Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (1)

Tim B

Posted

-3c, 3-4 inches of lying snow, took 1.5 hours to get into work this morning (usually 15 mins)

Heavy snow showers off and on, set to get colder and more snow!!!

:( :shock:

Posted

Tim,. where are you today? Manchester by any chance? Just wondering if it's headed my way :-)

We had such a good snowfall at approx 7.20am which lasted a good 20 minutes at least (useless compared to mostly EVERYWHERE else but good for Northwich!)

Lay well too, but then it rained and it all went!

I am currently throwing a tantrum and stropping like a child in my annoyance of my complete lack of any good snow! I am seriously considering moving to where Katie L lives, she always has oodles of the stuff!!!

Posted

I am in Darwen somewhere between 700 and 1000 feet ASL.

Manchester sucks for snow big time, I'm glad I moved back up here during the summer, It has rained down there while blizzard conditions up here so many times in the past.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

just had a light snow shower in milton keynes, clouds building again and turning dark. had about 1-2cms of snow overnight,more to come :(

Posted

Just started to snow in london, very dark tothe NW of me. Had about 2 inches last night, very heavy at 230am.

Paul Sherman

Posted

We have gad around 3 to 4 inches hear in Cambridgeshire, very good night. More snow to come perhaps for this afternoon, its turned cloudy.

Alot of roads were blocked.

Matt

Posted

Finally got on-line.. the power was cut because of the heavy snow and strong winds.

It seems that the second and third bands of snow are producing a lot more than the first band

The first band passed us yesterday afternnon, but only left a dusting. The second band got us about 5am this morning and left around 4" snow in 3 hours. There was then aclear spell with light snow showers for about 2 hours, but we have now been hit by a third wave of snow, but the winds are now a lot stronger and it is total white-out conditions as the already fallen snow is also drifting.

I made it too work, but if this continues I might not make it home

Current Temp -2'c

Wind 26mph NNW

Pressure 1001 falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Welcome to Lancaster, one of the warmest places in the UK presently (about as warm as the likes of Blackpool and Liverpool despite being further inland and higher up, I would reckon Morecambe is currently warmest) and it's sleeting.

Even the "snow" that arrived at 6-7am amounted only to sleet, as the temperature conveniently warmed up to 2C just in time, after having fallen to -2C just a couple of hours beforehand.

At least "It Said Sunny Intervals!", MSL and Glenn got some snow before the warmth originating around Lancaster spread to other parts of the North West. Here, where the warmth originated, there wasn't anything beyond sleet falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Good Morning Weather Watchers. The weather in Hertford in Hertfordshire South East England is: TEMPERATURE 2.1C / 36.5F HUMIDITY 77% DEW POINT -3.0C WIND WEST AT 5MPH WIND CHILL -2.5C. :(

Posted

Few inches fell last night then another inch this morning, now sleeting. It will sleet now anywhere except high ground in NW England!

Posted
We have gad around 3 to 4 inches hear in Cambridgeshire, very good night. More snow to come perhaps for this afternoon, its turned cloudy.

Alot of roads were blocked.  

Matt

Hi Matt,

I read with interest your snow report for Cambridgeshire.. Where abouts are you in Cambs as I'm in South West Cambs, close to the Beds border (16 miles from Cambridge) and we only got an inch :(

Not sure if we're due for any more, any thoughts..?

Posted

I have put a picture in the winter compo section of the snow. I thought I had better take it now, before it gets washed away by all the rain that keeps falling!

Posted

Ok We got blizzard conditions here :!: :(

Heavy Snow now with large flakes, Sporadic gale force winds shift the incoming snow horizontal causing it to hit the north facing windows, It is also producing vortexes of snow and falling flakes around certian objects of certian sizes depending on the gust strengths.

Posted

Right it is a major storm in north east england - it came rolling over the hills like a dust storm. Nearly all the schools are closing. It has been blizzarding in northumberland for 45 minutes and it has now hit county durham - the worst storm i have seen in a number of years - this is proper snow not the wet stuff - really nice fine snow - great for snowboarding etc.

i would say w ehave accumulated an extra 2 inches of snow in 20 minutes.

will post a picture of the storm coming over in a few minutes.

Posted

Tell me about it, I'm in South Shields and it's white out - got to get home to Ryton and there are no signs of gritters anywhere! :shock:

Posted

Where abouts do you live Arctic Blast :?:

Edit: Wow :shock:

That lookes like an F5 tornado of snow, Or yes indeed a dust storm of snow, That is amazing.