tuesday 12th July)

2004: 30.6C (Saturday 31st July)

2003: 35.1C (Sunday 10th August)

2002: 30.3C (Saturday 17th August)

2001: 32.2C (Saturday 28th July)

Posted

Some Dodgy Temps on here, Red Raven, 28.2 on the 11th of june! Ive looked at a couple of weather stations in cumbria and the warmest they came up with is 23.6 on the 9th of June, thats sounds much more realistic to me.

The highrst weve had is 24.6 on the 9th of June. This is the first time in many a year that 25 degrees has not been broken by the end of July, by this time last year we had broken 25 degrees by well over 20 times!

Posted
22.4C, 20 June. The first summer since 1993 that 24C has not been exceeded here by 29 July. 1993 exceeded 23C, so we have to go back to before then to find the last summer during which 23C was not breached by this time.

The current high maxima here is 23.5°C recorded on 12th June. So far July has failed to get above 22.9°C. Looking into my records, even the summers of 1985, 1988, 1993 and 1998 had all seen 24°C by the beginning of August. Its also the lowest July maxima since 1988, a month which failed to reach any higher than 21.2°C. Even July 2000 which was the coldest July in the last 20 years, managed to top this year's 22.9°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow
Some Dodgy Temps on here, Red Raven, 28.2 on the 11th of june! Ive looked at a couple of weather stations in cumbria and the warmest they came up with is 23.6 on the 9th of June, thats sounds much more realistic to me.

The highrst weve had is 24.6 on the 9th of June. This is the first time in many a year that 25 degrees has not been broken by the end of July, by this time last year we had broken 25 degrees by well over 20 times!

You would be suprised how mild it can be on the west coast. That 28.2 is correct and i've just checked the enerdale and seaton stations and they all show warm temps similar to mine - so its not dodgy.

http://www.wildennerdale.co.uk/weather/weather.htm

Edited by Red Raven

Posted

yes a touch cheeky for the Dr to question in public, a private pm okay.

Posted
the weather in the lakes hasn't been as bad as everywhere else hence my tropical temp of 28.2 11th June, in contrast this month has only reached 22.5 lower than both april and may.

I suppose I'm wrong too am I? The warmest day I've had over in the posh bit of Cumbria was 26.8º on....wait for it....June 11th.

Posted

Due to some questioning the max temps posted on this thread I thought I would take a look at the warmest days for April, May, June from the official weather stations.

Highest max temp for April was on the 15th with 26.5C in Herstmonceux E Sussex.

Highest max temp for May was on the 24th with 25.7c in Heatihrow

Highest max temp June was on the 11th with 27.2 in Prestatyn.

Im sure 27C hasn't been reached this month so the highest temp for this year is 27.2C which is very poor indeed.

Posted

Thanks for those monthly max temp figures, TEITS.

You can never have too many statistics - even when they're...um...the same ones I posted on the thread last night !! :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

25.1C here in south Tipperary on 10th June

July best so far 21.5C on the 12th

Posted
People can, of course, have had higher readings than the official ones though, as I'm sure you would agree!

Most certainly OON and I have known this for my location many times.

Our official weather station is located 20miles away at RAF Wittering which is located in the countryside near the A1. Now many a time during hot spells in the summer I have often noticed warmer temps here mainly due to living in a city. The same occurs with our min temps in winter because RAF Wittering records lower mins than here in Peterborough due to the same reasons.

I welcome all reports on this thread whether they are from a Steveson screen or some bog standard thermometre in the shade.

Thanks for those monthly max temp figures, TEITS.

You can never have too many statistics - even when they're...um...the same ones I posted on the thread last night !! :blush:

Only just noticed that :lol:

Posted
yes a touch cheeky for the Dr to question in public, a private pm okay.

OK I apologise, just looked very high too me, im in the centre of the country where the highest temperatures are usually reached and thats 4 degrees warmer than we have had. Also ive noticed down here that my local station has a full official stevenson screen weather station, but also the same site has an automatic weather station, I can say without doubt that the automatic weather station on warm sunny days is generally a couple of degrees or more higher than the actual recorded high from the official station at the same site, the same can be said for cool nights. So generally I take any maximum reading from automatic stations with a pinch of salt and prefer to use official stations when looking at stats.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

My highest reading of the summer also came on the 11th June at 29.0C exactly, but generally its maxed out at 21-23 at best. with 15.6C the lowest max on the 5th July.

Posted
26c on June 2nd.

:doh: The above is wrong as I was trying to do the post from memory.

The correct answer is 26c on June 9th and 10th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

27C in early June. Although I was in lanzarote when this occurred I checked out the different outputs, and 27C was evident for this area, and our microclimate would have ensured 27C was reached. I believe Prestatyn had the highest temperature in June, Prestatyn itself is only 7 miles from here, so there was probably a triangular foehn effect occurring at that period

Posted

24.0°C on April 15th 2007 - not Summer I know, but the closest we have had to it!

The highest last year was 27.5°C in July 2006 and the max recorded since 1950, was 32.6°C in July 1990.