Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 15th - 19th January 2004

Tim B

Posted

Post any further reports of wintery weather in this thread now.

Rain turning to snow rapidly here in darwen now, Large flakes falling mixed in with the rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Rain has turned to sleet in Lancaster. Similar mix, really, it "feels" like cold rain, but if you observe the precipitation, the rain is actually mixed with melting snowflakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Temperature fell to 3C, but now warming up, with sleet turning back to rain.

Posted

Started sleeting about 20 mins ago here, just south of Penrith, evidently getting a strong drag down effect on temp as now have moderate snow, not laying as everywhere so wet. I told my wife on Sunday it looked like snow for today, she jsut called me an anorak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

sleet and rain (together) all day here now 3C here. No chance of snow this evening I dont think though...

Posted

Still snowing in Penrith, much heavier now, no rain mixed in and visibility less than 300m. M6 down to 1 lane at the moment and snow accumulating at about 4cm/hr. Lovin' it!!

Posted

started snowing in newcastle at about 5:30 lasted for an hour and turned back to sleet.

i can still make a slush ball! here's hopping it turns back to snow before long.

i've got a 1/2 day at work tomorrow so i'm sledging on the hills around hexam with my little boy (age 1). ayone in that area got any reports?

Posted

Started snowing here at about 3.40pm. Over 5cm accumulation at 5 pm after VERY HEAVY snow. Then turned to sleet, then heavy rain.

Still 2-3cm of wet snow lying.

Posted

hi

not much idea of geography some people; penrith is in cumbria

jh

Posted

Apparently the North East had a similar predicament to New Year's Eve, with snow falling and settling from about Newcastle westwards, and sleet on the east coast.